Bills announce uniform change

Peter

We are currently wearing "a fresh new design", and we ended up with easily the worst uniforms in the league.

THIS. If it wasn't for the "make it easier for Fergie" decision that led to red helmets, chances are the Bills' uniforms would CURRENTLY be considered "classic" and might have only included some "modernization" updates over the years.

A return to a uniform modeled after those late 70s duds is awesome, IMO.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, but i don't understand why some would call me an ass for it. there are those here who do agree with what i've raised and haven't been called out for their comments.

evidently, i always have to have some kind of agenda. or i come at people with a condescending tone. or some posters -- such as spartacus -- just don't like me.

i've never called anyone an "ass," "moron," "idiot," or questioned their line of work. i have questioned some people's posts and especially those who post absolutes, which are open to debate.

you've explained yourself politely. don't know why others can't.

jw

John, you have to understand as well that there are many people who post on these boards from all walks of life. Just like in any large group of people there are plenty of ignorant people who cannot separate personal feelings for their favorite team with debating facts about their team. As a fan it is hard to deal with a losing franchise as it is without people poking fun. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a sense of humor and have never been offended by anything I have read in your articles. If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at anyway right? I personally take a verbal beating from a family friend who is a Patriots fan (he is still in high school but his mother is a friend of the family's) who only started watching football when the Patriots started winning championships. What can I say though? When he says "The Bills suck," he isn't exactly wrong.

I urge you (as I am sure others have) not to cast all Bills fans in the same boat as some of these people. That would be like throwing all Muslims in with the extremist terrorists of the world.

Also, for the record, I think it is rather funny that we are all excited about the new uniforms. Good marketing move. If you are going to put a sub-par team on the field, why not sell some jerseys by getting rid of something that many fans have openly been disappointed with....and yes i am still talking about the uni's.

Although I do have one question. If we are a laughing stock, why do some of these national media members even bother talking about how hard the Bills played last season? Might as well just kick em' while their down.

I'm all for this if they keep the red helmets.

The white helmets remind me too much of the early 80s into the 2-14 years.

The early '80s white helmets were playoff teams and the red helmets arrived in '84 just in time for 2-14. I would like the white ones back.

The early '80s white helmets were playoff teams and the red helmets arrived in '84 just in time for 2-14. I would like the white ones back.

You know, you're right. My bad...I was tying the white helmets to the losing years because I left WNY right around that time and didn't see much of them again until the late 80s.

Yeah, and the red helmets keep us reminded of the winning tradition we have enjoyed the last 10 years?

Uh...how about the late 80s and 90s?

• 2 weeks later...

A poster on the Chris Creamer logo site posited this uniform set based on the descriptions:

Link

The half stripes on the arms kind of annoy me, but I would take that in a heartbeat.

I would be VERY, VERY happy with those jerseys!

:thumbsup: Likewise!

For that reason, why do I feel like that probably won't be it? :lol:

It seems every time one of my teams makes a uniform change, there is always at least one thing that is just off about it?

Like the "new" Sabres uniforms. I love the fact that they went back to the old look, but why, on earth, the "sweat stains" sewn into the underarms? It looks really stupid...thankfully only visable when a player lifts his arms...the one benefit of a scoring drought!!

Why does excitement for the uniforms have to be coupled with ignorance? I haven't heard one fan say they believe that the new uniforms will make for a better product on the field. Why can't people criticizing the excitement understand that it's just that, excitement for a new uniform, period. Why is it assumed that most fans are being duped by a marketing ploy from the front office into believing this means more than what it is, nicer uniforms? Furthermore, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with the fan base taking a sense of pride in how our team is represented by how our uniforms look.

Every fan would trade uniforms for a contending team. And I don't think it's a ploy for the front office to do this for the fans. Ultimately they need to improve the field product. And I don't think it's fair to assume the front office is using new uniforms in lieu of that.

Why does excitement for the uniforms have to be coupled with ignorance? I haven't heard one fan say they believe that the new uniforms will make for a better product on the field. Why can't people criticizing the excitement understand that it's just that, excitement for a new uniform, period. Why is it assumed that most fans are being duped by a marketing ploy from the front office into believing this means more than what it is, nicer uniforms? Furthermore, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with the fan base taking a sense of pride in how our team is represented by how our uniforms look.

Every fan would trade uniforms for a contending team. And I don't think it's a ploy for the front office to do this for the fans. Ultimately they need to improve the field product. And I don't think it's fair to assume the front office is using new uniforms in lieu of that.

Corn Flakes, meet Triple Threat's pee.

I think those unis are SICK! Though it IS strange that the AFCEast will all feature light colored (3 out of 4 white, 1 silver) helmets.

They've needed this jersey change for a while. I don't think it has anything to do with them duping us.

Edited by r00tabaga

Corn Flakes, meet Triple Threat's pee.

I think those unis are SICK! Though it IS strange that the AFCEast will all feature light colored (3 out of 4 white, 1 silver) helmets.

:huh:

TT wasn't peeing in any cornflakes. That seemed to be a response to wawrow's posts upthread. TT is saying that, contrary to some poster's attitudes here, better uniforms and a better team are not mutually exclusive goals.

Edited by UConn James

As in "Putting lipstick on a pig does not change that it's a pig"