Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

I'll give you the first one, but there was nothing wrong with that second throw. I don't know if he misplayed it or if he was trying to keep from getting whacked by Leonhard, but he should have got his hands on that ball.

Simon: I watched that play three or four times via the replay from behind the LOS. That ball was two yards above his head, and he was in fact leaping upwards for it. It was *completely* uncatchable. And he was open. I am certain of that.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forseeable or unforseeable (and therefore breaking the chain of causality)?

This and Rule Against Perpetuities made L1 year :wallbash:

/thread jack

It absolutely was foreseeable that a dumb celebration penalty would lead to a 15-yard-penalty, which in turn would lead to a decision to squib the ensuing kickoff.

It was probably not foreseeable that Rayner would hit the up man square in the nuts with the ball, but you can still argue that the 15-yard penalty introduced more chance for error on the kickoff.

I'm still going with proximate cause.

And I forgot the Rule Against Perpetuities the day after I took the bar more than 13 years ago.

Simon: I watched that play three or four times via the replay from behind the LOS. That ball was two yards above his head, and he was in fact leaping upwards for it. It was *completely* uncatchable. And he was open. I am certain of that.

I vote uncatchable as well. It was a heater too. Had he taken a little off, maybe it wouldn't have sailed. But then again maybe the defender would have closed the gap sooner.

The first one in the end zone was thrown behind him. But I have seen the great ones make those catches.

I love Nelson, but come on now. If Nelson is our #1 receiver, we would by far have the worst receivers in the league. He would never get open against Revis.

The funniest part about everything is that "fans" talk about his lack of class by calling him names. That's the definition of class. :doh: His celebration was funny but he went over the top. However, if you are going to draw attention to yourself, you gotta make the big catches and he didn't.

Bottomline is Stevie has worked hard to become a really good receiver. The Bills are a much better team with him than without him. He needs to tone his act down a bit but that is also what makes him a good player. I would franchise him next year and tell him to earn a long term contract. He has embraced Buffalo to the fullest and is a fun-loving family guy. He belongs on this team and so-called fans need to stop running our best players out of town.

I think the really ironic part of this is that Stevie would have been the toast of the NFL if he had just done a silly, yet tasteful dance and caught the easy TD ball from Fitzpatrick at the end of the game.

His yearning for instant attention robbed him of his finest moment and arrival on the scene as one of the best NFL receivers in the game. Let's hope this "teaching" moment motivates him to drop the "Ocho Cinco" act for good and truly become one of the greatest pros this team has ever seen.

C'mon man, you're better than this Stevie.

Wow, you just answered your own level of intelligence for me with that reply. I did not compare Johnson to Rice anywhere in that statement. I was just merely stating that Jerry Rice, believe it or not, did drop passes in his HOF career. Kinda like Brady, Montana, Manning etc actually throw INTs too. There is not one invincible player in any sport period. Why is this so hard for some to understand???? :wallbash:

Again, you brought Rice into the discussion, not me.

Rice dropped some but was the best ever. He gets a pass for the occasional miscue. He earned it. Stevie has accomplished little in comparison, has come up small at big moments and has shown himself to be an imbecile.

On top of that he put his team in a hole with sheer stupidity.

Yeah, your understanding of football and logic is a thing to behold.

I think the really ironic part of this is that Stevie would have been the toast of the NFL if he had just done a silly, yet tasteful dance and caught the easy TD ball from Fitzpatrick at the end of the game.

His yearning for instant attention robbed him of his finest moment and arrival on the scene as one of the best NFL receivers in the game. Let's hope this "teaching" moment motivates him to drop the "Ocho Cinco" act for good and truly become one of the greatest pros this team has ever seen.

C'mon man, you're better than this Stevie.

Agree 100% and I do think Stevie is having fun but it got away from him. I would never put him in the TO "look at me" mood. But you can't hurt your team with penalties and if you're gonna dance, you gotta make the clutch catches.

But Stevie is still a very good receiver and was lighting up the best corner in the league. People need to step back and realize this. I punch a wall and swore like crazy but that was it. It's sad that some "fans" want to act the character of a person they have never met by hurling a bunch of insults at him. Hopefully, Stevie grows from this but a lot of fans have some growing up to do too.

How many do you need?

PTR

I seriously don't understand why athletes have twitter in the first place. Why do you want some coward who is living vicariously through you be able to insult throw a computer screen knowing that person would never say it face to face? I really don't get it.

Agree 100% and I do think Stevie is having fun but it got away from him. I would never put him in the TO "look at me" mood. But you can't hurt your team with penalties and if you're gonna dance, you gotta make the clutch catches.

But Stevie is still a very good receiver and was lighting up the best corner in the league. People need to step back and realize this. I punch a wall and swore like crazy but that was it. It's sad that some "fans" want to act the character of a person they have never met by hurling a bunch of insults at him. Hopefully, Stevie grows from this but a lot of fans have some growing up to do too.

I think Stevie and Nelson should both address the team and apologize for their selfish acts the last few weeks. Both were planned, awkward and came during the most crucial point in the season.

Just clear the air, chalk it up to misguided youthful exuberance, promise it will never happen again, and let's have the players and fans enjoy the rest of the season.

These guys need to drop the kid stuff and become real leaders on this team. Let the front page news be about this team making the playoffs for the first time since the MCM which now actually looks ancient on video.

I seriously don't understand why athletes have twitter in the first place. Why do you want some coward who is living vicariously through you be able to insult throw a computer screen knowing that person would never say it face to face? I really don't get it.

It's simple. They love the attention.

So no comment on Nelson's crucial 3rd down drop that stopped our drive? Could been a game winning TD drive there too....

FYI, Johnson had 8 rec on 13 targets, for 61.5% completions, Nelson was 5 of 8 for 62.5%.

Keep bashing though.

I'm glad someone mentioned that. Nelson escapes a lot of criticism IMO and while it wasn't the final drive in the game, still was a bad drop.

I think Stevie and Nelson should both address the team and apologize for their selfish acts the last few weeks. Both were planned, awkward and came during the most crucial point in the season.

Just clear the air, chalk it up to misguided youthful exuberance, promise it will never happen again, and let's have the players and fans enjoy the rest of the season.

These guys need to drop the kid stuff and become real leaders on this team. Let the front page news be about this team making the playoffs for the first time since the MCM which now actually looks ancient on video.

I bet they probably did already in the lockeroom. And Nelson didn't even get a penalty so I don't know why he needs to apologize.

I bet they probably did already in the lockeroom. And Nelson didn't even get a penalty so I don't know why he needs to apologize.

It showed a serious lack of focus and selfishness (I'm sure there are a ton of jokes right here), this after the team had been blown out the previous couple of games. Johnson and Nelson have both been dropping easy passes and should clear the air with their teammates regarding their after TD "look at me" national attention grabbing behavior.

I'll take Stevie 24/7 .... haven't heard any negative about him off the field.....the guy has played hurt all year....we already know all of the negatives that took place yesterday...but moving forward really who wouldn't want stevie on their team?

Agree 100%. That's why weren't fans. GMs and coaches need to take a step back and remove the emotion. The Bills are a much better team with SJ than without him. But then again, the strategy of letting good players walk and drafting a replacement has worked out so well for the Bills the last 12 years. :thumbsup:

Agree 100%. That's why weren't fans. GMs and coaches need to take a step back and remove the emotion. The Bills are a much better team with SJ than without him. But then again, the strategy of letting good players walk and drafting a replacement has worked out so well for the Bills the last 12 years. :thumbsup:

Exactly..... look at the overall performance....

I'm glad someone mentioned that. Nelson escapes a lot of criticism IMO and while it wasn't the final drive in the game, still was a bad drop.

The drops by Nelson in the last couple of games has been disturbing. I hope it ends. Up until the Cowboys game he has been our most sure handed WR. Actually he still is, but I hope the drops end soon.

Edited by reddogblitz

Quote from Stevie on buffalobills.com

In the wake of what proved to be a costly penalty Sunday in a loss to the Jets, Bills WR Stevie Johnson said he won’t be doing anymore touchdown celebrations.

“Probably not,” said Johnson when asked if he’d celebrate anymore.

When asked if Sunday was his last TD celebration Johnson said, “Yeah.”