Saints would have offered a 3rd round pick

zevo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a FO should be criticized then it should be the Saints'. If you have a considerable amount of interest in a commodity then the buyer should be the one who pursues it, not the seller. It's ironic that Lynch landed up putting the final nail in the Saints' play-off coffin. How appropiate was that??!!! LOL! I question the timing of this purported newsflash.

If a FO should be criticized then it should be the Saints'. If you have a considerable amount of interest in a commodity then the buyer should be the one who pursues it, not the seller. It's ironic that Lynch landed up putting the final nail in the Saints' play-off coffin. How appropiate was that??!!! LOL! I question the timing of this purported newsflash.

stop apologizing for the bills management. you have some sort of connection to someone in power in the organization, we get it

Was it necessary for additional piling on the Bills today?

I don't remember anybody writing anything around the time of that trade about the Saints having interest. At the time, didn't they have a good RB situation? Green Bay was the team that was mentioned as wanting Lynch. Turns out the guy from Buffalo in Green Bay had a good game today too.

I believe if the Saints wanted Marshawn Lynch badly enough to give up a 3rd round pick, they would've called Nix and made the deal.

Was Glazer the guy who declared during July that Favre was retiring? That was stated as factual information by some talking head, and turned out to be BS too.

Glazer is the best information man in the biz.

No he's not. He's actually always right.

Predictable from TBD: A connected NFL insider makes a negative comment about a front office that is proven to be dysfunctional and homers attack. Same thing happened in October when Glazer's colleague Adam Schein wrote an outstanding article about this very subject. Schein said Glazer is always on the money as well.

I wonder what it'll take for homers to truly see that the Bills are not held in high regard. Naming a retired HC GM and then replacing him with a marketing guy who was then replaced by a retiree will do that for you.

Sure, NOW they say they would have given a 3rd. :rolleyes:

Talk, over a half year later and after getting your ass kicked by a guy, is cheap. Next time pick up the damn phone and call yourself.

True story. This is a very funny thred. Oh, now we want to talk about we wanted him B.S. lmao Very funny. News made on the field folks.

Yeah, I am thinking this is "after the fact" grumbling by the Saints...I am sure if they would have stuffed Lynch for 25 yards on 15 carries they wouldn't have said anything...

No, he would have reported "the Saints told me that the Bills called wanting more than a 4th for Lynch and they told the Bills to pound sand."

Predictable from TBD: A connected NFL insider makes a negative comment about a front office that is proven to be dysfunctional and homers attack. Same thing happened in October when Glazer's colleague Adam Schein wrote an outstanding article about this very subject. Schein said Glazer is always on the money as well.

I wonder what it'll take for homers to truly see that the Bills are not held in high regard. Naming a retired HC GM and then replacing him with a marketing guy who was then replaced by a retiree will do that for you.

Talk is cheap. This is no more believable than the "the Bills were trying to trade up for Tebow" drivel. Believing what you want isn't limited to Bills homers. :rolleyes:

I hope at some point in the draft the Saints want to make a trade with the bills

and Buddy tells them where to go or better yet, at some point we end up picking one

spot ahead of them and take the guy they want. I think the Saints are going to lose

Gregg Williams to the Broncos. Just a hunch but I could see him wowing Elway just like

he did Donahoe.

Actually, this is old news. It was reported at the time of the trade that Buddy could have got more for Lynch, but he never picked up the phone. The Seahawks front office were actually laughing about it; they just kept calling until Buddy caved one day and simply agreed to their offer as it was given.

Truth that I heard this at the time of the trade.

Might be truth that the Seahawks kept calling. Might be truth they were laughing about it.

I doubt it's truth "they just kept calling until Buddy caved one day".

Oct 3rd was the Bills-Jets game. Bills got their butts whipped. Looked really bad - looked like they were starting to "phone it in", too.

Marshawn Lynch rushed 4 times for 8 yards (1 time for 5 yds, 3 times for 1 yd) and fumbled.

Fitz rushed 7 times for 74 yards. Threw blocks. Put his shoulder down running. No INTs, no fumbles.

Chan was visibly angry in his presser. Said we were a bad football team.

Oct 5th Lynch was gone.

I suspect there was some precipitating incident or incidents - on the sidelines during the game, or after the game b4 the locker room opened, or during a Monday meeting.

Something that made Chan think not only was Lynch not putting forth honest effort, but he was spreading a bad attitude or being a poor influence on the younger players.

I think Chan walked quietly into Buddy's office, shut the door, and said "He needs to be gone. Now is more important than how. Get'r done."

That's pure speculation, but it fits the timing and makes far more sense than "they kept calling and one day Buddy caved".

And in fact, a former player on the board at the time said something kinda similar - that the Bills had got rid of a "locker room virus".

Not wanting to dis on Marshawn during his 15 minutes. It is a fact with 4 games here, he was on track for a 656 yd season, which is clearly below his prev. capabilities.

And in fact, that's pretty well where he wound up - 3.5 yds/carry, 573 yds for the 'hawks.

Whatever, he done good in the playoffs. I hope the spotlights and attention revive his dedication to the game and he returns to 1000 yd season form.

Glazer said that the Saints expressed interest to the Bills and told them to call if they were going to trade Lynch. There is no way that if somebody said that, the natural response for anybody in that kind of position would be; "If I have interest in trading him might depend on your offer. Make me an offer, and we'll go from there." Also...no way anybody in sales, which a GM is, doesn't go for the bump.

People can say what they want about Nix, but I have a feeling this is BS.

stop apologizing for the bills management. you have some sort of connection to someone in power in the organization, we get it

Apologizing?? I'm not apologizing about anything. I think that it's ridiculous that an organization supposedly expressed interest in one of our players that we wanted to trade and that people think that we couldn't be bothered to explore the compensation.

I'm not sure if I should be flattered that you think that I have some sort of connection to someone in power. Why would you even say that?

I heard Glazer's report repeated on Sirius earlier tonight... Jack Arute was laughing at the Bills, and Jim Miller had no excuses to make.

It sounds as if a lot of people are laughing at the Bills. ESPN went out of their way to rip the Bills on the Lynch play. They said something to the point of the former Bills RB Marshawn Lynch scores a game winning TD for the Seahawks as the Bills watch from home etc. etc....It's like a welcoming party for everyone who wants to rip the Bills organization and put them in their place...?

If you want any indication of Buddy's ability watch what happens to the Chargers now that he is gone. I bet they slowly decline as the players he helped draft are gone. It's already started and will continue in San Diego, because AJ Smith is not the guy. Maybe that is part of the reason Merriman signed, because he was there.

Those Charger teams were loaded with pro bowl players, just look at the numbers each year..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Nix