Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

Jeebus--you're kidding, right? Chan would fabricate a detailed rationale for a call he made in order to cover a shanked kickoff??

Don't know dude, I've never sat down and had lunch with the guy, so I don't know what he is capable or incapable of. He worked for Jerry Jones, so the ideas he may have gotten from that jackass could be numerous.

A new twist ... The old "they did it to us so I am gong to do it to them", circa Grades 3 thru 7.

What wrong with giving it back? Nothing. Just do it on the field with your play. Johnson's method of "giving it back" cost us a big penalty. Was it worth it? Did it make it all better for you? Too bad Johnson choked when the big play was needed. I bet the Jets had a nice laugh on drive home.

So there are three camps now:

1 - it's fun and good for the game, I need cool celebrations to be entertained

2 - they did it to us so lets do it back,

3 - it is not necessary and could actually fire up the other team, or worse come back to haunt you.

I guess sportmanship is dead today so why bother to explain it?

Have you ever seen some of these players Wonderlic scores? Grades 3-7 isn't that far off for a lot of these players.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying it.

What genius would call a squib kick on your own 20 yard line? Even if it was a good squib, they'd have the ball near mid-field. Might as well have kicked the ball out of bounds, and taken the penalty (ball at 40).

If you watch the replay shown in the broadcast his kicking motion, angle and leg velocity was to line drive the kick but totally missed/botched it.

Video evidence doesn't fit with the onside kick theory.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

If you watch the replay shown in the broadcast his kicking motion, angle and leg velocity was to line drive the kick but totally missed/botched it.

Video evidence doesn't fit with the onside kick theory.

It didn't really look like he was trying to squib it either to me. Looks like his plant foot slipped as he approached the ball and he just mis-hit it bad.

Not buying it.

What genius would call a squib kick on your own 20 yard line? Even if it was a good squib, they'd have the ball near mid-field. Might as well have kicked the ball out of bounds, and taken the penalty (ball at 40).

As I explained earlier the ball wouldn't be placed at the 40 if kicked out of bounds. It would have come to midfield. The ball is marked 30 yards from the spot of the kickoff OR at the place where the ball goes out of bounds.

GO BILLS!!!

It didn't really look like he was trying to squib it either to me. Looks like his plant foot slipped as he approached the ball and he just mis-hit it bad.

It was squib all the way. His aim was terrible though. To borrow a baseball phrase, Rayner Shine needed to "kick it where they ain't" and he hit the up man dead on.

GO BILLS!!!

Johnson is a total dumb ass piece of sh$#. I don't care how successful he was today vs. Revis, the drop at the end of the game was bad enough, but the assh&^% antics after his TD in the second quarter cost us the game as it led to a botched kickoff and after the Dareus penaly, set up the Jets to tie it up after we had all of the momentum. I hate what Johnson did today as he if no different than the other sh&^heads around the league who do the same thing. Oh, one other thing. This is not the first time Johnson has dropped a pass to win the game. He is a decent receiver, but also a total jackass. If I were Gailey, I would have him walk back to Buffalo.There is no place in team sports for the selfishness that Johnson showed today. I say trade him and turn the page. Johnson SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate what he did today. NO character whatsoever.

No character??????? And exactly how well do you know Stevie Johnson? Your post states nothing but ignorance.

Yup he ripped him badly on national television even pointing out when coaches are going to make an example of sitting guys like him for his actions.

The whole crew ripped him before the game. Coach Dungy and all of them.

Take this incident and last years antics and he is hurting his rep.

I think Johnson is too nice of a guy to let this happen any further. Chan should discipline him to make this go away for good.

What did he say? I missed it.

Basically that Johnson is the latest selfish douchebag who doesn't give a crap that he hurts his team with his nonsense. And then when he has a chance to make a big play to win the game, he's a choke artist.

Hooray for our 'star' receiver. I always wanted the Bills to have Chad Johnson but with half the talent.

I wonder if part of the confusion in this thread might stem from the fact that some posters don't seem to be differentiating between a squib kick and an onside kick.

They're not the same thing.

Also, I don't understand why you wouldn't take Gailey at his word that the strategy called for a squib kick. Is there some plausible, compelling reason for him to lie?

I sure don't see any.