Bills announce uniform change

Peter

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever they do come up with will not be anywhere near close enough to be confused with what they have now or the throwback or the 90s Doug Flutie era suits. It's gotta be different enough for you go out and spend your hard earned scratch on the new. I expect it to be something more along the lines of what the Cardinals or Vikings or Falcons have done. I hope I'm wrong, but I think not. Maybe black suits?

But please, no white helmets with the charging buffalo logo.

Edited by reddogblitz

I hated the change to red when they made it...and I recall Fred Smerlas had some hilarious quote about them looking like pansies in the red lids at the time.

White helmet with the charging buffalo is the best lid the team has ever worn, and I'll gladly welcome it back.

I hated the change to red when they made it...and I recall Fred Smerlas had some hilarious quote about them looking like pansies in the red lids at the time.

White helmet with the charging buffalo is the best lid the team has ever worn, and I'll gladly welcome it back.

:thumbsup: Likewise...assuming what you say is true, a rare uniform change I can get behind! Love the white helmets with the charging buffalo...standing still buffalo is cool too, but a little dull, IMO! Always hated the red helmets...

I like the ones Flutie and Frank Reich are wearing. Let's go back to that.

Just say no to white helmets.

Sorry - the red helmets have been pathetic ever since they started wearing them in the vain hope of getting Fergie to stop throwing so many INT's. They look awful.

The rest of the AFC East already has white helmets. Would rather we stick with Red helmets and go back to the early 90's unis.

Breaking news from 1981???

Patsies haven't worn white helmets in a while, Dorkington.

They're not going to go back to the 90's ones because A. they look to much like the giants and B. They're not "modern enough". I like the idea of a white helmet, add a modernized version (with linings and trims etc.) of the 1960's throwback uniforms and I think you have a classy, relevantly modern jersey.

I like the ones Flutie and Frank Reich are wearing. Let's go back to that.

Just say no to white helmets.

+1

Never liked the white helmets, they are very bland (like the Colts)

I thought the red helmets were the best looking in the league.

I would like to see the red accented in the uni's more.

While I like the throwback uni's, lets do something new and stop dwelling in the past.

Lets see a fresh new design,

+1

Never liked the white helmets, they are very bland (like the Colts)

I thought the red helmets were the best looking in the league.

I would like to see the red accented in the uni's more.

While I like the throwback uni's, lets do something new and stop dwelling in the past.

Lets see a fresh new design,

We are currently wearing "a fresh new design", and we ended up with easily the worst uniforms in the league.

and see, it turns out i can't win for having an opinion and stating it without someone reading in some kind of agenda. i'm not teasing you. in fact, i was fully prepared to end adding to this thread with my "fair enough" comment, before several posters began questioning me and my motives.

now i'm teasing people.

i understand how a uniform change and a team's record can be mutually exclusive. fine. i get that. i still find no reason to be excited about a uniform change. it's not something that will greatly impact my job in covering the team as opposed to whom the Bills draft in April. so, no, i'm not all that excited about a uniform change.

the fact that you as fans are, wonderful.

and some have questioned whether my initial post here was being cynical. well ...

as for cynicism, just look at what some outsiders have tweeted in regards to this news. i saw one tweet read: "Bills change uniforms is like, ugly girl buys new dress."

as someone who eyes the bills from a national perspective, that is the general mood and opinion of those who are not tied to the bills. this franchise is a laughingstock, and would be the NFL's biggest laughingstock if not for the Lions, in my opinion.

i could have been far more cynical and far more mean in my initial post. i merely chose to ask a question and raise a point. that it was construed as being condescending or boorish of me, well, ask yourself this question.

if someone else (and i won't name a poster so not to drag anyone else into this) had raised my point, would they have been called an ass, boring and his/her line of work put in question.

in some ways, you have to understand, that i can't win here even though i was open to having a reasonable discourse. and it's something i continue to attempt to do. so i'm not exactly sure what i have to apologize for by merely raising my opinion.

jw

The TMQ wish list for each NFL team

By Gregg Easterbrook

Page 2

Buffalo -- A complete set of jerseys from the 1990s Super Bowl run. It's no coincidence the Bills have not made the playoffs since switching to the league's ugliest uniforms.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101221_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl