Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie had a good game against Revis but I wouldn't consider it owning by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe owning in terms Revis standards because how great he is but not by NFL standards - 8 catches for 75 yards and 1 touchdown against the #1 receiver I would take every week from our secondary. From the Jets perspective I say mission accomplished.

Is our standards this low for our offense now?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Lets hope Stevie learns from this mistake and focuses all his energy on football. Sure his actions are stupid and over the top but he's still a young man and young men are often prone to making stupid mistakes.

That said, I'm not sure I'm ready to break the bank to make the guy our #1 WR.

dude owns Revis, let's keep him. Then all we need is another quality WR and we're set.

Owns him? Pretty sure Revis will take 5-10 yard slants all day long vs. anything downfield. Sorry but I am not impressed with 13 targets, 8 catches, only 75 yards, one TD, a couple of drops and a look at me 15 yard penatly.

sorry its pretty clear he matches up well against the best cover corner in football. now if we only had a corner that can shut down Welker we'd be cookin.

Stevie owns Revis. Rest of league will take note how to beat him. Revis Island is sinking

He had 75 yards. Less than 10 per catch. This might be more of a lease than ownership situation.

Take out the 15 yard flag and he netted 60 yards today.

Edited by NoSaint

Owns him? Pretty sure Revis will take 5-10 yard slants all day long vs. anything downfield. Sorry but I am not impressed with 13 targets, 8 catches, only 75 yards, one TD, a couple of drops and a look at me 15 yard penatly.

I won't go as far as to say anyone owns Revis, but Stevie gives him problems that other receivers don't. It's a matchup thing: Revis' best attribute is press coverage, Stevie's is beating the press. Revis likes to extend his arms and get his hands on you at the LOS. You'll notice he didn't do that with Stevie because Stevie is too quick off the line AND makes multiple moves before getting into pattern. It's too bad Stevie doesn't have straight line speed because he would be a nightmare for Revis otherwise.

GO BILLS!!!

I won't go as far as to say anyone owns Revis, but Stevie gives him problems that other receivers don't. It's a matchup thing: Revis' best attribute is press coverage, Stevie's is beating the press. Revis likes to extend his arms and get his hands on you at the LOS. You'll notice he didn't do that with Stevie because Stevie is too quick off the line AND makes multiple moves before getting into pattern. It's too bad Stevie doesn't have straight line speed because he would be a nightmare for Revis otherwise.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with all this. Hence the short patterns. I'll take it but I'm not going nuts.

Is this PTR's other screenname? All Bills fans suck, right?

Obviously you're not seeing his point. Not all Bills fans......Just the casual fans that feel they're entitled to post redundant, senseless comments. Great idea....We have a receiver that studies the game, runs precise and sharp routes......Abused "Revis Island" all day long. And his game has gotten better each year. Resigning Stevie Johnson is huge. Any other thought would result in another search for a key player. Don't we have enough holes?

He had 75 yards. Less than 10 per catch. This might be more of a lease than ownership situation.

Take out the 15 yard flag and he netted 60 yards today.

make the catch he should have, or if Fitz doesnt miss him wide open he could be over 100 yards w/ 2 TDs. guy was getting open ALL DAY. no doubt about it

make the catch he should have, or if Fitz doesnt miss him wide open he could be over 100 yards w/ 2 TDs. guy was getting open ALL DAY. no doubt about it

Unfortunatly, you can't take out that horrible drop. His numbers are his numbers.

SELFISH.... IMMATURE....LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.

CLASSLESS !!

on the positive side, there is no denying his talent...i haven't seen any receiver have that much success against Revis. i think this game clearly establishes Stevie as a legit #1 WR.....not franchise tag #1....but i'd go as high as Top 20.

Stevie owns Revis. Rest of league will take note how to beat him. Revis Island is sinking

He hardly owns him.

Most of his catches were short one. The TD slant pattern was a nice adjustment when Revis pulled of the line of scrimmage. Revis was problably looking for another play or inside help.

It they meet 10 times a year Revis would dominate on 7 of them. I really believe that.

If I had the choice between the two I would pick Revis for my team. Revis is the best corner in the league. Period, end of story. Johnson might be a top 20 WR someday.

Stevie Johnson has a lot of growing up to do. He acts like a real punk ass sometimes. Stevie is not as good as he thinks he is, that's for sure.

Stevie you're not an elite WR in the NFL. You have a long ways to go me boy.

You still don't get it, do you boy? Read the entire thread, I am too tired to be arguing with morons. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

come on, baby, don't get upset or frustrated or tired. we're all on the same team here. try to add a few more emoticons next time so i can understand where you're coming from.

point is, stevie didn't muff that kick. sorry.

Yes, because God's KARMA is surely with the guy who actually SHOT himself in the leg in a NYC nightclub and NOT on the guy playfully mocking him in a TD dance! :wallbash:

This thread is so stupid beyond belief and I won't blame Stevie at all when he leaves for the Pats and who's Brady and Belichick will surely love, love, LOVE the tape they saw of him owning the un-touchable Revis.

Bills fans have officially lost their minds.

Just so you and all the Stevie apologists know, I want to keep Johnson. We have far too many holes on this team to have to replace one of our better players just because he is a flake. I really do think Johnson is one of the better players on this team. I want the Bills sign him to a fair and reasonable contract and I want to see this team add more capable WRs through BOTH the draft and free agency.

That said, Johnson needs to grow up. Are you watching any of the football shows today? He is a laughing stock right now. Most of the ex-players and coaches are ripping him for stupid and selfish behavior. He is becoming known as a flake which is sad because he is a pretty good kid at heart.

During the football season Johnson needs to concentrate on his craft, that is football, and not talking, rapping, tweeting, and celebrating. It is nonsense and his shameless self promotion is not conducive to being a key member of a TEAM.

I will not blame him solely for the loss, it is a team loss. Yes, the kicker could have kicked the ball better and yes the defense could have played better. I do think he is a large contributor to todys loss. We all expect more form him as do his teammates. He is a veteran now and should be setting an example. The drop was all on him and if he has his head in the game he makes that catch.

Just how long do you think his act would last with Belichek anyway?

Edited by Bob in STL

It was a squib, according to Chan.

He clearly explained that, because of the Stevie penalty, he called for the squib. So you and the others who "know football" better than everyone else can take it up with the Bills HC.

Linky?

If you say so Chan but .... why on earth call for a squib there? It gave the NYJ the short field, and a TD that in the end, could have made the difference in the game.

Very strange playcalling