Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

Why is there no thread for rayner kicking like a schoolgirl?.....I love Stevie for what he did, it was hilarious...it's not like a win would have changed our destiny for this year anyway...btw, you don't show and execute a corner blitz on 3rd and 11 leaving Byrd to cover the best jump reciever they have...retarded call

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if part of the confusion in this thread might stem from the fact that some posters don't seem to be differentiating between a squib kick and an onside kick.

They're not the same thing.

Also, I don't understand why you wouldn't take Gailey at his word that the strategy called for a squib kick. Is there some plausible, compelling reason for him to lie?

I sure don't see any.

Yes, it's all about the money. That's what I keep hearing about Penn State and SU, so it must apply here, too.

Why is there no thread for rayner kicking like a schoolgirl?.....I love Stevie for what he did, it was hilarious...it's not like a win would have changed our destiny for this year anyway...btw, you don't show and execute a corner blitz on 3rd and 11 leaving Byrd to cover the best jump reciever they have...retarded call

A replacement kicker that won't be on this team past this year isn't worth getting worked up about.

None of those guys celebrate like idiots while making bad plays (Sj's drops). None of those guys are demanding elite money in the middle of the season.

Edited by Dorkington

I wonder if part of the confusion in this thread might stem from the fact that some posters don't seem to be differentiating between a squib kick and an onside kick.

Also, I don't understand why you wouldn't take Gailey at his word that the strategy called for a squib kick. Is there some plausible, compelling reason for him to lie?

I sure don't see any.

I didn't say he did fabricate the story, just that he could have as plenty of coaches aren't completely honest. Do I think he made it up? honestly no, but hey....ya never know.

All this hate on Stevie needs to stop. What he did was classless. He apologized.

That being said he obviously deserves to be ripped into a little bit by the media. A situation like this would never go untouched by the hungry reporters that feed on stories like this.

But honestly, Stevie is the type of franchise player you want. Works hard, says only great things about Buffalo, plays through injuries. Oh, and he's also the best and most consistent WR we've had since Moulds in his prime.

Hopefully this blows over soon. Maybe we'll even benefit if for some reason the cost to resign him would go down(probably not). I personally would like to focus on his dropped ball late in the game rather than the celebration. Karma?

Stevie says he didn't drop the gamewinner - it was a miscommunication! Did Fitz tell him not to catch the ball?:

StevieJohnson13

Im just being myself man I dnt regret being the real me 24/7 and u shouldn't either. I dnt knock yall for gettin at me like this. Ima G haaa

10 minutes ago

StevieJohnson13

But you know what baybeee its nothin tho ill take it. #LiveLoveLaugh

21 minutes ago

StevieJohnson13

Haha wow I can't believe you guys really telling me I "dropped" the GWinner. Smh. Pitt was a drop. This was QB&WR not on the same page.

24 minutes ago

When he needs to make the payday catches he doesn't. Pitt last year and just now against NY. Not that Buffalo was a lock for the playoffs but that knocked them out. Johnson needs to do less dancing and catch the damn ball. He drops the ball and turns around as if the blame someone? But there aren't mirrors on the field.

Bingo.

Johnson is an ass.

Kind of curious-- for all you folks lambasting SJ's celebration, what did you think of the celebrations where players were mimicking "Tebowing"?

Same? Different?

Same if not worse in my eyes....good point. Openly mocking a guys religion right next to him (I remember one guy doing that after he sacked Tebow), is worse then making fun of an idiot for shooting himself in the leg. To me these types of celebrations happen a lot but generally nobody bats an eye.

I sure don't see any.

Good point. I have stayed out of the whole kick debate.

A squib kick is supposed to be hard and low and definitely past the front line. The idea is to not let the deep man get the ball. A good squib from our twenty would have put the ball on the Jets 30 to 40, depending on lots of things. Kicking it straight away would have set up a return upon receipt of the ball at the 15 to 20 yard line.

Seems like they were avoiding a return.

I would have kicked it away and relied on the coverage team.

Rayner put too much mustard on the ball and missed his spot, most likely trying to compensate for the deep ball placement ... the kid came back and nailed a 53 yarder to almost win the game though.

Edited by Bob in STL

Did anyone happen to see DeSean Jackson today? This is the guy who wants to be the highest paid WR in the league and he dropped quite a few passes just today alone, including a bomb that hit him right in the hands in the end zone. This tool even held out. The league is full of numb nuts.

Squib: kick the top of the ball as hard as you can.

On sides: kick the top of the ball less hard.

Normal kick: kick the bottom of the ball as hard as you can.

When you squib, you want to hit the middle of the ball as hard as you can. And, for the love of God, you don't want to aim for anything but empty space between players on the receiving team. You need to have one of the middle men move to field the ball as they usually don't have the greatest hands. Definitely don't want to hit the up man 10 yards away from you like Rayner Shine did.

GO BILLS!!!

and we all know coaches NEVER lie to cover a players mistake right? Just ask Bilichick, he'll tell you the truth. But wait, Chan's a good ole boy, so he would never lie like that. You know the Patriots never videotaped other teams either, right?

You are trying too hard to CYA on the assertions you made earlier. You'd be better off to stop digging the hole you are in deeper.

That's the $9M a year question, is it not? Can we live with SJ having days like this? And if not would you be fine with him signing elsewhere and doing well?

PTR

As much as were bashing him we still need to resign him because we have no depth at this position. But at 9 million? There is no team in the NFL that will give him 9 mill per year garaunteed 6 max 7 maybe.

Rayner has been an awesome waiver wire acquisition. He could stick in the NFL next year.

His kickoffs are deep and high.

He has made a 56 and a 53 yd FG.

He is doing great.

He flubbed a squib kick that he should not have had to been attempting in the first place.