How Good Is Aiken?

Can we really afford to cut Aiken and have him become a star on another team? Yes, we're loaded at WR, but this guy can play. I can't believe someone won't pick him up if we try to move him to the practice squad.

Thoughts.

He looked good last night. If he can catch a properly thrown ball as well as that garbage pass Thigpen threw last night he will be a player. Big and fast and apparently with good hands. That was a very athletic move to haul that ball in. Athleticism is there. Liked Hubbard too. Typical Badger. Fantastic measurables but raw as dead buffalo meat.

I like him too but I fear there's no room for him. Pretty much locked in are Stevie, Roscoe, Easley, Dave Nelson. I think Donald Jones stays as he served as a gunner on punt coverage all season in 2010. Plus Brad Smith who may be considered a QB. Even if they keep one more, Aiken has to beat out Roosevelt who I also like (seems to catch everything that comes his way). It's gonna be tough for Kamar to make it.

I like him too but I fear there's no room for him. Pretty much locked in are Stevie, Roscoe, Easley, Dave Nelson. I think Donald Jones stays as he served as a gunner on punt coverage all season in 2010. Plus Brad Smith who may be considered a QB. Even if they keep one more, Aiken has to beat out Roosevelt who I also like (seems to catch everything that comes his way). It's gonna be tough for Kamar to make it.

I know Gailey likes Roosevelt and for sure he is a fan favourite in Buff. But the Bills also like big receivers and IMO Aiken is the better athlete too.

I think you're right, and I agree with the OP. I think Aiken could become a very good WR, but don't see how we can keep him, barring injury. I just don't see us keeping 7 WRs or him getting the nod over the others. Maybe if Roosevelt is healthy and plays next week and Aiken has a much much better game, but I doubt it....

On a similar line of thought, I see no chance of Buster Davis making the final 53.

If I had to choose, I'd rather Aiken make it to our PS than Jasper.

Can we really afford to cut Aiken and have him become a star on another team? Yes, we're loaded at WR, but this guy can play. I can't believe someone won't pick him up if we try to move him to the practice squad.

Thoughts.

When was the last time the Bills cut anybody who did anything significant in the league? Parella? The only guys who left the Bills who did anything in recent years were unrestricted free agents who left on their own accord.

Every year someone is afraid of cutting the wrong guy, but on a team whose 53 man roster will have about 10 guys nobody else would want, there is no danger of the Bills ever cutting a guy who will become a star on another team.

Last year everyone wanted to keep joique bell and he turned out to be available a few times after he was waived. Aiken is just leaping off the screen a little too much to be cut. Teams have spent high second round picks in trying land big receivers with speed and soft hands.

I actually think Roscoe is odd man out.... Even though he looked good last year before the injury.... He is very small and was injured last year.. Isnt he hurt again? I like roscoe but I think the upside of Aiken and namaan puts him out

This. There's multiple reasons why Roscoe could be the odd man out.

1st and everyone favorite escuse is it's a cost cutting move. Roscoe is the highest paid WR on the team isn't he?

2nd, for being paid as much as he is, only to be injured every single season he's ever played doesn't look good for him.

3rd, he isn't one of Gailey or Nixs guys and we are obviously cleaning house on old items that are collecting dusts in the shelves.

4th, he is 170lbs soaken wet and under 6'0" and doesn't fit what Chan is trying to do on offense and with the rest if the team and that's build a big group of MEN, not high school sized boys that can run fast.

I think he's out for the money reason alone. If he could stay on the field I would think differently, but he can stay healthy. He went out last season and hasn't been able to get on the field all preseason. Gailey might be questioning if he will ever be able to do it consistantly. And the fact is that he's getting old too. Things will only get worse for his health.

1st and everyone favorite escuse is it's a cost cutting move. Roscoe is the highest paid WR on the team isn't he?

2nd, for being paid as much as he is, only to be injured every single season he's ever played doesn't look good for him.

3rd, he isn't one of Gailey or Nixs guys and we are obviously cleaning house on old items that are collecting dusts in the shelves.

4th, he is 170lbs soaken wet and under 6'0" and doesn't fit what Chan is trying to do on offense and with the rest if the team and that's build a big group of MEN, not high school sized boys that can run fast.

I think he's out for the money reason alone. If he could stay on the field I would think differently, but he can stay healthy. He went out last season and hasn't been able to get on the field all preseason. Gailey might be questioning if he will ever be able to do it consistantly. And the fact is that he's getting old too. Things will only get worse for his health.

From what I've read before, Gailey loves the guy. Parrish was super productive before getting injured last year too. I think he's a lock.

Thoughts.

I definitely agree, boy I would really hate to see this guy go. He looks like he has A LOT of upside and we could use a physical receiver like him. He's a beast for sure!!

Thoughts.

I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I've been high on this guy since i went to staining camp. He just looks like the real deal, doesn't look that raw to me and i think he could make it big and i've been wanting to see him with the 1st team, see how well he does with Fitz throwing it to him.

I have read reports from multiple sources and from people who have seen him in camp observe that he just looks like a player and jumps off the field.

I am very excited about his potential, especially after seeing him make the adjustment on the throw by Thigpen.

I have to agree that I think that Roscoe is the odd man out.

I have read reports from multiple sources and from people who have seen him in camp observe that he just looks like a player and jumps off the field.

I am very excited about his potential, especially after seeing him make the adjustment on the throw by Thigpen.

I have to agree that I think that Roscoe is the odd man out.

There is absolutely no way on heaven or earth that Roscoe is the oddman out.

Like Merriman, he's been rested lately because he'll be a lynchpin for his respective unit, and he needs to be saved for the regular season.

Johnson

Easley

Parrish

Jones

Nelson

Aiken

Roosevelt

B.Smith

There's your receivers gentlemen. Tell me who else belongs on this list right now...

Like Merriman, he's been rested lately because he'll be a lynchpin for his respective unit, and he needs to be saved for the regular season.

Johnson

Easley

Parrish

Jones

Nelson

Aiken

Roosevelt

B.Smith

There's your receivers gentlemen. Tell me who else belongs on this list right now...

Have to agree that it will not be Roscoe that gets the axe. IF they keep 7 wr's, it is going to come down to Jones and Roosevelt. I think they go with 6, including Smith and they keep Aiken over Roosevelt and Jones. I personally like Jones but when you look at the receivers, Parrish and Spiller kind of take care of that role that Jones has.

Nelson could be in the mix to get cut but I think they like his size in the red zone and don't have anyone else other then the TE's to use in that role, and we know that they don't use the TE's.

I say if they keep 6 it will be:

Johnson

Parrish

Easley

Nelson

Aiken

Smith

Add in Jones if they carry 7 and unfortunately, Roosevelt ends up the odd man out.

Have to agree that it will not be Roscoe that gets the axe. IF they keep 7 wr's, it is going to come down to Jones and Roosevelt. I think they go with 6, including Smith and they keep Aiken over Roosevelt and Jones. I personally like Jones but when you look at the receivers, Parrish and Spiller kind of take care of that role that Jones has.

Nelson could be in the mix to get cut but I think they like his size in the red zone and don't have anyone else other then the TE's to use in that role, and we know that they don't use the TE's.

I say if they keep 6 it will be:

Johnson

Parrish

Easley

Nelson

Aiken

Smith

Add in Jones if they carry 7 and unfortunately, Roosevelt ends up the odd man out.

Smith doesn't really belong in the count since he'll be listed as a QB and will probably only lineup at WR to keep defenses honest.

Announcers made a good point about Smith's performance in the preseason: EVERY time he's taken the field he's gotten the ball.

They haven't even begun to "play" with him yet. They've just been trying different things with him, but when you actually have to work your guy into a scheme, part of that will HAVE to include masking his presence by using him as a decoy on some downs.

Either way, he doesn't belong in the WR column of our roster.

I actually think Roscoe is odd man out.... Even though he looked good last year before the injury.... He is very small and was injured last year.. Isnt he hurt again? I like roscoe but I think the upside of Aiken and namaan puts him out

I agree. Parrish is from the old regime & is always hurt.. Cut his ass and let the young guys play..

Johnson

Easley

Parrish

Jones

Nelson

Aiken

Roosevelt

B.Smith

Ruvell Martin?

(Brad Smith goes to #3 on the QB depth chart, DB/QB Josh Nesbitt goes to practice squad, Levi Brown just goes.)

Smith doesn't really belong in the count since he'll be listed as a QB and will probably only lineup at WR to keep defenses honest.

Announcers made a good point about Smith's performance in the preseason: EVERY time he's taken the field he's gotten the ball.

They haven't even begun to "play" with him yet. They've just been trying different things with him, but when you actually have to work your guy into a scheme, part of that will HAVE to include masking his presence by using him as a decoy on some downs.

Either way, he doesn't belong in the WR column of our roster.

I guess that would mean Brown gets cut, Smith is the 3rd QB and they can keep 6 wr's which will most likely be: Johnson, Parrish, Easley, Nelson, Jones and either Aiken or Roosevelt. I think they keep Aiken because of his size.

Johnson

Easley

Parrish

Jones

Nelson

Aiken

Roosevelt

B.Smith

I don't know man. As others have elluded to, Roscoe just can't stay healthy and a lot of that has to do with his lack of size. In addition, we already have a wealth of special teamers who can return kicks and punts and I think that Spiller is going to take the role of what Parrish is capable of doing on offense. Plus his salary is not commensurate of what his perceived production should be.

Much like Evans, who a lot of people think was moved for salary reasons, Roscoe could be lumped into this category.

I think the Bills will try to trade Roscoe Parrish (sixth round pick) or cut him!!

I can see him swirling in Seattle, Detroit, Chicago or Jacksonville.

With the kick off return basically eliminated from the game, a team's only chance for "special" plays is through punt game.

I don't know man. As others have elluded to, Roscoe just can't stay healthy and a lot of that has to do with his lack of size. In addition, we already have a wealth of special teamers who can return kicks and punts and I think that Spiller is going to take the role of what Parrish is capable of doing on offense. Plus his salary is not commensurate of what his perceived production should be.

Much like Evans, who a lot of people think was moved for salary reasons, Roscoe could be lumped into this category.

If Roscoe is dumped, it'll be because of Overdork, and NOT because he "can't stay health, is too small, etc, etc"

:worthy:

I was thinking the same things!

Jones will make the team! In the second preseason game he was the starting WR opposite Stevie. I can't believe he'd fall completely off the team because he got KO'ed illegally.

Johnson, Jones, Easly, Nelson, Aiken, Roosevelt (The youth movement going full tilt!)

I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I've been high on this guy since i went to staining camp. He just looks like the real deal, doesn't look that raw to me and i think he could make it big and i've been wanting to see him with the 1st team, see how well he does with Fitz throwing it to him.

1. Carpenter or Painter?

2. Seminar on how to use "Shout Stain Stick"?

3. "Village People" party?

In 09 Parrish was squarely on the trading block as the league all time punt returner and no one wanted him. None of the top seven wide receivers on the roster can be cut but none is worth anything in trade either. Johnson a 5th maybe. Roosevelt is the one least likely to be picked up on waivers (no one values catching the football). Most teams around the league assume he is on the roster only as a hometown feel good story anyway. Since Roosevelt is most likely to be there for the Bills if they cut him and someone goes down he is the most likely to go.

In 09 Parrish was squarely on the trading block as the league all time punt returner and no one wanted him. None of the top seven wide receivers on the roster can be cut but none is worth anything in trade either. Johnson a 5th maybe. Roosevelt is the one least likely to be picked up on waivers (no one values catching the football). Most teams around the league assume he is on the roster only as a hometown feel good story anyway. Since Roosevelt is most likely to be there for the Bills if they cut him and someone goes down he is the most likely to go.

No. Teams scout other teams.

They don't get their info from the media. They watch film.

If they know who Roosevelt is it's because he's made their to-watch list.

We're talking about league-wide professionals here, not fans.