Does anyone own season tickets that live outside WNY?

tito1

I was interested in becoming a season ticket holder, but live about 5 hours outside Buffalo. As a result, I can make about 3 home games a year. Does anyone own season tix and is it pretty easy to sell tix you can't attend?

I was interested in becoming a season ticket holder, but live about 5 hours outside Buffalo. As a result, I can make about 3 home games a year. Does anyone own season tix and is it pretty easy to sell tix you can't attend?

My buddy lives in NYC, and had no problem selling his tickets, prior to the last few home games. I got the Bronco game tickets!

I am almost tempted to buy seasons, just to support the team...they are so unbelievably cheap compared to other teams. I went to see the Bills game against the Giants, in Jersey earlier in the year. I had almost exactly the same seats in Jersey as I did for the Bills/Broncos game at the Ralph. In fact, the Bills tickets were just a tad better...

face value for the Giants ticket:$350...face value for the Bills: $90.00

Edited by Buftex

I'd be willing to bet 1/3 of Bills season ticket holders live outside of WNY. I live near Boston, an 8 hour drive, and I get to 3-4 games a year.

The resale market for Bills tickets is remarkably good for as bad a run we have had. You can almost double face value for the opener no matter what. A game with a marquee player like Mike Vick can go for more than $100. Games against the Steelers, Cowboys, or Giants are gold. Jets tickets sell well too. (Usually drunk UB students from Long Island.) December games, when we are usually out of it, are a tough sell. Not sure what you want to get back but I think you can get back half of what you spend.

NFL TicketExchange is nice because you can have any ticket sales applied to your Bills account, but they don't allow you to sell at below face value. StubHub lets you sell at any price but they take 15% commission, as opposed to only 10% with TicketExchange.

PTR

I live in Syracuse and have had season now for 12 years. For some reason I have a hard time selling my extras, it's probably because I have club seats, so as PTR noted, Ticket Exchange won't let me dump them at a low price, their set minimum for mine is about $150/each. It could also be that I usually wait till a few weeks before a game when I list my seats, instead of when the schedule first comes out, since I may still want to go to a game. I'd be interested in those that respond or have already responded, when do you list your seats?

I live in nc and fly up on most Sunday's. It's pretty easy to sell them online if you can't make the game. Stub hub, ticket exchange, etc...

I live in Syracuse and have had season now for 12 years. For some reason I have a hard time selling my extras, it's probably because I have club seats, so as PTR noted, Ticket Exchange won't let me dump them at a low price, their set minimum for mine is about $150/each. It could also be that I usually wait till a few weeks before a game when I list my seats, instead of when the schedule first comes out, since I may still want to go to a game. I'd be interested in those that respond or have already responded, when do you list your seats?

I have 4 seats in 241 Rockpile. Definitely easier moving cheap seats. I usually pick my games when the Sabres schedule comes out. Why? I like to double or triple my sports fun with a Sabres game (I have 2 Sabre seasons) and/or a UB football or basketball game. One time I did a Ti-Cats CFL game.

PTR

I live about 45 minutes north of nyc, have had season tickets for 15 years, never have a problem selling tickets to games I can't make it to to. Unfortunately, if buffalo doesn't resign stevie Johnson I'm not sure ill be renewing. Too much to spend for tickets, travel , food and be a committed fan if the front office doesn't do the same. Resign our own players and get a pass rusher, I believe this is a playoff team and stevie is the heart and soul of this team. They let him go this team loses a lot more then just a wr and this team regresses, again.

Anyone have an idea of the quality of season tickets that might be available for 2012 given what was available last year and the prospects for the team improving. I was hoping to get season tickets in the lower sections (sunny side of stadium) but don't want to get stuck in the corners or endzone. Any thoughts on what sections might be available? Thanks. Would Clubseats be worth it?

Edited by JAYKAY

I do. I live in VA. My seats are now fantastic. I'm at about the 32 yard line, Bills sideline, 17 rows up. I didn't have any trouble selling any of my games this year. That includes the three December games. Two went for slightly above face value, and the last game went for face value, despite numbers of tickets being available. At the beginning of the year for the NE and Philly games, I know people were getting about $200 per for their seats.

That being said, last year my tickets were on about the 10 yard line, 32 rows up. Still pretty good seats, but not as good as they are now. I couldn't give my tickets away anytime after week 6 or so. I've actually given them away more than a few times. I generally make every game until I feel we are out of it.

So, take it for what it's worth.

Anyone have an idea of the quality of season tickets that might be available for 2012 given what was available last year and the prospects for the team improving. I was hoping to get season tickets in the lower sections (sunny side of stadium) but don't want to get stuck in the corners or endzone. Any thoughts on what sections might be available? Thanks. Would Clubseats be worth it?

A group of six of us moved about 25 yards toward the 50 this past year, lower bowl. There is no better time to buy season tickets than now. I've debated giving mine up, but we all stuck with it through all of this crap.......we now have awesome seats. If they are ever good again, I'm sitting pretty.

Season ticket sales have plummeted, and most likely, unless the Bills make a huge splash in FA, will continue to do so this year.

Now's the time to buy if you can stand the drek on the field. Although, the games this year, at the Ralph, were mostly wildly enjoyable.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I live at the eastern end of the state. It's a 600 mile round trip to "The Ralph".

This will be my 24th season.

TIP: Sell your unwanted tickets before opening day.

If the team sucks, it'll be a much harder sell.

I have had tickets for about 22 years now. Last year and this year are the only times I have not been able to sell tickets. I have some that are on the 45 yard line (home). There are times that I can't even give the tickets away because people don't even want to pay the parking fees to see this team play. I would suggest that you wait and see what this team does in the off season before buying tickets. Unless you are like some of these people here and say the tickets are so cheap, why not buy them. They are pretty dam expensive if you can't use them or you can't even give them away if you can't go. I do not plan on renewing my seats if they don't do something to make this team better. I was so embarassed at that cowboys I didn't watch for two weeks. I love the Bills but it seems barracka obama somehow got into the front office and completely destroyed everything this team used to be.

Edited by SlamnSam

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this thread for the NC guys in particular. My wife and I live in Durham, NC and are considering season tickets to get back up to WNY for probably 2-3 games, and then sell the rest. Our aim wouldn't be to make a profit, but it would be nice to defray SOME of our travel costs in the long run.

So when you NC guys go up, do you drive or fly? No direct flights from RDU to BUF or ROC is kind of a pain, especially since we'd be traveling with our little boy. Any other thoughts on your experience as season ticket holders in NC?

TIP: Sell your unwanted tickets before opening day.

If the team sucks, it'll be a much harder sell.

This is the truth.

I still have my season tickets despite living in LA. I only get to make it back for 2 or 3 games at most (usually closer to 1). But it's never posed a problem in terms of selling the tickets.

We live near Hershey PA. About 7 hours away so we make it to 3-4 games a year. We've had seasons for 10 years. We were able to up-grade our seats and now sit at the 35 yard line, visitors side (sunny side). The games we can't make we have been able to sell on ticket exchange. I don't look to make a profit so I don't list them at a high price. Haven't been stuck except one game where I had someone local back out of buying. If you can afford the cost (adding all of your costs), I recommend it. We love the area and are not from Buffalo. Since we live in a tourist area I always am on the lookout for WNYers to talk to. I have found WNYers always, always ready to talk about their hometown...some of the friendliest folks around.

I live in Long Island (8 hours) and split with my Dad, he sells his games, I go up for 2-3. Seems as though we sell most of the games, and rarely lose money. The Philadelphia game this year covered my Dads share for the season.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, and have two season tix. I usually go to two or three games, my dad/mom go to one, my sister goes to one, and I sell the remainder on Ticket Exchange.

Just renewed today, and was even able to upgrade my location!

Just bumping this thread for the NC guys in particular. My wife and I live in Durham, NC and are considering season tickets to get back up to WNY for probably 2-3 games, and then sell the rest. Our aim wouldn't be to make a profit, but it would be nice to defray SOME of our travel costs in the long run.

So when you NC guys go up, do you drive or fly? No direct flights from RDU to BUF or ROC is kind of a pain, especially since we'd be traveling with our little boy. Any other thoughts on your experience as season ticket holders in NC?

Sorry, just saw this post. I fly -- usually go though Charlotte or NYC. JetBlue is a good option. Haven't had a lot of trouble selling tix on Ticket Exchange except for the last couple of games last season.

By the way, send me a private message or something. Would be fun to get together to watch a game or two this year since we're in the same neighborhood.

I live in Pittsburgh where it is about a 3 hour drive to the stadium. The unused tix are pretty easy to sell on StubHub. Just make sure to mark them up a bit to cover the commission. If you do that, you'll have no problem selling the excess tix and covering your costs. BUT, make sure you either will attend the Nov-Dec games, or sell them early. If you wait it out like I did you won't be able to give away the tix if the Bills are out of the playoffs already.

Another option is to not get season tix if you live outside WNY, and spend all the money you would use on "decent" season seats and instead buy 50 yard line seats for the opener or another good game. I did that last year. Kind of regretted it later, but those seats were amazing. With a kid on the way, I'll prob end up doing this next year as well.

Or, the best option, if you can afford it, buy the seasons on the 50 yard line!!! (1) awesome seats; (2) easier to resell.

Edited by RyanC883

My brother who lives in Virginia had season tickets for a number of years. He donated his preseason tickets to charitable organizations and usually found someone for his tickets.

We are planning on getting tickets together this year (I am in New Jersey) and we already know we won't get to all of the games but it's still worth supporting our team! Plus when they make the playoffs we will be there like we were back in the 90's!

We are planning on getting tickets together this year (I am in New Jersey) and we already know we won't get to all of the games but it's still worth supporting our team! Plus when they make the playoffs we will be there like we were back in the 90's!

You know, that's another great point. When we finally do get back (knock wood), right of first refusal for playoff tickets will be super sweet.

I know this information is probably easy to find, but can someone save me the searching and let me know when individual game tickets go on sale?

It's always mid-July. No firm date yet.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i had 4 season tickets last year in SEC 110 ($90) and added 4 more this year in rockpile SEC 202 ($25).

i used the NFL Ticket Exchange last year for first time. very good experience. i sold 2 philly tix for $250 each, 2 Jets tix for $225 each and 2 tenn tix for $100 each. you will not have any problems selling games in Sep & Oct......gets harder later in year.

So with all of these unused tickets from people who are out of state I wouldn't mind helping you all skip the ticket exchange. I'm still on the fence about seasons for this year and have to admit the Stevie re-signing is really pushing me towards it. That being said I'm getting married in August and the funds might not be there so if people want to sell some games I would be more than happy to buy some of these seats (unless I can swing the seasons). It's obviously early and people don't know what games are when but keep me in my mind please.

Congrats on the wedding. We had to save up and pay mostly for our own too, so I feel ya. Will definitely keep you in mind for the seasons.

Thanks I appreciate it and yeah it seems that when vendors find out its for a wedding the price doubles lol. Congrats on your seasons as well great times have been had by me and my friends up at the Ralph!

So with all of these unused tickets from people who are out of state I wouldn't mind helping you all skip the ticket exchange. I'm still on the fence about seasons for this year and have to admit the Stevie re-signing is really pushing me towards it. That being said I'm getting married in August and the funds might not be there so if people want to sell some games I would be more than happy to buy some of these seats (unless I can swing the seasons). It's obviously early and people don't know what games are when but keep me in my mind please.

You can also check out the Trading Post, some of the posters here will put their unused tickets on it for sale.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, and have two season tix. I usually go to two or three games, my dad/mom go to one, my sister goes to one, and I sell the remainder on Ticket Exchange.

Just renewed today, and was even able to upgrade my location!

Sorry, just saw this post. I fly -- usually go though Charlotte or NYC. JetBlue is a good option. Haven't had a lot of trouble selling tix on Ticket Exchange except for the last couple of games last season.

By the way, send me a private message or something. Would be fun to get together to watch a game or two this year since we're in the same neighborhood.

How'd you pull that off already? I was told I have to wait until April or so to upgrade.