Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

Puulease. Nobody has EVER owned Derrell Revis until today. Johnson being open in the endzone on one of the last plays and his owning Revis all day more than made up for that bad drop and his celebration penalty.

My take is that the Bills had a major chip on their shoulder because of the Jets' "in your face" showboating in the last game a few weeks ago. Johnson clearly had this "in your face "comeback planned for the Jets. I'm not really that upset about him doing that. I kind of like the "eye for an eye" attitude. The kicker needs to kick the fricken ball. I've never seen a kicker miss the ball before on a kickoff.

This thread is ridiculous. Stevie Johnson played a great game today. I can forgive him his couple of "my bads" today.

Steve dropped the ball at MONEY TIME.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puulease. Nobody has EVER owned Derrell Revis until today. Johnson being open in the endzone on one of the last plays and his owning Revis all day more than made up for that bad drop and his celebration penalty.

My take is that the Bills had a major chip on their shoulder because of the Jets' "in your face" showboating in the last game a few weeks ago. Johnson clearly had this "in your face "comeback planned for the Jets. I'm not really that upset about him doing that. I kind of like the "eye for an eye" attitude. The kicker needs to kick the fricken ball. I've never seen a kicker miss the ball before on a kickoff.

This thread is ridiculous. Stevie Johnson played a great game today. I can forgive him his couple of "my bads" today.

I completely agree with you.

He was open in the end zone on the 2nd last play of the game. A good throw by Fitzy and they're both wearing HERO HATS. A bad throw to a contorting Stevie is missed and it's "Let's RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN" time.

I honestly believe management is as stupid as some of you so I fear you're all going to get your wish.

Stevie Johnson played a great game today. I can forgive him his couple of "my bads" today.

Overall he did have a great game today. He made Revis look average and that is not a easy thing to do. The celebration penalty was a bush league move but I can forgive that because it is his personality.

However there is no way ... NO WAY ... a #1 WR (if you think that is what Johnson is) blows the big plays he did today. Yes the pass in the end zone was behind him and Fitz blew that pass as well, but a #1 WR makes that catch every time in that situation.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I don't want to cut Stevie, that's ridiculous.

I want Thurman to teach him some class and for him to learn a little humility.

Act like you have been in the end zone before, don't hurt your team with stupid penalties in a season deciding game.

RTB

This. After the Pittsburgh drop last year, you'd hope that some maturity and professionalism would have set in.

His post-game comments should be telling.

(I'd also like to hear Gailey defend why he ran Choise on first down of the offensive series that went 3-and-out prior to the Jests game winning drive).

Edited by Lurker

Doesn't matter - he coulnd't finish against Revis. Had he caught that ball and scored he would have "owned" him. Just another loss for the Bills.

Steve dropped the ball at MONEY TIME.

These guys aren't robots. You've got to look at what he did the whole against the best CB since Deion Sanders. He owned him. Revis, one of the best cover corners in the history of the NFL, couldn't cover Johnson.

And you guys want to cry about one dropped pass???? Wow, just wow.

He was open on that second to last play in the endzone, he was open all day long against one of the best CB ever, that's money.

Overall he did have a great game today. He made Revis look average and that is not a easy thing to do. The celebration penalty was a bush league move but I can forgive that because it is his personality.

However there is no way ... NO WAY ... a #1 WR (if you think that is what Johnson is) blows the big plays he did today. Yes the pass in the end zone was behind him and Fitz blew that pass as well, but a #1 WR makes that catch every time in that situation.

You have no idea what you are talking about. TO dropped those balls all the time, but he probably wasn't a number 1 was he? You people are all the same. PATHETIC

Lsst year I took some heat from the young guys here because I complained about Johnson's constant talking, tweeting, and celebrating.

One year later and he has not learned a thing.

Here is a link to the celebration. While it may be funny, the refs made the right call. It was excessive.

Johnson's Folly

To see Buress go on to make the big play and then Stevie drop a big pass only adds to the frustration.

When are these guys going to learn to be humble? Never I guess.

Edited by Bob in STL

I think the Pittsburgh drop was much worse than this one. This was a well thrown ball that came at him pretty fast. He is starting to get a rep though. He no longer has any cache left in this area.

I for one think that he proved that he's a #1 receiver after today. I have faith that he'll become one of the core nucleus of Bills players who bring us back to the promise land in the next couple of years.

A side note, since the Bills paid Fitzpatrick his money and gave him an extension, there's no way Stevie Johnson's going anywhere. Those two are joined at the hip and will be in Buffalo for the long haul. They're like peanut butter and jelly.

Edited by 1billsfan

A lot of people are commenting that Stevie Johnson didn't screw up the kick which resulted in good field position and changed the momentum of the game. That's true! However, Stevie Johnson's actions directly influenced the kickoff strategy on special teams.

With the new kick off rule in the NFL, kickoffs are now at the 35 yard line. Every kicker can now kick it in the endzone 80% of the time, some even more. So typically teams start at the 20 yard line give or take 5-15 yards.

Now with the 15 yard penalty the kickoff is now at the 20 yard line. Now the ball is getting returned 100% of the time.

The Jets have the best return game on special teams in the NFL. Now the correct strategy, which the bills did was to attempt a squib kick which they tried. A squib kick is more of a line drive kick that will bounce on the ground before the main return man, prevents setting up a main block and sometimes picked up by a bigger body not normally used to returning kicks.

An attempt of a squib kick would never happen under normal kickoffs circumstances because when you get to kick the ball off at the 35 (instead of 20) you are guaranteed a kick in the opposing endzone.

Yes, its the kickers fault too, but the play would have never happened if it wasn't for Stevie non football selfish actions.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I love how every time a Bills fan dares to criticize a player he's accused of trying to run him out of town.

Jesus christ folks. The selfish excessive celebration cost us 7 points, yes it did, and his drop at clutch time may have cost us 7 more. If he was worth two touchdowns to us with his play today, he was also worth two to the Jets. I call that a wash, and that's not what I expect from him. Although maybe I should. That's two huge drops with the game on the line in two years. And we're talking wide-open, hit-him-in-the-freaking-hands drops. Meanwhile Plaxico saves Sanchez on a terrible throw with a circus catch with the game on the line. Plax is a thug and a loudmouth....but unlike Stevie, he backs up his big talk.

If Stevie's wittle feewings are hurt then too !@#$ing bad. Shut up and catch the ball next time.

Edited by BRH

Back of the endzone. It was thrown behind him but he had two hands on it, and it went right through his hands. He even had a chance on the last play of the game.

He did not have two hands on it. It looked like he did in realtime, but the replay showed that the ball was out of his reach. I don't think he even was able to touch it, and if he did touch it, it was only with the tips of his fingers. He had almost no chance on that throw.