Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

When you squib, you want to hit the middle of the ball as hard as you can. And, for the love of God, you don't want to aim for anything but empty space between players on the receiving team. You need to have one of the middle men move to field the ball as they usually don't have the greatest hands. Definitely don't want to hit the up man 10 yards away from you like Rayner Shine did.

GO BILLS!!!

My bad I should have said "top half", as in not the bottom of the ball.

/corrected :)

That's the $9M a year question, is it not? Can we live with SJ having days like this? And if not would you be fine with him signing elsewhere and doing well?

PTR

Players always do better when they leave here, what does it matter?

If it hits you in the hands and it's not a catch, then it's a drop. Stop making excuses.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now I know why I don't post here much anymore....too many people with zero football sense. I was at the Bills/Jets game at the Ralph three weeks ago and watched Burress openly taunt the Bills sidelines. What's wrong with giving it back. Did no one see Maybin taunting the Bills sideline today after his sacks? Yeah Johnson has no class cause he is basically the only player on this team with a sack. He got penalized, and took full blame for losing the game afterwards. And Rayner was NOT trying to squib that kickoff. The replay clearly showed him trying to hit it as hard as he could and he missed the ball. When a kicker wants to squib a kick, he doesn't try to drive it into the one player standing in the middle of the field anyways. If the Bills had any coaches with half a brain they would have told Raynor to just kick the ball out of bounds and let the Jets have the ball at their own 40. Until today Sanchez was only completing 50% of his fourth quarter passes. I don't know if he missed one today, the Bills defense made him look like Joe Montana. Anyone remember Jerry Rice? You know that WR that NEVER dropped a pass in his career??? :wallbash: Some people are ridiculous. :blink:

Yeah Stevie owes Plaxico an apology, cause he was there that night and distracted Burress while he was dancing around with loaded guns like a jackass and shot himself. Give me a break. He owes Goodell and no one else an apology.

You just compared Johnson to Rice and are questioning the intelligence of anyone?

Yeah I guess I'm hopelessly old-fashioned but I would really encourage my players not to Tweet at all during the season… or only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Like I said it's probably not realistic but he needs time to sit and think… not get defensive and rationalize.

Look at the difference one day made with Suh after the stomping incident… one day he was defiant and the next day he was contrite.

Stevie needs to shut up and get his head straightened out and social networking is not gonna help him do that.

I like him, he's entertaining. And hes the first player we've had in a long time w/ enuf moxie not to intimidated by other teams and star players. Just have to find a way to tone it down so we get the good and lose the bad

You absolutely can't blame Stevie for this loss. Blame Chan. He puts a QB on the field from Harvard with a WR who speaks... jibberish?

Twitter:

"Im just being myself man I dnt regret being the real me 24/7 and u shouldn't either. I dnt knock yall for gettin at me like this. Ima G haaa"

"Not apologizing to TRUE fans kuz yal felt the loss like we did. However I do apologize to my tmmats n them Flyguyz on D for my penalty!!"

"But you know what baybeee its nothin tho ill take it. #LiveLoveLaugh"

Nothing will ever fix Steve Johnson. If the drop against the Steelers didn't teach him (which it clearly didn't) there is no hope.

F'in moron.

this is going to get major national coverage....

in addition to Bob Costas trashing stevie on NBC's Sunday Night Football....

it's now front page on Yahoo...

So far this season we've seen a Detroit Lions defender celebrate a sack of Tim Tebow(notes) by Tebowing. We've seen Maurice Jones-Drew(notes) imitate LeBron James' chalk toss in front of a stunned crowd in Cleveland. But as far as mocking football celebrations go, none was as vicious as Stevie Johnson(notes) shooting himself in the leg and then acting like a plane crashing into the ground while playing against Plaxico Burress(notes) and the New York Jets.

Johnson celebrated a second-quarter touchdown against the team by briefly dancing the in the end zone and then shooting himself in the leg, a la the incident which led to Burress getting sent to prison for violating New York's stringent gun laws. He then stretched his arms out wide, imitating a jet, and sputtered to the ground. Guns and plane crashes! High comedy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Steve-Johnson-celebrates-TD-against-Jets-by-shoo?urn=nfl-wp12584

I cannot get over this "miscommunication" ****.

A man steps up and says "I am paid to catch the ball and I didn't." This is the same **** we heard from Ronnie Harmon -- "he threw the ball too late."

Even if it was a "miscommunication," you own it.

The first thing Chan should ask for tomorrow morning is his phone. Then he should hurl it against the wall and stomp on it.

You absolutely can't blame Stevie for this loss. Blame Chan. He puts a QB on the field from Harvard with a WR who speaks... jibberish?

Twitter:

F'in moron.

I thought these tweets were a joke so I went and checked it out for myself. Now I am besides myself with anger at this idiot. First he commits two major mistakes in a game when the entire team was fighting after several down weeks. Then he goes on twitter and posts this 'I am innocent and just trying to have fun' nonsense ? You lost your team a game this season and one last season. You should be ashamed at yourself. ANd then saying 'this was QB&WR not on the same page' ? Throwing your QB under the bus when he delivered one of the finest throws of the game in a clutch situation ?

Stevie, I was proud to have your autograph from the 2009 training camp before you became a star. I have it hung on my office wall for all to see. Tomorrow I take it down.

I wouldn't mind if Gailey disciplines him in some way for his immaturity.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Real smart, fellas, trade our best wide receiver.

He made a bonehead celebration, and dropped two key passes in the end. Otherwise, he had a brilliant game against the best corner in the league.

He's a good kid and he'll learn from his errors.

Let's hope so.

I cannot get over this "miscommunication" ****.

A man steps up and says "I am paid to catch the ball and I didn't." This is the same **** we heard from Ronnie Harmon -- "he threw the ball too late."

Even if it was a "miscommunication," you own it.

The first thing Chan should ask for tomorrow morning is his phone. Then he should hurl it against the wall and stomp on it.

Exactly - own it. Don't blame God one year and exactly one year later, blame Fitz. You blew both games.

You guys hatin on Stevie are trippin. He beat the best corner in the NFL all day and made one mistake. Its not his fault the new kicker botched the most routine play a kicker ever does, nor is it his fault the D couldnt stop the jets on a 3-11 with 2 minutes left. Penalties and poor D helped the Jets win, not Stevie Johnson.

Stevie has a lot of growing up to do. It was a selfish "look at me" penalty from a guy on a team that is struggling for respect. Too many men who have never had to grow up and take responsibility for their stupidity playing in the NFL right now...not just Stevie, but you would hope he would act like he has been there before when he gets a TD.

We have enjoyed his antics before, but Stevie has to be smarter about what the game situation is, and if he wants to pop off he better be more clutch than he has been or folks might come up with a celebration or two to mock his key drops.

"I'm all about my Bills like Stevie Johnson! $ on my mind $ on my conscience I'm all about my Bills like Stevie Johnson".

If Bob Costas is the pillar of virtue, where is he on his alumni Syrcause University sex story?

SJ13 didn't rape no little boy.

Calm down Bills fans!

You guys hatin on Stevie are trippin. He beat the best corner in the NFL all day and made one mistake. Its not his fault the new kicker botched the most routine play a kicker ever does, nor is it his fault the D couldnt stop the jets on a 3-11 with 2 minutes left. Penalties and poor D helped the Jets win, not Stevie Johnson.

I know I'm trippin, but did he really beat Revis all day? I don't remember him burning him or anything. It seemed to me they were all quick hit slants and that type of thing.

What he did today was inexcusable. I have never liked Plax, nor condone what he did, but what Johnson did today was about as classless as you can get and is not what Buffalo football is about. Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, etc would never have done such a thing. Let him walk at the end of the year. He doesn't deserve a dime. And to boot, he dropped the big play. I'm done with him and this sorry excuse for a professional football team this year.

Right thru his hands..LOL..Now he can forget about that drop last yr against Pitt and replace it with this one...

I said at the time of the Pitt infamous non-catch that I wondered if the next time the football is coming to him and the games on the line think, "man I hope I don't drop this one too" and drop it. He's a choke artist. We need winners.

STEVIE is going to be a joke soon with drops like that,, AGAIN! MAYBE CALL HIM WHISTLER..JUST HOT AIR AND CANT TAKE THE PRESSURE?

While watching tonight's game the wife and I began to call any dropped pass a Stevie Johnson. Oh look, he pulled a Stevie Johnson.

Edited by reddogblitz

I'm a fan of Stevie, I simply found that page funny. I don't pin the loss on him. He just needs to get his head on football. If he wants to mock plax et al...first start playing like them

Yes, because God's KARMA is surely with the guy who actually SHOT himself in the leg in a NYC nightclub and NOT on the guy playfully mocking him in a TD dance! :wallbash:

This thread is so stupid beyond belief and I won't blame Stevie at all when he leaves for the Pats and who's Brady and Belichick will surely love, love, LOVE the tape they saw of him owning the un-touchable Revis.

Bills fans have officially lost their minds.