The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/zuccotti_hell_kitchen_i5biNyYYhpa8MSYIL9xSDL

How Ironic

The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/zuccotti_hell_kitchen_i5biNyYYhpa8MSYIL9xSDL

How Ironic

So the homeless don't get to be a part of the 99%?

!@#$ you rich people! !@#$ you homeless people! Anyone else?

Michael Moore is a multi-millionaire who lives in a penthouse in Manhattan. Although he denies being among the "1%" in that interview, he brags about it in his autobiography "Stupid White Men".

What I find very funny is that Moore lives full time in Manhattan, where he sends his kids to private school, but claimed his multi-million dollar summer lake house in Michigan as his primary residence for tax purposes.

He's worked very hard at cultivating his image as the working man's champion. Things like keeping two hotel rooms in the same city. One 5 star hotel to stay in of course, and a room down at the Budget Inn for interview purposes and media ops. Dresses like a slob and cuts his own hair (I'm guessing).

His former manager describes him as money obsessed.

He's suing the producers of Fahrenheit 911 because he doesn't thinks he is owed more than the $19.8 million he received. But I thought he was of the "how much money is enough?" opinion?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/02/michael-moore-harvey-weinstein-fahrenheit-911.html

Summer home, where he spends time with the common man, like Dave Berry, Kid Rock and Dave Matthews.

http://torchlake4sale.info/

And more fun reading here.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

How Ironic

That is about as bizarre a story as I've seen yet on this stuff. And what is most bizarre is not that the protesters are being served spaghetti bolognese which, done correctly, takes hours to make (the sauce, I mean). What is truly bizarre is that the kitchen workers met with "the General Assembly" to air their grievances.

You have to ask yourself, who comprises the General Assembly? What is their role? Does this role include working with those who provide free services, food and financial donations to the OWS movement? If so, what kind of books are they keeping? And how is this money being distributed and to whom? Is the General Assembly being paid a fee, and if so, how much? And do those who provide free services in exchange for free advertising provide special "favors" to the General Assembly so their services are provided over a competitive provider?

How long before Occupy Wall Street suddenly becomes Occupy the Occupy Wall Street General Assembly? Will they start protesting each other even more? Will they create their own police force, and teargas themselves for not obeying the laws of the General Assembly?

Truly bizarre.

That is about as bizarre a story as I've seen yet on this stuff. And what is most bizarre is not that the protesters are being served spaghetti bolognese which, done correctly, takes hours to make (the sauce, I mean). What is truly bizarre is that the kitchen workers met with "the General Assembly" to air their grievances.

You have to ask yourself, who comprises the General Assembly? What is their role? Does this role include working with those who provide free services, food and financial donations to the OWS movement? If so, what kind of books are they keeping? And how is this money being distributed and to whom? Is the General Assembly being paid a fee, and if so, how much? And do those who provide free services in exchange for free advertising provide special "favors" to the General Assembly so their services are provided over a competitive provider?

How long before Occupy Wall Street suddenly becomes Occupy the Occupy Wall Street General Assembly? Will they start protesting each other even more? Will they create their own police force, and teargas themselves for not obeying the laws of the General Assembly?

Truly bizarre.

So OWS is now denying food to the tired and poor? They are no longer fighting for the huddled masses yearning to breath, but turning them away? So who are they crusading for? The poor but NOT THAT poor? Seems like a slippery slope.

So OWS is now denying food to the tired and poor? They are no longer fighting for the huddled masses yearning to breath, but turning them away? So who are they crusading for? The poor but NOT THAT poor? Seems like a slippery slope.

It would probably help if OWS knew what they were crusading for. They will check with the General Assembly and get back to you on that.

It would probably help if OWS knew what they were crusading for. They will check with the General Assembly and get back to you on that.

What sweet, sweet irony this is. OWS is tired of free-riders, completely sick of people being rewarded for contributing nothing, yet demands a $20 an hour wage regardless of employment status, open borders so the number of welfare recipients can increase exponentially, and handouts to cover rent, food, loans and more.

Hopefully one or two of these occupiers will see the total contradiction and leave this little experiment a little wiser. I don't expect it, but it would be nice.

Elitists against elitism. :lol: Unreal.

While much of what is going on seems like nonsense to me, it would be scary to me, if they couldn't protest.

What's really scary is they think that the right to protest and assemble includes camping overnight in a public park and shitting and pissing wherever.

So the homeless don't get to be a part of the 99%?

!@#$ you rich people! !@#$ you homeless people! Anyone else?

!@#$ you dolphin!!! !@#$ you whale!!!!!

The Portland, OR OWS had a Paypal acount of $20K. It's mising now and so is the person in charge of it! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Edited by Wacka