The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/zuccotti_hell_kitchen_i5biNyYYhpa8MSYIL9xSDL

How Ironic

Retatta, the official dish of occupy wall street protesters.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SPLITTER! :lol:

Every see the Life of Brian? Your post reminded me of it.

That is about as bizarre a story as I've seen yet on this stuff. And what is most bizarre is not that the protesters are being served spaghetti bolognese which, done correctly, takes hours to make (the sauce, I mean). What is truly bizarre is that the kitchen workers met with "the General Assembly" to air their grievances.

You have to ask yourself, who comprises the General Assembly? What is their role? Does this role include working with those who provide free services, food and financial donations to the OWS movement? If so, what kind of books are they keeping? And how is this money being distributed and to whom? Is the General Assembly being paid a fee, and if so, how much? And do those who provide free services in exchange for free advertising provide special "favors" to the General Assembly so their services are provided over a competitive provider?

How long before Occupy Wall Street suddenly becomes Occupy the Occupy Wall Street General Assembly? Will they start protesting each other even more? Will they create their own police force, and teargas themselves for not obeying the laws of the General Assembly?

Truly bizarre.

No I don't. Assembly my ass. They mean committee. A week ago I heard one of these clowns talking about the committee, now it's "assembly". Whatever. That's wordsmithing and yet another clue who and what is really behind this: the professional left. They don't want their useful idiots using committee, because that clearly sounds Communist. But that's the thing: these are Communists.

This IS Communism, in all its assclownery: the ineffectual, unaccountable committees, the unclear purpose and lack of leadership from these committees, and of course, the 10s(not millions) of useful idiots, literally, that willingly do whatever they are told by "the assembly". :lol: The problem with various leftist -isms is simple: it depends upon people who have no leadership ability being leaders.

You are looking for leadership from this assembly, LABillz. All you will find is the weak, scarf-wearing :lol:, non-leaders wishing they had your guts and ability to make it on their own as you have. You will not find leaders. You will only find the weak, hiding behind their useful idiots.

Ask yourself: would you follow George Soros? No? That's the trouble for leftist "leaders": nobody else would either. This isn't "Revenge of the Nerds" either. I know plenty of nerds. I was a nerd, to a degree, and I am certain most of this board were nerds to a degree as well. We know: even nerds have leaders and leadership ability. No. This is Revenge of the Turds.

The only thing missing here, and it's a good thing too, is that these people don't have any real power. They cannot make people disappear in the middle of the night, or summarily execute 1000s of people a day. Now, all they can do is make somebody not eat, or make them go to the other side of the park. :lol: The only people they can "purge"...are the homeless.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Keeps getting better and better.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/31/news/economy/occupy_wall_street_trademark/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

Better protect that revenue stream and ward off the competition. So the longer this protest goes on the more profitable it becomes for the select few with merchandising rights. Looks like a little less than 1% of the protesters stand to cash in.

If its still going on in December when I'm there, I'll be sure to unload some Che T-shirts at exorbitant prices.

Edited by Jauronimo

Keeps getting better and better.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/31/news/economy/occupy_wall_street_trademark/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

Better protect that revenue stream and ward off the competition. So the longer this protest goes on the more profitable it becomes for the select few with merchandising rights. Looks like a little less than 1% of the protesters stand to cash in.

If its still going on in December when I'm there, I'll be sure to unload some Che T-shirts at exorbitant prices.

This is the best irony ever.

At least, until I start marketing OWS knock-off t-shirts, and they have to hire a high-priced corporate law firm with trademark experience to sue me. Then THAT will be the best irony ever.

http://content.clear..._1319803260.pdf

'Occupy Phoenix' Flier: When Should You Shoot A Cop

Arizona counter-terrorism officials have released a statement about a controversial flier circulating at the Occupy Phoenix protest titled 'When You Should Shoot A Cop.'

"Copies of an “informational” letter were left on a table for protestors pick up [sic] and read during the “Occupy Phoenix” event at Cesar Chavez Park. The presence of the letter was reported to the ACTIC by a Maricopa County Sheriff’s Depute who had responded to an unrelated call and was alerted to it by another deputy working the event."

"The letter is blatantly anti-government and anti-law enforcement in nature. It not only condones but even encourages citizens to kill any “government agent” (i.e. law enforcement officers), who in their perception violates their rights. Examples are given in the document, of “illegal” search and seizure, sobriety and border checkpoints, airport security, etc… In essence this document states that citizens have the right and moral obligation to resist any action by law enforcement that is viewed as a violation of the citizen’s rights, and often-times resistance involves killing officers."

"“Occupy” events have drawn protestors for various causes including “Chalk the Police” and “Police Brutality Day”. With emotions running high in regards to law enforcement and government personnel, there is obvious concern this document could incite actions with protestors to take actions they might not have taken otherwise."

Edited by erynthered