Kyle Williams Extended

Astrobot

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NICE. #Bills RT @JasonLaCanfora Bills agree to 6 year, $39M deal with stud DT Kyle Williams. Includes $17M guaranteed

thats a good deal for buffalo !!

i predicted 5yr/ $35 mil with $20 mil guaranteed.

JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

Oh, and next up for the Bills is WR Stevie Johnson. Bet they start talkin new deal very shortly

Edited by papazoid

@JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Sorry, new money avg in 1st 4 yrs is $7.5M for Williams. Its his 3rd multi-yr deal in 5 yrs. Very, very rare.

Jason La Canfora

Oh, and next up for the Bills is WR Stevie Johnson. Bet they start talkin new deal very shortly

Edited by Carey Bender

Sorry, new money avg in 1st 4 yrs is $7.5M for Williams. Its his 3rd multi-yr deal in 5 yrs. Very, very rare.

Jason La Canfora

NIIIIIIIICE!!!

NICE. #Bills RT @JasonLaCanfora Bills agree to 6 year, $39M deal with stud DT Kyle Williams. Includes $17M guaranteed

Unlike most Overdorf contracts, this contract is a bargain for the Bills.

Good, now work on Stevie's contract and ensure that we have at least one real WR here for the next couple years.

Stevie surely needs a new deal, but I'd like to see him perform as a #1 BEFORE we pay him long-term #1 money.

Stevie surely needs a new deal, but I'd like to see him perform as a #1 BEFORE we pay him long-term #1 money.

It's tough though cause then he's more of a sure thing, costing you more #1 money. Or he says screw it let's wait till after the season and gets ridiculous money on the open market.

Edited by Carey Bender

Unlike most Overdorf contracts, this contract is a bargain for the Bills.

I think it's a very good and fair deal for both sides. It seems like the Bills and Overdorf have had a remarkable ability to either overpay or underpay. I thought Kyle would probably get a little more guaranteed, and maybe five years. Good contract by Overdorf, IMO.

Ain't that just like the Devil though, that's how they getcha!!

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

This is the thing....you dont want to wait so long that the agent is in the ear of the player to wait till free agency.....if you can do extensions on players that you KNOW you are going to keep best to get it taken care of where it can be cheaper for the team.

This is the thing....you dont want to wait so long that the agent is in the ear of the player to wait till free agency.....if you can do extensions on players that you KNOW you are going to keep best to get it taken care of where it can be cheaper for the team.

I was originally thinking we should get him a pay-raise ala Chris Johnson to buy us more time to evaluate him as a #1...but on 2nd thought, that doesn't seem to have worked out for the Titans. Pay the man.

I was originally thinking we should get him a pay-raise ala Chris Johnson to buy us more time to evaluate him as a #1...but on 2nd thought, that doesn't seem to have worked out for the Titans. Pay the man.

It's Stevie's contract year, so I dont think we have time to play around with little pay raises. I'm not saying break the bank, but we need to get this done before we get too far into the season.

I think it's a very good and fair deal for both sides.

This is not a good deal for Williams when compared to what he's worth on the open market. It's admirable that Williams took less to stay with the Bills but his agent definitely had a case for a far more lucrative deal. He got less guaranteed money than Derrick Dockery!

Hey I'm happy from the team's standpoint but if I were Williams, I'd fire my agent. :)