This off season free agents

your Top 3 free agents for the bill this off season. realistically brees being the franchise guy and foster being restricted is out of the question. mario williams is also out for now i would be shocked if he went anywhere.

free agents link

mine are

1.)Robert Mathis-would be a team turn around pick up. Colts are also broke..draft luck....trade manning to free up money...

2.)Dwayne Bowe-one of the things that i felt we needed this year the most on offense was that big go get it type of guy. i saw a little of it in nelson but bowe would be a great pick up especially if fitz continues to struggle with the deep ball.

3.)Dan Connor-good value pick that i could see the bills picking up to help out.

your Top 3 free agents for the bill this off season. realistically brees being the franchise guy and foster being restricted is out of the question. mario williams is also out for now i would be shocked if he went anywhere.

free agents link

mine are

1.)Robert Mathis-would be a team turn around pick up. Colts are also broke..draft luck....trade manning to free up money...

2.)Dwayne Bowe-one of the things that i felt we needed this year the most on offense was that big go get it type of guy. i saw a little of it in nelson but bowe would be a great pick up especially if fitz continues to struggle with the deep ball.

3.)Dan Connor-good value pick that i could see the bills picking up to help out.

The Colts aren't broke, and Luck won't cost, relatively, that much for a #1 overall pick. Mathis will likely leave, but that has nothing to do with the team's finances.

There is a salary cap in the NFL. They are broke in the fact that they have no room in the cap. so yes, it is financial.

There's a difference between being "broke" and being over the cap, but I digress.

Anyway, the Colts owe Peyton a $28 million dollar bonus that kicks in before free agency, which they almost certainly will not pay. Manning will either retire or have his contract restructured. They will be able to keep Mathis, but I suspect that they are going to start shredding the older players to rebuild around Luck.

free agents link

mine are

The Chiefs are way under the cap and will resign Bowe.

The Chiefs are way under the cap and will resign Bowe.

They'll most likely re-sign him, but if he were to go into free agency, there's no chance he'd sign with Buffalo. Chicago and Cincy both could use a WR and are winning teams.

who's Dan Conner?

conner played next to POZ at penn st. was drafted not that far behind.

we need Oline depth, possibly a starter.. 2 vets of D and FRIGGIN WR.. ill take any of the mid to big names, vincent or desean, meachem who can be a stud on a team that donest have 5 options to throw to, bowe etc.. any of those guys fits our needs , i dont care about off field problem. i would love desean and fix our draft mistake by taking hardy over him.. the kid is a legit playmaker and we already have size at WR.. the kid is the best downfield threat in league and even tho hes small, hes not like roscoe and is on IR for 3/4 of yr. and resign Freddy and Stevie

As for free agents this is what would like to see

Qb dixon or j johnson . Both young with tons of upside , neither will be retained by their teams and Thigpen has looked horrible in small samplings. If one of the big three qb's fall in the Bills lap that would be great , if not taking on a young project with big upside is not a bad second prize

wr Have my eyes on two players, Meacham from the saints, not sure how the saints will deal with him, but he is underused right now ,and would be a great companion for Stevie. Second I would take a flyer on trique underwood. This guy can fly , he has trouble catching it at times, but he has been kicking around for a few years I like to bring him in to camp for a long look

Linebacker I would spend to get Anthony Spencer , he will not come cheap and they will probably have to over pay to get him ,that said olb is such a big need. Now Spencer is not great at getting after the qb , but he is a great hold the edge run defender, something that spencer johnson is not .

Second guy I would bring in is Haggans played for the steelers and now the cards. He is a back up with Arizona.My thinking is the Bills are so weak at this position that Haggens can play while the draft picks develop then offer nice depth .

Cornerback I want to sign T Thomas from the giants. He is coming off knee surgery but his is the physical press corner the Bills want to use. I am pretty much over mcgee and florence. Another name to watch is Bryan Mcfadden who seems to be falling out of favor in Pittsbugh . ThE Haley connections could come into play

my two cents on the draft

1 kirpatrick or upshaw

2 linsdey or banks

3 fleener te

4 wagner rt

4 mosley lt

5 vlachos c

6 franklin ilb

7 I will tak what ever wide reciever chan wants

of fire away

The Colts have very limited resources at this point. They are a small market team stretched by massive stadium debt and massive contracts. If they've got to pay a #1 on top of Manning, Freeney, and the rest of the big contracts they've got, in addition to paying down a high amount of team debt, their ability to dish out a big contract to one guy when the team has numerous holes, is too, limited.

That being said, I'd go for Colston at WR from New Orleans and/or Campbell on the defensive line if the Cardinals are both insane and too cheap to resign him.

I'd draft outside linebackers.

Why do you people torture yourselves? This team isn't going to sign anybody o consequence.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. What big name free agents did we sign this year? Brad Smith (waste of money) and Nick Barnett (nice pick-up). How about the year before? Cornell Green, Andra Davis and Dwan Edwards. How about the year before that? Drayton Florence? (I'm doing this from memory, can't go back that far.) I've love to see the Bills go after someone like Vincent Jackson and free them from having to draft a wide receiver but it never, ever happens. Ever.

how about josh scobie??? we need a GOOD kicker.too bad coaches cant be free agents,sign wade back

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. What big name free agents did we sign this year? Brad Smith (waste of money) and Nick Barnett (nice pick-up). How about the year before? Cornell Green, Andra Davis and Dwan Edwards. How about the year before that? Drayton Florence? (I'm doing this from memory, can't go back that far.) I've love to see the Bills go after someone like Vincent Jackson and free them from having to draft a wide receiver but it never, ever happens. Ever.

we do go after big names.we bring them in and take them to dinner and insult them with a league minimum salary.then they leave.

Why do you people torture yourselves? This team isn't going to sign anybody o consequence.

No kidding. It remains an exercise in futility, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did less than in previous years with season ticket sales probably declining significantly.

2009 UFA: Drayton Florence, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrell Owens, and Geoff Hangartner. I'd argue they're spending less in UFA each year.

I think we have about 5-6 starters from FA which to me seems pretty significant. Florence, Merriman, Pears, Fitzpatrick, D Edwards, Barnett. Or are facts ruining our argument....? :unsure:

Merriman was picked up off waivers. Pears was a street FA signed late in 2010. These acquisitions are very much different than signing someone off the open market during the first 2 weeks of free agency when the new league year starts.

Merriman was picked up off waivers. Pears was a street FA signed late in 2010. These acquisitions are very much different than signing someone off the open market during the first 2 weeks of free agency when the new league year starts.

Oh, only the first 2 weeks count?

I doubt it. Didn't the owners get a rookie salary cap with the new agreement?

What?

The new CBA has a rookie wage pool, not really a cap, but we're getting into semantics.

This past draft class was the first to be signed under the new rules. Newton's entire contract ($22mil) was half of Stafford's signing bonus from 2009 ($72mil, $42 guaranteed).

So you can expect rookie contracts to be similar to last year's. Maybe a little higher as the cap and pool numbers go up.

Sure there is, but you don't think he's isn't the #1 priority for the Texans? I just don't think he'll make it to the free agent market.

I'd be shocked. He's going to possibly be the richest defender in the NFL - you don't give that to a guy 6 games into his career at OLB, you give it to a probowl 43 end. He and the texans both know it. Maybe they franchise him but he knows what he's worth on the market playing his natural position.

No kidding. It remains an exercise in futility, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did less than in previous years with season ticket sales probably declining significantly.

2009 UFA: Drayton Florence, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrell Owens, and Geoff Hangartner. I'd argue they're spending less in UFA each year.

It doesn't help that while other GM's are chartering private Jets around the country with Champagne and hookers at the stroke of midnight on the first day of free agency to try and land a prized free agent, Buddy admits to being home sleeping. What an arrogant prick. It's that same kind of arrogance that enabled him to draft Torell Troup over, the, I don't know, 100 other players that were, by consensus, thought to be better football players than the second team Conference USA defensive tackle.

What?

The new CBA has a rookie wage pool, not really a cap, but we're getting into semantics.

This past draft class was the first to be signed under the new rules. Newton's entire contract ($22mil) was half of Stafford's signing bonus from 2009 ($72mil, $42 guaranteed).

So you can expect rookie contracts to be similar to last year's. Maybe a little higher as the cap and pool numbers go up.

My bad. I missed the not in your original post.

It doesn't help that while other GM's are chartering private Jets around the country with Champagne and hookers at the stroke of midnight on the first day of free agency to try and land a prized free agent, Buddy admits to being home sleeping. What an arrogant prick. It's that same kind of arrogance that enabled him to draft Torell Troup over, the, I don't know, 100 other players that were, by consensus, thought to be better football players than the second team Conference USA defensive tackle.

and nix buddy and gailey all share 1 horse

free agents link

mine are

That will definitivelly happen as the Bills spend on some serious money on free agents that make them competitive every year.