Saints would have offered a 3rd round pick

zevo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just said the saints would have given us a third for Marshawn if we had called them before we made any deals. Pretty sweet front office we have.

If they wanted him they couldve called too. Everyone knew he was available for a mid round pick. If the fans did, every gm did too. I know people in the saints building that say this is untrue. Not janitors, but not Mickey loomis either.

Edited by NoSaint

According to Jay Glazer on Fox NFL Sunday....The Saints informed the Bills that they would have offered their 3rd round pick this year for Lynch. Nice due diligence Buddy!!! :wallbash:

This front office has been far from perfect, and has already made some questionable calls, but I'll just say this...

If the Saints wanted Lynch, and it was widely known that the Bills were shopping him, then why didn't they call the Bills with an offer? Just sayin'.

Sure, NOW they say they would have given a 3rd. :rolleyes:

Talk, over a half year later and after getting your ass kicked by a guy, is cheap. Next time pick up the damn phone and call yourself.

Edited by Doc

Saw that as well. The Bills are a joke :lol:

It was also nice to watch players like Cromartie, Hali, Ngata and Mangold (all players the Bills could have chosen instead of Whitner) make a big impact on the games this week.

all they had to do was pick up the phone and call.

And he knows this how, exactly?? Pure speculation. The Bills received a 4th this year and a conditional pick in 2012. You're talking the difference between a 3rd & 4th, not a 3rd & 7th. At the beginning of the year, would you not have thought that the Saints' 3rd would be a low end pick and the Seahawks' 4th a high end pick? Fairly close, no? Plus you get an additional pick from Seattle in '12. And you want everyone fired? Good grief. I'll take the two picks from Seattle over New Orleans' 3rd any day.

Who is Jay Glazer? Really. Who is he?

At least half of what we hear is BS. I would suggest this belongs in that half.

Use your freakin' heads. Why would they not take a 3rd instead of a 4th? Glaser is a jerk and is wrong as much as he's right. But let's all pile on the FO. Don't beleive everything you read for crissake....

This front office has been far from perfect, and has already made some questionable calls, but I'll just say this...

If the Saints wanted Lynch, and it was widely known that the Bills were shopping him, then why didn't they call the Bills with an offer? Just sayin'.

Not exactly correct. Buddy was not actively shopping Lynch as hard as many thought he should or might have.

Lynch's Availability

It's early, but after one year of Buddy as GM, there are serious questions about his ability to handle being a NFL GM.