Fitz takes next step

No way. It's a proven TBD fact that any QB not taken in the FIRST round sucks with a suck-a-tation that profoundly permeates their entire career.

We are BillsFanOne.

the board

:lol:

Thanks for the early morning laugh, Nank.

We are the world!

Good to hear he worked on his strength. Hopefully he's been working on the accuracy issues.

I'm hoping one will follow the other. Specifically, I'm thinking that increased strength will mean he won't have to strain to get the ball to go as far or fast as he needs, and instead will be able to throw more naturally, thus yielding increased precision.

That's my hope anyway... ;)

Edited by yall

Fitz is the type of quarterback we can all cheer for. We want him to be the man, be successful and prove his naysayers wrong. This season will be a big one for him. I am encouraged he is working on his weaknesses. I also like how the players see him as the team leader. I am very encouraged.

I'm glad to see RF gettign stronger. I'm pretty concerned we didn't do anything notable to upgrade our o-line, and there haven't been any PR-puff pieces yet talking about Spiller's improved blocking, or how the TE position will be different this year. Fitz is going to take some shots this year and we're in trouble if he's out for more than a game.

As Doc said though, strength doesn't seem to have been his problem, it's been accuracy and consistency. We all love his high-risk throws when they work out, and are more forgiving of the occasional "duck' he throwns up when the he's also getting TDs.

It's nice to be going into the season with no reservations about supporting our QB. Unlike the past many years I'm comfortable with his decisions and leadership. I just wish he had more raw talent, which isn't something he can control. I'll be thrilled if the stars come into alignment and we have a really good year, but I'll still be convinced we urgently need another quality QB on the roster.

Then Tom Brady came into the league (and I am not calling Fitz Tom Brady) he also didnt have a cannon....but improved his arm strength as time went on.

- I think that Fitz has ability to diagnose and execute plays a lot like Tom Brady

- Fitz will not have the accuracy that Tom B. does.......its what makes him special

But here is the thing....FITZ DOES NOT NEED TO BE TOM BRADY.....we can win with a lesser QB then that because other teams are doing it.

Look just give me a defense that will keep putting the ball back into Ryan Fitzpatricks hands.....and we will win. What we got last year was a QB that felt he needed to make something happen on every drive because the defense couldn't stop anybody. Lets flip this and see what happens.

Then Tom Brady came into the league (and I am not calling Fitz Tom Brady) he also didnt have a cannon....but improved his arm strength as time went on.

- I think that Fitz has ability to diagnose and execute plays a lot like Tom Brady

- Fitz will not have the accuracy that Tom B. does.......its what makes him special

But here is the thing....FITZ DOES NOT NEED TO BE TOM BRADY.....we can win with a lesser QB then that because other teams are doing it.

Look just give me a defense that will keep putting the ball back into Ryan Fitzpatricks hands.....and we will win. What we got last year was a QB that felt he needed to make something happen on every drive because the defense couldn't stop anybody. Lets flip this and see what happens.

I'm with you, John...we need a D worthy of the uniforms they put on every Sunday.

Last year they were.

lol, good point....maybe I should have said "worthy of the city they represent" instead

good thing the Bills fired that inept turd of a DC that was responsible for last year's horrible defense :worthy:

Fitz is probably the best we can attract here. Buffalo is a hard sell to girlfriends and wives

And apparently quality posters too...

I'm with you, John...we need a D worthy of the uniforms they put on every Sunday.

Last year they were.

So, why is Fitz tutoring the nephew of a Hall of Fame QB??

The kid needs help in calculus. Not uncle Jimbo's strong point, I'm guessing.

GO BILLS!!!

good thing the Bills fired that inept turd of a DC that was responsible for last year's horrible defense :worthy:

Aha, so this is where all the funny comments were hiding.

No way. It's a proven TBD fact that any QB not taken in the FIRST round sucks with a suck-a-tation that profoundly permeates their entire career.

We are BillsFanOne.

the board

Right...

It would have nothing to do with Fitz's career 12-23-1 Record as a Starter, or his career 73 QB Rating...We're all just so dumb and lacking in Football IQ around here that the reason we're not ready to crown Fitz as the next coming is because he's not a 1st Round Pick...While we sit and watch the Bills get severely thumped and embarrassed year in and year out by a 6th Round QB in NE...But we're obviously too dumb to figure that out...

Yep..That's it!!! :doh:

I dont think he is truly in charge I really dont....you dont bring a guy like Dave W. in and have someone like that telling HIM what to do.

He is DC in name only......jmo

that would be the typical dysunctional way to run an organization

don;t have the guts to fire Edwards -but bring in his replacement with a wink-wind understanding that he's in charge

the players I'm sure will figure it out

that's why Chan should be the OC and not the head coach-

maybe the Stash is really the HC, but noody told Chan yet

Good to hear he worked on his strength. Hopefully he's been working on the accuracy issues.

I'm hoping one will follow the other. Specifically, I'm thinking that increased strength will mean he won't have to strain to get the ball to go as far or fast as he needs, and instead will be able to throw more naturally, thus yielding increased precision.

That's my hope anyway... ;)

Stands to reason yall :thumbsup:

that would be the typical dysunctional way to run an organization

don;t have the guts to fire Edwards -but bring in his replacement with a wink-wind understanding that he's in charge

the players I'm sure will figure it out

that's why Chan should be the OC and not the head coach-

maybe the Stash is really the HC, but noody told Chan yet

Do that many people really believe that Chan's that two-faced and that Wannstedt may not actually want all the responsibility of a HC/DC? It isn't conceivable at all Wanny wanted a stress free coaching position (with the added title and pay of assistant HC) that allows him to just coach guys up and not deal with the craziness of politicking to be a HC again?

I can tell you from his time at Pitt, he thought that was going to be the job he retired on. He was burned out after Ricky and after being fired at Pitt the Bills job may be a breather where he can just be a coach and not a booster, or a recruiter or a head coach. JMO.

It feels similar to me when Buddy was brought in for scouting....then promoted to GM so there is a precident.

What makes you think the players dont already know?

This happens in other organizations....its not disfunctional.

doesn't happen in well run organizations

only screwed up teams bring in a guy to "run" the defense, but call him a LB coach and keep the inept incumbant as the DC

good teams fire the inept boob and hire a coach elite in the scheme the team wants to run.

not hire a 4-3 guy and hope he learns on the fly how to impement a 3-4 scheme.

Do that many people really believe that Chan's that two-faced and that Wannstedt may not actually want all the responsibility of a HC/DC? It isn't conceivable at all Wanny wanted a stress free coaching position (with the added title and pay of assistant HC) that allows him to just coach guys up and not deal with the craziness of politicking to be a HC again?

I can tell you from his time at Pitt, he thought that was going to be the job he retired on. He was burned out after Ricky and after being fired at Pitt the Bills job may be a breather where he can just be a coach and not a booster, or a recruiter or a head coach. JMO.

"It isn't conceivable at all Wanny wanted a stress free coaching position . . "

Wanny should fit right in with the rest of the underachieving slackers that Chan found for his staff

why get a talented, hungry coach on the rise, when a burned slacker is available for cheap

Wanny should fit right in with the rest of the underachieving slackers that Chan found for his staff

why get a talented, hungry coach on the rise, when a burned slacker is available for cheap

Dude, its been ONE YEAR for this group. Chill out. This type of comment will be welcomed in year 2! :doh:

I've always felt Fitzpatrick was the perfect backup because he was so smart he really knew the offense as a coach would - and he shows how well he can identify and diagnose the defenses he faces - but, his perpetual inability to be consistently accurate was what gave him that backup role. He could come in and make big plays and have good games, even string together a few, and rally a team. But, eventually, and repeatedly, he'd just make throws that were so far off that it would leave me scratching my head, wondering who he was even throwing to.

Now, he doesn't have to be ever-accurate. All he needs to do is become less inaccurate. Frankly, even as he was last year, if our defense was better we'd of had a much higher ranked offense. And, if he'd of started every game, he would have had some of the best stats a QB has had for the Bills in a long time.

Because of his intelligence, and his intangibles, if he can find a way to control his physical issues - and maybe Gailey can help that - then he can become quite good enough to lead us to a 10 win season. I think, almost as much as his mechanics, that a consistently good running game, and better protection, would also lead to more success on his part.

So, as we've all chimed in on, his story is perfect for Buffalo. If he can pull it all together, then we have a QB without a bloated ego, with great intelligence, and if he fails as a starter, I think he'd make a really good mentor, almost a QB coach, if you will.

I bet Wannstadt had multiple offers to coach for other teams. I do wonder, though, what prompted him to pick Buffalo over the others - I don't think it was a Linebacker Coach position, and the assistant HC title, I doubt, did it either. He must have plans on either taking over the Defense if Edwards falters again, or of parlaying a successful turnaround of the Buffalo defense into another prominant gig. I do think that Gailey, Nix, Whaley, and Co., represent a group of men that will inevitably turn this team around, that it isn't a matter of if, but of when, so with Wannstatd choosing Buffalo, the team is already on the rise, and is probably projected by most as going from 4-12 last year to 8-8 range this year, to being in the playoff race in 2012. He really has no chance to get labled as responsible for failure here, since it was already the case before he came. If it continues to be that way, he's not the D.C., and if it improves, it will surely be attached to his presence as much as anything else.

I like that Wanny was with Jimmy Johnson in Dallas and Miami. I think Johnson was a heck of a coach, and knew talent as well as anyone. Wanny is not a bum, IMO, and will only help us to match up against the likes of the Jets and New England.