Jacksonville to release Garrard

Albany,n.y.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT'S what I call "cost cutting." I can't see this having anything but a huge negative impact on their locker room. I know they'll start McCown but this still puts the pressure squarely on Gabbert to perform better, faster.

I'm pissed if I'm a Jags fan.

GO BILLS!!!

Now THAT'S what I call "cost cutting." I can't see this having anything but a huge negative impact on their locker room. I know they'll start McCown but this still puts the pressure squarely on Gabbert to perform better, faster.

I'm pissed if I'm a Jags fan.

GO BILLS!!!

Well the price of tarps and black plastic sheeting have sky rocketed.

Wayne Weaver is cheap. I'd sign him as a backup and dump Thigpen.

PTR

Backup?

I'd sign him to compete with Fitzpatrick.

Is all of Buffalo sold on Ryan Fitzpatrick as the "future" QB?

That's nuts to me.

Fitzy's gritty, a gamer and well-liked, but a franchise QB he'll never be.

Backup?

That's nuts to me.

and you think Garrard will be a franchise QB? I guess he has only had eight seasons, the 9th year is when a QB really 'gets' it.

Nope, rather have fitz.... He's our starter for now and will be our starter next year aswell with Moore from Boise on the bench #gobills

Kellen Moore? Marginal NFL talent with underwhelming arm strength.

I'll take my chance at a franchise QB like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.

Edited by SteamRoller67

Kellen Moore? Marginal NFL talent with underwhelming arm strength.

I'll take my chance at a franchise QB like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.

sweet the who to draft at QB wars are starting. Cue someone to come with a small school QB who they have been watching his whole career and could be really good post....

Backup?

That's nuts to me.

I fully agree Fitzpatrick isn't a franchise QB. But then again, neither is Garrard. Hopefully the Bills will have a nice, early pick in the first round of the 2012 draft which they'll use to solve their quarterback problems once and for all! :angry:

Backup?

That's nuts to me.

Yes, let's change QB's before the fist game of the season. That'll make an impact! <_<

PTR

This is amazing. Garrard is, categorically, a good player, and probably better than Fitz. Last year, he had a 64.5 percent completion rate, 7.5 ypa, 23 TDs/15 INTs, and a 90.8 rating. He also had 5 rushing TDs.

He has a lifetime record of 39-37 and a lifetime QB rating of 85.8. That's better than Jim Kelly (84.4). The one knock on him is the sack rate - 8.3 percent last year, which was up from previous years. In any event, he's better than most, and this is a QB-starved league.

Anyway, I'm blown away by the Jags' decision to cut a good player despite being a borderline playoff team. But they did save $8 million. The Bills aren't the only cheap team, it seems.

This sucks because Garard will definitely be an upgrade for the fish.

The fish are silly if they don't pick him up asap.

Obviously they're not going to claim his 8 mil contract but I'm sure he will sign 1 year 2-4 Mil, then be happy to be a FA.

Edited by Why So Serious?

This suck because Garard will definitely be an upgrade for the fish.

The fish are silly if they don't pick him up asap.

Obviously they're not going to claim his 8 mil contract but I'm sure he will sign 1 year 2-4 Mil, then be happy to be a FA.

Agreed. He's a big upgrade over Henne. Still, he will have to learn the offense. The Jags really screwed him over w/regard to this season.

they can always go an resign Trent! They clearly have to get Gabbert going this year to get him some playing time. Jack Del Rio may be looking for work in the off season though...Who would argue that Thigpen is a better option than Garrard though? not me.

Agreed. He's a big upgrade over Henne. Still, he will have to learn the offense. The Jags really screwed him over w/regard to this season.

Yeah that gives agents and FA a very bad feeling when signing with a management team.

They basically screwed Garard out of 8 Mil and a season without warning, rhyme or reason.

Trent sucked so that kind of is excusable, but still not surprising that teams wouldn't be chomping at the bit to sign with the Bills.

It doesn't give anyone a good feeling about the Jags trying to win either.

Maybe the Jags are trying to head to LA.

I think MIami's playbook is probably already simplified with Henne. Garard could be up and running in less than 4 weeks.

That's all teams had this year to prepare.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I still think back to the fact I was such an idiot to have defended the Bills' firing of OC Turk Schonert the week before the opener. I'd like to think I learn from my mistakes -- this is not a good move by Jacksonville.

Backup?

That's nuts to me.

if you're not sold on your current starting qb, i think you're nuts.

11/12 165 yrds in preseason game 3 (most important preseason game)

his receivers are making his stats look bad by the way. with all the dropped passes.

last season he took over, and we got better.

pls get with the program.

all the love for thigpen is what i dont understand???????? he has clearly regressed. very very obvious.

really, its that time to start backing fitz. time is now.

I fully agree Fitzpatrick isn't a franchise QB. But then again, neither is Garrard. Hopefully the Bills will have a nice, early pick in the first round of the 2012 draft which they'll use to solve their quarterback problems once and for all! :angry:

Lame

Hopefully the bills are superbowl champs and pick 32.

what the f?????

...and we finally have an adequate guy playing the position and you want to tip the apple cart with a lateral move! Dumb!

Who the hell wants adequate?

Adequate implies, average, median or "just OK".

I want adequate gas mileage from my F150, not from my hometown NFL team's signal caller.

Do you enjoy watching your favorite team go 4-12, 6-10 or 8-8 repeatedly?

I want a franchise type QB, nothing less. If that's not Garrard or Fitzpatrick, then you don't stop searching until you get that guy.

if you're not sold on your current starting qb, i think you're nuts.

11/12 165 yrds in preseason game 3 (most important preseason game)

his receivers are making his stats look bad by the way. with all the dropped passes.

last season he took over, and we got better.

pls get with the program.

all the love for thigpen is what i dont understand???????? he has clearly regressed. very very obvious.

really, its that time to start backing fitz. time is now.

what the f?????

Where to start...

1. Your avatar is the Clippers? You call the Bills the Clippers of the NFL?

Do you love losing? Do you love mediocrity?

2. Myself, nor anyone on here loves Thigpen. He's a backup with starting NFL QB experience. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. If you think Fitzpatrick is a franchise NFL QB, you don't watch enough quality QB play. He's no where near the upper echelon of QB's. I love his grit, dude is a straight "gamer", but skill on par with P. Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brady, Ben Ro or Matt Ryan? Not even close.

4. You used preseason stats in defense of an NFL QB. Rob Johnson was a preseaon God, how'd that work out?