Just watched the ESPN highlights

TH3

Ahhh, let him be. We could use a diva on this team. His slight arrogance or mor like confidence can pump up the stadium. Reggie Wayne acts th same way, doesn't he?

He can do whatever he wants after the TD is scored...almost surrendered the 6 points for the sake of strutting into the endzone, though. But, no harm no foul. I'm sure Chan gave him a quick word about it on the sideline. When you break off a route like that, it's tough not to strut I suppose.

What are you people talking about?? sJ had to walk the sideline tightrope into the endzone. He wasn't strutting.

PTR

My view too. He was holding the ball out in case he got pushed out at the 1. Great play.

Hey - Steve Johnson - wait till you get into the endzone before celebrating....have a little patience before making yourself look like TO/Ochocinco....

I could be mistaken, but what I saw - he got shoved and had to fight to stay on his feet as he neared the goal line.

As he got near the goal line, he held the ball forward so that it would "break the plane".

Johnson better get religion this year on ball security and putting the ball away

I give him a pass on this one.

I think it was making sure the ball crossed the plane, not premature celebration.

That's just my viewpoint watching the video and again I could be mistaken.

He can do whatever he wants after the TD is scored...almost surrendered the 6 points for the sake of strutting into the endzone, though. But, no harm no foul. I'm sure Chan gave him a quick word about it on the sideline. When you break off a route like that, it's tough not to strut I suppose.

Sage, watch clip again. He got shoved hard by (Mathis?) at about the 7, arms and legs were windmilling trying to stay on his feet.

I think he reached with the ball to ensure it broke the plane before part of him went out of bounds, though he managed to stay in bounds

I would personally prefer that he tuck the ball away more securely earlier, and risk having 4 downs to punch it in from the 2 yd line

If Chan sees it that way I'm sure he got an earful, but I don't see any strutting until the "deed was done"

Again just what I see

Guess someone always needs SOMETHING to complain about, but I see it like these guys...

Worked Mathis inside, then moved outside. A thing of beauty. Like me some swagger.

youtube.com/watch?v=ue4NdiIEkcE

My view too. He was holding the ball out in case he got pushed out at the 1. Great play.

How about how ESPN decides to cover teams like Denver or KC with special analyst coverage and then The Bills game goes to overtime and turns out to be a comeback game. We get NOTHING! They show the Stevie TD, Gerard TD, and the Lindell FG :censored: Come On Man!! What about Fitz having a 158 passer rating? How about the Online doing a good job of protecting? Or, how about our D playing damn good in the first half before the 3rd and 4th take over. :wallbash: I just wish they would cover every team the same. I hate being put in the basement.

I could be mistaken, but what I saw - he got shoved and had to fight to stay on his feet as he neared the goal line.

As he got near the goal line, he held the ball forward so that it would "break the plane".

Johnson better get religion this year on ball security and putting the ball away

I give him a pass on this one.

I think it was making sure the ball crossed the plane, not premature celebration.

That's just my viewpoint watching the video and again I could be mistaken.

he def put the ball out before he was even touched. i think that the original complaints were taking it that he started to put the ball out to strut AND THEN got shoved almost costing him the td, instead of just jetting in. not sure if thats what he was doing, but i dont think anyone was referring to the tightrope part as strutting

Edited by NoSaint

he def put the ball out before he was even touched. i think that the original complaints were taking it that he started to put the ball out to strut AND THEN got shoved almost costing him the td, instead of just jetting in. not sure if thats what he was doing, but i dont think anyone was referring to the tightrope part as strutting

The route and his momentum were taking him to the sideline. He put the ball out for extra yards before he was able to correct his course and get in the end zone. And he's also changing hands so to his inbounds hand in case he had to dive.

Great play.

Everyone needs to just enjoy it and not find the one small thing that maybe we can complain about, but which also resulted in a TD.

Jeez.

(last part not directed just at you, NS)

Wow so now we have a team that we can complain about how they score tds... get a grip!

In other breaking news...

Fitz puts his pants on both legs at the same time doesn't he know we only do it one leg at a time!?

Jasper celebrated after recovering that fumble - act like you've been there before what was it his first time!

All in fun but come on enjoy the swagger, that's what makes these players who they are. Celebrate all you want stevie keep scoring those 50+ yard tds!

Hey - Steve Johnson - wait till you get into the endzone before celebrating....have a little patience before making yourself look like TO/Ochocinco....

What the heck are you talking about Baskin? He wanted to make sure he got the ball over the plan in just in case....there was no showboating there? Not saying he hasnt done it in the past though.

Stevie is a very good receiver but his ball security in general could be better. I saw him make a catch over the middle and then hold the ball out with one hand while he decided where to go. By the time he was hit he had it tucked away, but that's not good enough. Just catch it and cradle it like it's your son, Stevie!

Great video above though, great play