Bills top list of landing spots for Vince Young

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that same article. It had numerous teams on the list of possible "fits" for teams who have a possible need at QB. Here's the link http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/20146/considering-vince-young-landing-spots

No where does it say that it is he is more likely to end up in B-Lo than say Cincy, and the other 10 or so teams on the list.

I guess by "Bills top list" he meant alphabetically. :lol:

There is one big thing about VY that people dont seem to see. He stopped trusting his coach...once a coach loses his player, its just about over at that point. For whatever reason, these two didnt gel and when you have that kind of relationship from the coach and the most important position on the team then its not likely going to work out. I am not saying it was Fishers fault or VY's fault, only those 2 really know what the issues are. But, when you lose your player or players as a coach its pretty much a divorce waiting to happen.

I have not been a big VY fan, but I actually think Gailey could be a great fit for the kid and getting his game rounded out. Reid did it with Vick, and honestly, I think Chan is one of the top coaches in this league in bringing out the best in his QB's. He's had success with much less talented QB's then VY, and I think he is the type of player that could flourish in his offense. Seems like it would be a low risk high reward type of situation.

Was that before or after his suicide phase and dissing the coach phase? Whaddya done for me lately Vinnie? Not much. No thanks.

I don't want Young here simply because he's a douche but you obviously didn't see him play the 2nd half of the season and almost lead them to the playoffs after starting the season 0-6.

I don't want Young here simply because he's a douche but you obviously didn't see him play the 2nd half of the season and almost lead them to the playoffs after starting the season 0-6.

The word that sticks out to me in your post is ALMOST. I remember in 2004 when Drew Bledsoe ALMOST led us to the playoffs. What a winner. :wallbash:

The word that sticks out to me in your post is ALMOST. I remember in 2004 when Drew Bledsoe ALMOST led us to the playoffs. What a winner. :wallbash:

Not HIS fault that he wasn't starting and Kerry Collins started off the season 0-6. soooooo....Yeaaaa. He finished the season 8-2 :rolleyes:

Edited by DreReed83

NO NO NO!!! Terrible work ethic. Poor attitude with HC. Not worth it! Unless he paid the Bills to play for them it's a bad deal. Not worth the effort. Maybe if he went to Peyton Manning's football camp he would be worth the look at QB. :wallbash:

what about San Fran? New coach. Ne era. New start?

That's the silliest reply I can even think of.... Handed a 6 game hole to work out of and your giving him a hard time for only winning 8 of 10 to finish? Again - after losing 6 including that 59-0 gem to the pats, at home.

Honestly, dropped on this team, we probably wouldve been .500

Problem is I don't buy that he can win a superbowl unless he really figures himself out, which is rare. If we are adding a qb of the future, I want it to be a future world champion, not a future wild card winner.

One thing that tempts me is I think VY might be able to steal a win against the evil empire in NE. I don't buy this team with fitz doing that.

Truly I think you go with fitz, and hope to get a guy at 3 or 34 to sit a year.

Edited by NoSaint

He'll most likely be a Raider. There now we have conflicting reports. Quick, somone start a thread on a Raiders fan site about it and let's see how long it take for that thread to be cited here on TSW.

Arizona comes to mind

Seriously doubt he comes here. Doesnt seem like a Gailey guy. By that I mean an intelligent QB that can run a more cerebral offense. Young has the IQ of a turnip. I see him rotting somewhere in 3rd string hell on a team like the Redskins.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Vince Young is an upgrade. Say what you want, but the guy wins football games. Maybe a firm hand at the wheel like Chan and Fitz can straighten him out.

I don't want an upgrade. I want a championship. Let the Texans or Raiders sign him . . .

I'd like to see what Gailey could do with him. After all, people credit Kordell Stewart to Gailey, and I think VY has better talent.

I do understand why people don't want him.

I think I agree with this...I just can't forget how amazing this guy was a few years ago when they took down USC in the championship game. He's got a ton of red flags, and he obviously needs to mature, but I'd be a hypocrite saying I didn't want the kid since I put so much emphasis on players who are clutch when it counts.

On the other hand, psych issues scare the hell out of me... :wallbash: