Bills top list of landing spots for Vince Young

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe he'd sign with anyone unless he's promised a shot at he starting position. To do that again could set the team back with a QB competition. I'd be worried about how je'd handy a back up role. I could see him being another BillyJo Holbert who doesn't even study the play book. Not sure how much thought teams even give to back up vrs starters style being in contrast. If you develop a team to be most effective around Fitz strengths, how would it then do with Young in there. Granted switching mid game do to injury etc, could creat a difficult time for defensive game planning.

To me this is nothing more than some hack who know's little of anything about Fitz, sucess or lack there of, depending on your view, seeing a team that only won 4 games, has a QB who wasn't a star, and right away stating that's the most likely place for him to go to. If you do a search you may find a dozen other articles predicting other teams he'll sign with.

i sure hope that doesn't happen. He's jamarcus russel version 2.0.

Probably closer to Michael Vick 2.0 than Jamarcus Russell 2.0. He's better than Brohm, and I'd love to see what Gailey could do with him. If he flakes out, cut him and you haven't lost much. Similar to a Merriman type signing.

Vince Young is an upgrade. Say what you want, but the guy wins football games. Maybe a firm hand at the wheel like Chan and Fitz can straighten him out.

Really he wins football games? Then why has he been benched for 80 Year old Kerry Collins in Tennessee?? If he's such a winner how come they don't keep him and fire Jeff Fisher??? Yeah Sounds like a winner...

Edited by mattsox

As I said yesterday, he has absolutely ZERO leadership qualities. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

What was it like when you played ball with him? What level was that anyway? High School, college? I have heard interviews of former teammates and coaches that say he does possess leadership qualities.

Marginal upgrade at best, and comes with the risk of some MAJOR disruptions to team chemisty (the little they DO have).

PASS.

And personally, Id take a team full of smart, hard playing average talent guys over a team full of of dumb primadonnas with better athletic skills any day.

Edited by RkFast

Really he wins football games? Then why has he been benched for 80 Year old Kerry Collins in Tennessee?? If he's such a winner how come they don't keep him and fire Jeff Fisher??? Yeah Sounds like a winner...

uhm, no, the reason why he was benched in tennessee was because him and jeff fisher did not get along.

He's 30-17 as a starter in the NFL and he was 30-2 in college. He wins more than he loses.

Marginal upgrade at best, and comes with the risk of some MAJOR disruptions to team chemisty (the little they DO have).

PASS>

"Disruptions to team chemistry" are overrated. The Jets are in the playoffs.

??? The jets have ZERO lockeroom issues. ALL their controversy has been outside of the locker room and they are a VERY tight group that buys what Ryan is selling lock, stock and barell.

What was it like when you played ball with him? What level was that anyway? High School, college? I have heard interviews of former teammates and coaches that say he does possess leadership qualities.

Have you read nothing about this guy lately? I didn't see anything that he was a good leader from his Tennessee teammates.

Because according to Sports Illustrated when Collins was drafted, he was the next Troy Aikman :devil:

PASS.

And personally, Id take a team full of smart, hard playing average talent guys over a team full of of dumb primadonnas with better athletic skills any day.

Then your team would keep losing. End of the day, it's about talent. Not saying they should or shouldn't get VY, but he does have talent. He has won games. He has led the Titans to come back wins in the 4th. He has led the Titans to the playoffs. He has a lot of warts too. But you keep plugging away with average talent you get what we as Bills fans have suffered through for ten years. Enough of the hardworking average guys people feel so good about. They are just good enough to get the team nowhere.

Then your team would keep losing. End of the day, it's about talent. Not saying they should or shouldn't get VY, but he does have talent. He has won games. He has led the Titans to come back wins in the 4th. He has led the Titans to the playoffs. He has a lot of warts too. But you keep plugging away with average talent you get what we as Bills fans have suffered through for ten years. Enough of the hardworking average guys people feel so good about. They are just good enough to get the team nowhere.

I'd like to see what Gailey could do with him. After all, people credit Kordell Stewart to Gailey, and I think VY has better talent.

I do understand why people don't want him.

One team's garbage will be another team's garbage.

I live in Nashville currently, and have heard him many times in interviews. I can't believe after hearing some of these interviews that he even has the ability to read. For a position that calls for intelligence and quick thinking, I don't see how he would be a good fit anywhere.

Was that before or after his suicide phase and dissing the coach phase? Whaddya done for me lately Vinnie? Not much. No thanks.

I'm not saying I want him but he was putting up great stats prior to the benching. He's won 2 out of every 3 games he's started as a pro. He had a mixed bag, and teammates, including star receiver Kenny britt came out on his behalf. It's not as cut and dry as you make it sound.

As for the Jamarcus comparisons??? I don't buy it on or off the field. JR was lazy, consistently overweight, and played a completely different style of football. Not to mention his affection for lean. VY has taken on mentorship of mcnairs children, which shows something JR never has. Granted the parties fights and missed meetings raise serious concerns - hence he's available. I don't remember great QBs hitting the market without big ?????? I agree with the mike Vick comparison, and as a disclaimer I think Vick will regress more and more into his old play. With injuries he will be less patient, naturally a hurt arm is less accurate, his interviews get more and more arrogant every week.... I worry long term, as I would worry with VY

The 90s Yankees had a TEAM FULL of "average smart guys" and ONE (maybe two if you count Jeter) all time greats (Rivera).

How many rings?

The 90s Bills had a team full of "ALL TIME GREATS", but werent the smartest group.

How many rings?

Of COURSE overall physical talent is hugely important. But at a position where smarts, gusto and leadership are HUGE factors in success, attributes Fitz has in spades and Young SORLELY lacks, they MUST be taken into account in a big way..

Edited by RkFast

One team's garbage will be another team's garbage.

I live in Nashville currently, and have heard him many times in interviews. I can't believe after hearing some of these interviews that he even has the ability to read. For a position that calls for intelligence and quick thinking, I don't see how he would be a good fit anywhere.

Jim Kelly had about a 8 on the wonderlich too. He's no genius.

The 90s Yankees had a TEAM FULL of "average smart guys" and ONE (maybe two if you count Jeter) all time greats (Rivera).

How many rings?

The 90s Bills had a team full of "ALL TIME GREATS", but werent the smartest group.

How many rings?

Of COURSE overall physical talent is hugely important. But at a position where smarts, gusto and leadership are HUGE factors in success, attributes Fitz has in spades and Young SORLELY lacks, they MUST be taken into account in a big way..

The problem is people chalk up the guys we've had as average. They haven't been for the most part. I can't believe we have threads comparing fitz to Kelly and manning/Brady/brees active right now. Fitz is average and we compare him to HOF qbs. What does that say about the guys we compare to average talent around the league. As a fan base we are so used to bad that we really can't recognize good consistently anymore, and that's sad to me.

When your "average" talent overachieves and isn't even .500 were they really average to begin with?

In a roundabout way, I'm agreeing that a team of good players that are smarter and work harder can keep up with teams a little faster or a little stronger, but we've got to be better then we were.

Edited by NoSaint

You can't coach leadership and mental toughness, essential skills for a QB and a player in general.

The way I see it is if Jeff Fisher can't do it, in years of trying, another old school guy like Chan won't either.

You can't coach leadership and mental toughness, essential skills for a QB and a player in general.

The way I see it is if Jeff Fisher can't do it, in years of trying, another old school guy like Chan won't either.

The debate is how much he tried versus how much he had his mind made up about him already. As far as coaching goes was he a mentor to young if he flat didn't like/respect him? How often do you think JF invited VY to dinner to build the relationship? Or were they both out of the film room and away from each other asap. Sounds silly, makes a difference.

Jamarcus Russell QB rating 65.2

Vince Young QB rating 98.6

Too complete different QB's. I would love to see him in a Bills uniform.

VY 6-5, 230, 4.58 in the 40

JR 6-6, 285, 4.85

Kinda the same? Not really.

Barely, and despite having as much talent as any team in the league. Team chemistry is NOT overrated. And besides, I don't see that much internal turmoil with the Jets. They may get DUIs and sexually harrass women, but they do it as a team.

Jamarcus Russell QB rating 65.2

Vince Young QB rating 98.6

Actually it's 75.7

Edited by KD in CT

98.6 rating this year, 10 tds, 3 picks, had the titans off to a great start. overall winning record as a qb, has gotten the titans into the playoffs before.

id rather go 10-6 with stupid, athletic qb and laugh at his sat scores,

then go 4-12 with a guy that looks cool because he has a beard, wears a wedding ring when he plays, and is admired by broadcasters and internet posters because he went to harvard.

vince young, cj spiller, roscoe parish, steve johnson? are you kidding me? that offense would be fun to watch, fun to read about in the police blotter, and fun to hear chris collinsworth and dan patrick talking about a saturday one year from now as we get ready to travel to oakland for the first game of wild card weekend.

or hey, theres always the alternative,

we could win 5 games next year and have a rousing discourse on how were going to trade up to get luck.

Reading an article on ESPN yesterday had Buffalo as the most likely landing spot for Young. I say sign him and let him compete with Fitz. He has to be an upgrade as a backup anyway.

I read that same article. It had numerous teams on the list of possible "fits" for teams who have a possible need at QB. Here's the link http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/20146/considering-vince-young-landing-spots

No where does it say that it is he is more likely to end up in B-Lo than say Cincy, and the other 10 or so teams on the list.

Edited by STLBILLS15

i sure hope that doesn't happen. He's jamarcus russel version 2.0.

How can you possibly say that? VY has something like a 33-17 record as starter. Does anyone have that stat? He may be a head case but the guy can play ball when his head is right.

Jim Kelly had about a 8 on the wonderlich too. He's no genius.

And Jim got three points just for getting his own name correct.

98.6 rating this year, 10 tds, 3 picks, had the titans off to a great start. overall winning record as a qb, has gotten the titans into the playoffs before.

id rather go 10-6 with stupid, athletic qb and laugh at his sat scores,

then go 4-12 with a guy that looks cool because he has a beard, wears a wedding ring when he plays, and is admired by broadcasters and internet posters because he went to harvard.

vince young, cj spiller, roscoe parish, steve johnson? are you kidding me? that offense would be fun to watch, fun to read about in the police blotter, and fun to hear chris collinsworth and dan patrick talking about a saturday one year from now as we get ready to travel to oakland for the first game of wild card weekend.

or hey, theres always the alternative,

we could win 5 games next year and have a rousing discourse on how were going to trade up to get luck.

YES!! And how much fun would it be watching old coot Bud Adams throw up in his mouth in disgust if we had VY and started winning!!!

Reading an article on ESPN yesterday had Buffalo as the most likely landing spot for Young. I say sign him and let him compete with Fitz. He has to be an upgrade as a backup anyway.

I don't see that happening at all...Young is another case of a athletic star QB who doesn't want to put the work in necessary to succeed in the NFL. Rumors were that there were going to be a lot of trade requests by offensive players if he was back next year with the Titans, that was how much the players had turned against him in the locker room...

Yeah, not exactly the type of player we need here..