Stevie Jackson OR Vincent Jackson?

Stevie Johnson OR Vincent Jackson?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have if you could have just one?

Jackson is a more talented receiver but I can't help but want Stevie back. I know about his problems with celebrations after touchdowns, but that does not take back how he has totally embraced the city of Buffalo and made it his home. He has been that way since day one and it's obvious to me that he loves the players, the fans, the team, the entire city and what it stands for and he wants to stay. Please don't confuse immiturity with not being a team player or with not loving his team. That is totally absurd.

Vincent Jackson is super talented. That is a fact. He is also selfish to the 10th power and when he held out as long as he could last year, I was done with the guy. Totally not a team player. Never has been and never will be.

I agree that Vincent Jackson is super talented. And there are in fact several other FA WR's who may be available. Assuming we can have only one, doesn't it make sense to at least shop around and find out if one of these guys might be interested in playing here? Let's get the most bang for our buck...

I agree that Vincent Jackson is super talented. And there are in fact several other FA WR's who may be available. Assuming we can have only one, doesn't it make sense to at least shop around and find out if one of these guys might be interested in playing here? Let's get the most bang for our buck...

sure, but that has nothing to do with the poll question. it was simple. if you could just choose one, would you want johnson or jackson.

sure, but that has nothing to do with the poll question. it was simple. if you could just choose one, would you want johnson or jackson.

I used Vincent Jackson as such because right now he seems likely to be available, and as we both agree is super talented (certainly equal to or better than Stevie Johnson and minus all the drama) and depending on co$t might be a wiser choice. Some people will feel different for different reasons... I am curious how deep the support for Stevie is around here?

I used Vincent Jackson as such because right now he seems likely to be available, and as we both agree is super talented (certainly equal to or better than Stevie Johnson and minus all the drama) and depending on co$t might be a wiser choice. Some people will feel different for different reasons... I am curious how deep the support for Stevie is around here?

Vjax is SJ without the drama? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

let's be clear. jackson is faster, bigger, stronger....a true number one. steive might be a number one but that has yet to be proven. still, i want stevie. he wants to be here. that means a lot to me. loyalty. jackson is a punk who is only playing for money. could care less where he plays. just my opinion obviously but it's based on what i've seen over the last three years.

Both are children. As are Dwayne Bowe and Desean Jackson, the other top WR free agents. Regardless, Jackson won't sign in Buffalo, we just don't land the guys who are in demand.

Robert Meachem? Or would he be insane to leave that Saints offense?

Both are children. As are Dwayne Bowe and Desean Jackson, the other top WR free agents. Regardless, Jackson won't sign in Buffalo, we just don't land the guys who are in demand.

Robert Meachem? Or would he be insane to leave that Saints offense?

Funny how many wideouts are head cases, isn' it?

I wonder if it has to do with the constant professional fear of decapitation.

Anyways to the OP, for the sake of this little exercise, we're assuming that each player would come at equal cost?

Yeah, it comes with the territory, I guess. Oh to see the likes of another Andre Reed.

no kidding. after watching easley in preseason, i made the remark to one of my friends that he reminded me of a young eric moulds. (he'd need to bulk up a little of course). i know it was only a preseason game but he dominated the first half of action against jacksonville and gave me hope of what he could be...then of course the mysterious illness and the rest is history. :(

Or James Lofton.

or don beebe. heck, i'd take back peerless price now...at least the price of 2002 with his breakout season when he went deep early and often with bledsoe. heck, i'd take bucky brooks right now.

Yeah, it comes with the territory, I guess. Oh to see the likes of another Andre Reed.

no kidding. after watching easley in preseason, i made the remark to one of my friends that he reminded me of a young eric moulds.

Or James Lofton.

or don beebe. heck, i'd take back peerless price now…

Kwame Cavil anyone?

Anyways, I am glad that Easley has recovered from that chicken wing bone which perforated his intestines.

I'd take Stevie in a heart beat. I know VJ is great but he's not without incident either. So for what it's worth, i'd rather have the guy that's been here and produced back to back 1,000 yard seasons and already has a repor with Fitz. But I'd try and make sure to get both.

As far as Reed or Lofton, neither were without incident either. Reed was a major cry baby, especially at the end of his career. Wasn't Lofton involved with some off the field issues, beating his wife or something like that?

Just saying, none of these players are without incident, most have some issue here or there.

Edited by mrags

It's a slam dunk SJ is a Bill and will always be a Bill i hope . Sure he might have a couple of issues but between him & his team mates I think they will get it straightened out !!!

I'll take SJ over VJ any day when the Bills Play !!!!!!!!! Go Bills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed on Easley -- if he can stay healthy, he flashed explosive potential. In a scenario where he stretches the secondary, and we find a way to keep Stevie, that frees the budget to draft/throw crazy money at pass rushers

Agreed on Easley -- if he can stay healthy, he flashed explosive potential. In a scenario where he stretches the secondary, and we find a way to keep Stevie, that frees the budget to draft/throw crazy money at pass rushers

Next year, if he can prove himself, I would much rather have Easley going up for jump balls down the sideline than Donald "Can't Catch a Cold" Jones.

I think players who see themselves as superstars don't want to play in a Siberean outpost like Buffalo unless we were a SB contender. Stevie was drafted by us and probably learned to appreciate Buffalo but still missed his home town.

PTR

Stevie by a long shot. He brings less drama than vjax. Stevie has 3 penalties in the last 2 years that everyone is up in arms about - imagine if he skipped 10 games for a new contract like vjax did last year. As for Stevie's not a number 1 but vjax is here are the numbers for the last 2 years:

VJax Games Receptions Yards TDs

2010 5 14 248 3

2011 16 60 1106 9

Stevie

2010 16 82 1073 10

2011 16 76 1004 7

Who would you rather have? A guy who plays hurt and wears his emotion on his sleeve or a guy who plays when the money is right? If VJax is a number 1 (he is) so is Stevie! People need to give up the argument of he's not a number 1 or find some facts to back it up. VJax has a better offense and better qb but not better numbers!

Stevie for sure. Jackson is physically more talented (height, strength and a bit faster), but Stevie's route running and moves are MUCH better than Jackson. Jackson would never leave rivers to join fitz. He's regret it for life.

For those clamoring to sign BOTH...... Lol. We root for the bills, remember? We'll be lucky to sign one of them.

I'll take Johnson.

Vincent Jackson has no work ethic and runs sloppy routes. He also benefits from a system where the defense has to focus on multiple weapons like Antonio Gates in nearly perfect weather, on grass. Johnson has been effective with opposing defenses not having to worry about guys like that in a mix of weather on turf. When you are the only real receiving threat, you need to run crisp, clean routes and out work your opposition.

I used to be high on Vincent Jackson but no longer. His talent has fallen victim to it's owner's personality and ego.

BOTH!!! There is no reason we can't get both with how far under the Cap we are. If I have to pick one, I'm taking SJ. He plays hurt, likes playing in Buffalo, does not have a bad ego (he does goofy celebrations, so what), and his teamates love him.

Edited by RyanC883

BOTH!!! There is no reason we can't get both with how far under the Cap we are. If I have to pick one, I'm taking SJ. He plays hurt, likes playing in Buffalo, does not have a bad ego (he does goofy celebrations, so what), and his teamates love him.

Yes there is a reason we can't get both. Ralph Wilson is our owner. You think he'll pony up 18 mill a year for 2 wrs in one free agency period? Pass the pips, I want some too.