Jasper prediction...

114 members have voted

1. 1. When the dust settles, where will Jasper be?

• 53 man roster
    • Practice squad
    • Back in Pigeon Fork, TN never to be heard from again

It's going to be harder than usual for rookies to make the final roster cut because of the lockout and shortened training camps. That said, I think Jasper will make the final roster. I don't think the Bills will make the mistake of trying to hide him on the practice squad. A guy who weighs 370 pounds isn't very easy to hide!

Other predictions:

1) He will be the most popular training camp 7th round rookie ever.

2) The Bills will find special situations for him to justify a roster spot much like they did for Jason Peters. He is too big to hide on the practice squad. Anything he does well in a preseason game will stand out on film.

3) His small school, small town roots will endear him to Bills' fandom.

4) His underdog, out-of-nowhere story will play like Roy Hobb's and he may be an NFL version of a Greek myth. As Bill's fans we can only let the story write itself and hope he truly is a nose tackle "Natural."

He's already a fan favorite, which won't get you too far on the practice field. Nonetheless, I hope he makes it.

And as many have already said, if he has any inkling of ability, he's too big and attractive - in a football sort of way - to hide on a practice squad.

If he's cut, be assured, he just really sucks.

Edited by CSBill

Other predictions:

1) He will be the most popular training camp 7th round rookie ever.

2) The Bills will find special situations for him to justify a roster spot much like they did for Jason Peters. He is too big to hide on the practice squad. Anything he does well in a preseason game will stand out on film.

3) His small school, small town roots will endear him to Bills' fandom.

4) His underdog, out-of-nowhere story will play like Roy Hobb's and he may be an NFL version of a Greek myth. As Bill's fans we can only let the story write itself and hope he truly is a nose tackle "Natural."

Peters was on the practice squad for the first 7-10 weeks or so of his rookie year.

It's going to be harder than usual for rookies to make the final roster cut because of the lockout and shortened training camps. That said, I think Jasper will make the final roster. I don't think the Bills will make the mistake of trying to hide him on the practice squad. A guy who weighs 370 pounds isn't very easy to hide!

I predict he doesn't weight 370 pounds anymore.

Everyone is right...fan favorite, the kind of guy you want to route for, etc. I'm drinking the cool aid too, except I won't be surprised if this guyturns out to be a good to very good player. The kind of intangibles Jasper has are hard to come by, and there is something to be said about playing with heart! I have my fingers crossed, but this could turn out to be one hell of a lucky pick.

Peters was on the practice squad for the first 7-10 weeks or so of his rookie year.

True, but at that time Peters was still playing TE. If he had came in as a LT and they saw the potential he had (although raw), I think he would've made the 53 man roster.

As another poster stated, Mike Jasper will not be cut UNLESS he absolutely stinks. I mean ABSOLUTELY. No man that big, agile, powerful, athletic, heavy, etc., etc., etc., exists in the NFL. Based on his numbers alone, he's the most athletic DT in the league. He also has great stamina, playing over 90 snaps/game at OG at Bethel. We'll see how his story shakes out, but I hope he has the potential to contribute in some way...

No way he goes to practice squad because Bellicheat or Rexy would snap him up in a heart beat and then he would be stuffing us foe the next 15 years.

Jasper was the 42nd pick in the 7th round. Just a wild guess, but if BB and/or Rex wanted him, they would have drafted him, even in the 7th round.