Saints would have offered a 3rd round pick

zevo

It sounds as if a lot of people are laughing at the Bills. ESPN went out of their way to rip the Bills on the Lynch play. They said something to the point of the former Bills RB Marshawn Lynch scores a game winning TD for the Seahawks as the Bills watch from home etc. etc....It's like a welcoming party for everyone who wants to rip the Bills organization and put them in their place...?

Is it a fact that Lynch is the former Bills running back? Does he currently play for the Seashawks? Are the Bills watching from home. Yes, yes, and yes. Who the hell cares, he was here and he no longer is. I liked beastmode myself, but we went in a different direction, get over it. Do you really think that a multi-million dollar corporation (ESPN) is concerned about taking shots at the Bills... Probably not so much. Do/Did they talk like this with every other team in every other sport that sucks like we have, again the answer is yes. Can we get a emoticon that is pulling out a Kleenex and giving it to another emoticon?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently the saints wanted Lynch and would have given up atleast a 3rd rounder

If that's true, it was pretty stupid not to deal him back in April, but if we were only getting a 3rd for him, I don't know if that's any better than a 4th in this draft and a "?" (5th?) next year.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Not exactly correct. Buddy was not actively shopping Lynch as hard as many thought he should or might have.

Lynch's Availability

It's early, but after one year of Buddy as GM, there are serious questions about his ability to handle being a NFL GM.

Nix as GM ranks about 29th in the NFL at this point. As far as I am concerned this is a make or break year for him. The Bills need multiple players this year at key positions. The village idiot could have success with the top five players in this draft. The key is going to be getting good players in the rest of the draft and in free agency. they need to come out of this year with five new guys at critical positions who can play. I don't care if it's the draft or free agency or trades. To date I am not impressed with the personnel side of this regime. If our GM is not the,"smartest guy in room", then he needs to make up for it with hard work and dedication to the task along with leadership. He needs to take strong positions on players and cajole a tight fisted and reluctant management team to ante up. A lot of fans are disgruntled and many others are on the verge of walking away from this mess.

Edited by Trader

glazer said it on national television

So what.

Glazer. Schein. Lacanfora. They are entertainers. If they knew more about football, they'd be in football. Just because they have the assistant clubhouse manager on speed dial doesn't mean they know anything. They might have a little knowledge, but you know what they say about that....

I love the people who think this was a Jay Glazer conspiracy to make the Bills look bad.

Even better is the idea that every other team's GM should be doing the legwork finding out how much the Bills want for Lynch.

Sorry folks, but this is why you don't give the GM job to a 71-year old first timer. If Grampy had the good sense to run an auction, he would have been elevated to a GM job when he was actually still working age.

Easy for them to say now that Lynch's run embarassed their team's weak arm tackling and ended their season. This report is a joke. Everyone that follows football knows we were shopping Lynch for a long time, this wasn't a quick trade by any means. The Saints owner probably said "hey why didn't we end up getting this Lynch guy he seems pretty good, didn't we try to trade for him? And the front office guys said "yeah we sure did boss, but they wouldn't trade him to us even though we offered a 3rd round pick" to cover their asses, if it was even said at all.

Lynch wanted out, his agent was pushing the trade with anybody and so was Nix. Green Bay played around for awhile too but Nix pulled the trigger with the best offer out there. Plus that 2nd conditional pick might be decent if Lynch get the carries and yards that dictate the pick round.

That was a great run by Lynch at the perfect time for his team. I still wouldn't trade him for Freddy in a million years though.

I love the people who think this was a Jay Glazer conspiracy to make the Bills look bad.

Even better is the idea that every other team's GM should be doing the legwork finding out how much the Bills want for Lynch.

Sorry folks, but this is why you don't give the GM job to a 71-year old first timer. If Grampy had the good sense to run an auction, he would have been elevated to a GM job when he was actually still working age.

No actually, that's not it at all. Most people believe that the Saints fed Glazer disinformation. I have no doubt what Glazer reported is what what the Saints told him. I think that the saints are the liars here, and this is nothing but sour grapes because Lynch steamrolled their asses out of the playoffs.

If the Saints wanted him that bad, they would have called and offered their 3rd, which they didn't. Thats how making an offer works. If you're going to buy a house, you actually have to make an offer. You can't simply tell the seller/retailer to accept other offers but to call you at the very end and you'll beat it. You actually have to make an offer.

While hiring Cooter was a mistake, it doesn't matter one bit in terms of the big picture. Until this team has a new owner and guys like Littman, Overdorf and Modrak are shown the door, nothing will change...NOTHING.

Edited by LabattBlue

It sounds as if a lot of people are laughing at the Bills. ESPN went out of their way to rip the Bills on the Lynch play. They said something to the point of the former Bills RB Marshawn Lynch scores a game winning TD for the Seahawks as the Bills watch from home etc. etc....It's like a welcoming party for everyone who wants to rip the Bills organization and put them in their place...?

If only the Bills could have traded themselves into NFC Werst, where 7-9 is good enough to win the division/make the playoffs. <_<

Edited by Doc

i call nonsense on this .....i bet New Orleans best offer was a 4th.....maybe internally they were thinking they might go as high as a 3rd.....but i bet that was NEVER communicated to the Bill's.

this.

the real focus shouldn't be on the Bills FO, but on the Saints. No one has said Buddy turned down a third and instead accepted a 4th and 6th from Seattle. If the Saints were that interested in ML, they would have made sure the Bills knew it. Everyone in the league knew MS was being shopped. Seattle called repeatedly. The Saints didn't. Too bad for them.

This whole "the Saints would've given a 3rd for Lynch" story doesn't come out until now? And why is that? Because it's likely bull crap. The person who leaked this is mad because the Saints are now watching the rest of the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes because of Marshawn. If they wanted him that bad they would've called us and offered the 3rd, not waited until Lynch had one of the most memorable runs in playoff history to let this slip out. :doh:

This whole "the Saints would've given a 3rd for Lynch" story doesn't come out until now? And why is that? Because it's likely bull crap. The person who leaked this is mad because the Saints are now watching the rest of the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes because of Marshawn. If they wanted him that bad they would've called us and offered the 3rd, not waited until Lynch had one of the most memorable runs in playoff history to let this slip out. :doh:

What he said!

This whole thing stinks like ****! But of course its something bad about the Bills, so everyone on here believes its true.

I do NOT blame the front office on this one. In fact, I think they held onto Lynch longer than they should have trying to get the best return.

I think this is sour grapes on the Saints' part. The Bills made no secret that they were trying to trade Marshawn -- and even showcased him in games in hopes of driving up his trade value. I suspect that we will hear a similar report out of Green Bay next week, when they get knocked out of the playoffs by the Falcons due to their inability to run the ball.

There must be a sale on kool-aid today. Glazer is good, and I'm sure he's not making this up. The Bills' front office is nothing to write home about, which should be apparent by now.

Uh, ok. If he was that "good" why is this coming out 3 months after the fact?

Hopefully people here can get past the Lynch thing. Here's a newsflash, up until that ONE sick run on Saturday, people in Seattle were disappointed with Lynch. His usual statline was 18 carries for 58 yards or whatever. Just a few weeks earlier he had two brutal fumbles at New Orleans that cost Seattle any chance to win. He had one great run last weekend but overall, I'd much rather have the draft pick we got because Lynch is not going to be a special player for them over the long haul.