Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

Could care less about celebration. Falling to the ground during it, is an automatic 15 yrs. You just can't do that to your defense in a close game.

Stevie is good, but not great. He had a chance to win the game for his team and whiffed 3 out of 3 times.

The pass to plexico was horrible too, but the wr made the acrobatic catch. Holmes got wide open in the end zone to and caught the td.

Stevie is a good wr and I hope he stays around, but he is not the wr that wins you football games in the clutch.

Bills need one of those to become a contender.

The thing that is especially ridiculous is that he clearly planned this all out. CLEARLY he thought about it before the game. He knows going to the ground is a penalty. He just didnt care. Hell, if you still think its a good idea to mock holmes, do it without falling. theres got to be soooome way to do that.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Facebook: "a heartbreaking loss against the New York JETS...the BILLS played a good game and I cost us an opportunity to win the game...and I take full responsibility of it. like i said...it was a bad decision....but TRUST ME...i will learn from my mistakes and get better. i appreciate #billsmafia and all of my fans for the compliments AND the criticism! i take all of it to heart and promise to get better on and off the football field!"

Don't know if that's really him, or a handler, but if it is him, which I presume it is due to the lack of caps, he comes off a lot better when he isn't limited to 50 characters.

I believe he will learn. He made Revis look like McKelvin yesterday, IMO.

Thanks, but I already have a therapist, don't need another. You guys are too expensive. :thumbsup:

I'm just throwing crap out there, not trying to CMA on anything. There are plenty of shady characters in the league and just because this is Buffalo, our team, doesn't mean it can't happen here. We do have a senile old owner who was close friends with Al Davis remember. I'm just a crap throwing monkey, too bad someone else already has that user name. If I really wanted to CMA, why wouldn't I just go delete those posts or edit them? Just sayin.

Fair enough.

Just because he's the best we got doesn't mean he's good enough to re sign if in fact he is. I'd take David Nelson over Steve "Stone Hands" Johnson all day long. Josh Reed was our best receiver once also ...

So no comment on Nelson's crucial 3rd down drop that stopped our drive? Could been a game winning TD drive there too....

FYI, Johnson had 8 rec on 13 targets, for 61.5% completions, Nelson was 5 of 8 for 62.5%.

Keep bashing though.

Edited by DrDareustein

If he'd a made that catch or the one after that, all would be forgiven. The penalty was dumb, but the drop was worse. He cost us 2 TDs in a game we lost by 4.

Totally agree. The celebration would be a very small footnote to the game if he makes The Catch!

I'm not reading all 14 pages here, so I have to ask: has anyone noted that on the final two plays of the game where he was targeted -- the two plays when it should be most difficult to get open in the end zone -- Stevie Johnson was wide open and would have scored if the passes had been on target?

I'll give you the first one, but there was nothing wrong with that second throw. I don't know if he misplayed it or if he was trying to keep from getting whacked by Leonhard, but he should have got his hands on that ball.

Just because he's the best we got doesn't mean he's good enough to re sign if in fact he is. I'd take David Nelson over Steve "Stone Hands" Johnson all day long. Josh Reed was our best receiver once also ...

I love Nelson, but come on now. If Nelson is our #1 receiver, we would by far have the worst receivers in the league. He would never get open against Revis.

The funniest part about everything is that "fans" talk about his lack of class by calling him names. That's the definition of class. :doh: His celebration was funny but he went over the top. However, if you are going to draw attention to yourself, you gotta make the big catches and he didn't.

Bottomline is Stevie has worked hard to become a really good receiver. The Bills are a much better team with him than without him. He needs to tone his act down a bit but that is also what makes him a good player. I would franchise him next year and tell him to earn a long term contract. He has embraced Buffalo to the fullest and is a fun-loving family guy. He belongs on this team and so-called fans need to stop running our best players out of town.

In the law, we call it an "intervening cause." Or as Peyton Manning would say, an "idiot kicker." Stevie's penalty was immature and stupid. It had nothing to do with the botched kickoff.

Forseeable or unforseeable (and therefore breaking the chain of causality)?

This and Rule Against Perpetuities made L1 year :wallbash:

/thread jack

Edited by Juror#8