Bills announce uniform change

Peter

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate those helmets. The Bills didn't do diddlly squat when they wore those back in the 70's-early eighties....YUCK!!!!

To each his own. I love the white helmet and would be happy to see us return to that style. I always thought the red was too much.

If you think the color and style of the uniforms translates into winning then we show go back to the 64 and 65 uni's which are considered our throwbacks. The new concept here is very close to those.

jw, I have enjoyed your post for the past few years, but a few months ago, you got your nose bloodied in a heated argument on here and you said you would not post here anymore. You came on here today with an agenda. You know quite honestly why people are excited about a uniform change, however, you were condescending in your tone. You are certainly open to your opinion and able to post it here, but you came to this thread with an attitude and no opinion and it showed in your statements. I expect better from you and so do most posters here. There was no name calling, you just simply acted like an A** and I told you that you were acting that way. You can take that defensively or you can....stop......think.....and regroup so we can enjoy your post again. Or you can continue to add nothing to the threads on here and expect to be ridiculed by it. Your choice.

i came to this thread expressing the same opinion i expressed to WBEN, which actually happened to be the first reaction i had to the news of the new uniforms. and that reaction was: how does that help the team's record? so, i posed the same question here and received plenty of feedback, much of it respectfully contrary, some of it not so respectful. i was called a bore, an ass and my professional reputation brought into question (some of those posts have since been edited).

i called no one names in this thread and offered my opinion that it was a cash grab while being surprised by how excited fans were in regards to what is essentially a style over substance change.

and once the responses leaned overwhelmingly toward support of the new uniforms, i posted, "fair enough."

you are the one who persists to question my agenda and call me an ass. wouldn't be the first time, nor the last i've been called that. i gotta thick skin, much of it surrounding my cranium, i guess.

jw

ADD: my nose is fine, by the way. always has been.

Edited by john wawrow

I really like the helmets with the stripes offsett and shorter, the way you show a littel bit

of the horn sticking out from the unseen side of the Buffalo, and the rougher more pronounced back

of the Buffalo as well. You got some talent man.

Not by me. I just found them on another message board. If anyone knows G. W. Scherer, it's his work. Anyone?

i came to this thread expressing the same opinion i expressed to WBEN, which actually happened to be the first reaction i had to the news of the new uniforms. and that reaction was: how does that help the team's record? so, i posed the same question here and received plenty of feedback, much of it respectfully contrary, some of it not so respectful. i was called a bore, an ass and my professional reputation brought into question (some of those posts have since been edited).

i called no one names in this thread and offered my opinion that it was a cash grab while being surprised by how excited fans were in regards to what is essentially a style over substance change.

and once the responses leaned overwhelmingly toward support of the new uniforms, i posted, "fair enough."

you are the one who persists to question my agenda and call me an ass. wouldn't be the first time, nor the last.

jw

i certainly do not like the tone expressed on here in terms of people having to feel that they are "THE MAN", the smartest guy in the room mentality. the one's who feel it is their duty to be the "fact and grammar " police. quite frankly, it deters me from posting as much as i would, but ignoring it is what works for me. as for the uniform change euphoria, count me as one who is very excited about it. i am an older guy, late 50's, bills die-hard, and was very ashamed of the uniforms that came about in 2002. the road uni's were a total embarrassment and just look forward to a more classic look. comparing the product presented on the field with how that product is outfitted seems a little "apples and oranges" to me.

Edited by dwight in philly

you are the one who persists to question my agenda and call me an ass. wouldn't be the first time, nor the last i've been called that. i gotta thick skin, much of it surrounding my cranium, i guess.

jw

John,

I enjoy your articles and your posts here but I don't get why you would ask this question. The uniforms are a marketing/sales thing and we all know it has nothing to do with improving the team. As fans we can hope for good uniforms along with a good team and understand they are in no way related. I'm guessing that's why you received some not so nice comments.

I no it's not the best of work but i'm just showing everyone this to give you an idea, what does everyone think of Buffalo moving forward with this even though it is the sabre's logo but maybe we can twist it up a hair,opinions?

:lol::sick:

I no it's not the best of work but i'm just showing everyone this to give you an idea, what does everyone think of Buffalo moving forward with this even though it is the sabre's logo but maybe we can twist it up a hair,opinions?

:thumbdown: Don't like it at all looks like something that the UFL would use.

John,

I enjoy your articles and your posts here but I don't get why you would ask this question. The uniforms are a marketing/sales thing and we all know it has nothing to do with improving the team. As fans we can hope for good uniforms along with a good team and understand they are in no way related. I'm guessing that's why you received some not so nice comments.

I agree with this comment entirely. jw, you asked a question earlier if we would want the Bills to win the Super Bowl wearing all pink uniforms. I say "Hell No!" I want my team to win the Super Bowl looking good. Further, I don't want them to just "barely" win..... I want them to DESTROY the other team! I want a dynasty. I want other teams to look at the schedule and say "Buffalo? Oh damn!" I don't want to be an automatic W for other teams anymore. I want my front office to be actively involved. I want good coaching. I want Pro Bowl players. I want Hall of Famers again. On top of all of that..... I WANT TO LOOK GOOD! I want the sharpest uniforms in the league. I want to be proud of the Bills again..... from top to bottom! That's what being a fan is all about! Wanting it all! So, stick that in your article and print it! lol (jk)

John,

Maybe because it gives all the appearance of a transparent money grab in the face of a lockout work stoppage by the 3rd worst team in the NFL. It's like a line of breakfast cereal that doesn't taste all that good and isn't too healthy coming out in a new box that glows in the dark. They know the kids will want to try it when they run their Saturday morning commercials. (Oh and by the way, the boxes might be empty for a little while. Oh well.)

Maybe because it's a transparent money grab in the face of a lockout work stoppage by the 3rd worst team in the NFL. It's like a line of breakfast cereal that doesn't taste all that good and isn't too healthy coming out in a new box that glows in the dark. They know the kids will want to try it when they run their Saturday morning commercials. (Oh and by the way, the boxes might be empty for a little while. Oh well.)

You seem angry. A tranparent money grab? If I recall, the owners will continue to receive TV money in case of a work stoppage so I don't see the money grab part. Many teams adjust and tweak uniforms every 10 years or so. It is common knowledge that these unis are not popular and many are happy to go back to something close to what we are used to. I can not believe how many are upset over this.

Guys, guys, guys.

I designed those last night and posted them on this very board. The original poster doesn't "know a guy who works for the bills". twitter.com/eric_epp is my account.

These were my interpretation of what I want them to do with the new unis.

This thread made me lol though.

You did good work and should be proud that it's being claimed by someone saying that the Bills are adopting it. I hope they do.

I knew when I saw a name on there that it wasn't REALLY from the Bills but I love how these rumors get started...

To each his own. I love the white helmet and would be happy to see us return to that style.

having grown up with the white helmets I like them too. I also think the buffalo stands out much better against the white background.