brandon-meriweather cut by the pats

superbills315

he's a decent player and although he is a bit dirty he's a feared hitter and that is something you want in your secondary imo

i'd be happy if he came to buffalo

Hey, I'm curious, how or from where did you picked that username?

Edited by Fixxxer

you bet it is worth it for us to take a look. any two-time probowler who is 27 and healthy should always be considered as a upgrade for this and any team. i like george wilson a lot but byrd kinda seems like the question mark in the back, he looked like a shell of himself last year

The guy starts out with a franchise QB in Bledsoe and when he gets hurt a late round QB suddenly steps in to become a multiyear Probowler? That's just dumb luck. Without Brady, that team doesn't amount to much, period.

Really? Because he won 11 games with a guy who had not started a game since HS when Brady was out for the season. BB is one of the best, if not the best, HC in football right now. As a Bills fan, I get it, people hate him...but facts are facts, the man gets it done.

Really? Because he won 11 games with a guy who had not started a game since HS when Brady was out for the season. BB is one of the best, if not the best, HC in football right now. As a Bills fan, I get it, people hate him...but facts are facts, the man gets it done.

BS. The guy has done nothing but go along for the ride. Best coach in football? My ass.

BS. The guy has done nothing but go along for the ride. Best coach in football? My ass.

+1 The cheating also helped. The Patriots don't become the team they are if Tom Brady was as good of a player as Jan Brady.

That said, memory has it that the Bills did take a very serviceable safety in a similar situation back in 2003. The guy gave the Bills 3 solid seasons and was in the league through last season. Now why would Beel Bellycheck give up on a Lawyer Milloy or a Meriwether? My point is the guy is not infallable

Belichik isn't the super genius everyone thinks he is.

Thats the dumbest thing Ive heard all day!!!!

and thats the second dumbest thing Ive heard all day!!!!

Many coaches can look good with a core of very good players, but once they are gone the coach all of a sudden looks bad. (See Marv Levy) Granted her still does have Brady which does make a big difference, but besides him who else is still on the team from the first SB team? He comes across as a total jerk, though it seems players like to play for him which certainly wasn't the case when he first started. I think he's one of the best coaches at game planning and figuring out how to beat team as he did to us as the DC with the Giants in the SB. While I don't like him, he is the best coach out there as far as game planning, and determining a teams weaknesses.

The guy starts out with a franchise QB in Bledsoe and when he gets hurt a late round QB suddenly steps in to become a multiyear Probowler? That's just dumb luck. Without Brady, that team doesn't amount to much, period.

What was his record in Cleveland again?

Very bad. But hey he learned from it and didn't make the same mistakes again. He still comes across very cold but I think that's only to people on the outside, players seem to like him. Back then in cleavland players didn't seem to like him. Seems he figured out what he did wrnog and fixed it.

<br /><br /><br />

prior to inheriting a Bill Parcels built organization he was worse than Jauron.

Now you really bring up a name of a person who I think its really over rated. Parcels was a good coach but a terrible GM. That was why he left the Giants as they wouldn't make him coach/gm. Actually I suppose it's unfair to call him a terrible GM as he's never stuck around long enough to find out if things were any good or not. Yes the teams improved in Miami, but considering where they were, not that hard. Was Dallas really better after he left than when he got there??

NE has turned the entire team over since Parcels left and are still winning so it wasn't like BB drove the team downhill at all.

I like our Safety's as they are. Byrd has shown me some growth, and with a stronger front 7 he may return to rookie type numbers in 2011?? If Merriweather is cheap enough, he'd I'd be ok with adding him for depth, or special teams, but otherwise.. I don't see a strong need at the FS/SS position. We need one, two O-linemen, period! Fitz is going to need more than a half second to cycle through is receivers this year.. :)

Tim-

When the Dawg is right, he's right.

Cassel is proof there is more to Belicheat than the tackle that took out Bledsoe.

Though it's a funny quip that Belicheat is "one Mo Lewis tackle away from losing his job"