Bills top list of landing spots for Vince Young

ALLEN1QB

However, on February 26, 2006, combine officials said the reported score of six was incorrect. According to NFL Spokesman Steve Alic, "I can tell you absolutely that the score that has been reported on the Internet is inaccurate. I spoke to the person who graded the test, and he assured me that that number was not correct."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one big thing about VY that people dont seem to see. He stopped trusting his coach...once a coach loses his player, its just about over at that point. For whatever reason, these two didnt gel and when you have that kind of relationship from the coach and the most important position on the team then its not likely going to work out. I am not saying it was Fishers fault or VY's fault, only those 2 really know what the issues are. But, when you lose your player or players as a coach its pretty much a divorce waiting to happen.

I have not been a big VY fan, but I actually think Gailey could be a great fit for the kid and getting his game rounded out. Reid did it with Vick, and honestly, I think Chan is one of the top coaches in this league in bringing out the best in his QB's. He's had success with much less talented QB's then VY, and I think he is the type of player that could flourish in his offense. Seems like it would be a low risk high reward type of situation.

Many of us have had situations where we stop trusting our boss and you're right, it's time to move on when that happens.

People with a maturity level past "spoilt teen" deal with it differently than throwing objects at the paying customers and storming out of the office, saying later "it's just me".

When you pull that sh** whoever's fault it was at the start, it's your fault now. Most folks get that one down pretty well by preschool.

The man is a Drama Queen.

Chan's job is to build a winning football team, not to run a rehab center for emotionally stunted, self-centered nitwits with enormous physical gifts.

At best, he'd be an enormous distraction for a team that by all accounts is growing into a band of brothers with common goals.

Many of us have had situations where we stop trusting our boss and you're right, it's time to move on when that happens.

People with a maturity level past "spoilt teen" deal with it differently than throwing objects at the paying customers and storming out of the office, saying later "it's just me".

When you pull that sh** whoever's fault it was at the start, it's your fault now. Most folks get that one down pretty well by preschool.

The man is a Drama Queen.

It's hard to blame him. Here's a guy who has an exceptional 30-17 record as a starter. He brought his team back from an 0-6 start to a 8-2 finish. He led the team to the playoffs. He won offensive rookie fo the year. He has won big games and performed well in them.

And his head coach is starting Kerry Collins, an awful, past-his-prime QB in his place. Bottom line is that VY was never Fisher's guy.

At best, he'd be an enormous distraction for a team that by all accounts is growing into a band of brothers with common goals.

Distract the team from what??? Losing? If he distracts the team from that, I'm fine with it. :)

Probably closer to Michael Vick 2.0 than Jamarcus Russell 2.0. He's better than Brohm, and I'd love to see what Gailey could do with him. If he flakes out, cut him and you haven't lost much. Similar to a Merriman type signing.

Oh, come on. He's not e en close to Vick and may be worse than Russell since he is a quiter...

Vince Young is an upgrade. Say what you want, but the guy wins football games. Maybe a firm hand at the wheel like Chan and Fitz can straighten him out.

I think that Jeff Fisher in Tennessee was a pretty firm hand and that didn't work out so well

for Young.

I don't want Young brought in other than on a low contract try-out basis. The ONLY thing this team

has going for it is teamwork and chemistry and Young could destroy that in a short time if he

was brought in and handed anything. He might destroy it even if he has to compete for a spot.

I think that Jeff Fisher in Tennessee was a pretty firm hand and that didn't work out so well

for Young.

I don't want Young brought in other than on a low contract try-out basis. The ONLY thing this team

has going for it is teamwork and chemistry and Young could destroy that in a short time if he

was brought in and handed anything. He might destroy it even if he has to compete for a spot.

Your right. Too bad he's a suicidal fruitcake. Truly its a shame and a waste of great talent.

That's the silliest reply I can even think of.... Handed a 6 game hole to work out of and your giving him a hard time for only winning 8 of 10 to finish? Again - after losing 6 including that 59-0 gem to the pats, at home.

Honestly, dropped on this team, we probably wouldve been .500

Problem is I don't buy that he can win a superbowl unless he really figures himself out, which is rare. If we are adding a qb of the future, I want it to be a future world champion, not a future wild card winner.

One thing that tempts me is I think VY might be able to steal a win against the evil empire in NE. I don't buy this team with fitz doing that.

Truly I think you go with fitz, and hope to get a guy at 3 or 34 to sit a year.

I'm sorry, I wouldn't want to leave your head spinning with such a silly reply.

Here, I'll try more seriously...

We're talking about the amazing 8-2 run to finish the season after the 0-6 run the Titans began the season with, right? Let's consider this...

Chris Johnson...the man who set the NFL's all-time yards from scrimmage mark that season.

1st 6 games 0-6 record

596 rush yards and 2 TDs (avg 99.3 rush ypg)

126 rec yards and 1 TD (avg 21.0 rec ypg)

722 total yards and 3 TDs (120.3 ypg...0.5 TD/game)

Final 10 games 8-2 record

1,410 rush yards and 12 TDs (141.0 rush ypg)

377 rec yards and 1 TD (37.7 rec ypg)

1,787 total yards and 13 TDs (178.7 ypg and 1.3 TDs/game)

Maybe the Titans fantastic 10 game run to finish the 2009 season was more directly attributed to the absolutely unfathomable run that Chris Johnson went on (which has got to be THE sickest, if not one of the top 3 seasons a RB has ever had) then the very average play of Vince Young during that same stretch...

Vince Young's 2009 season

58.7 comp %, 1,879 pass yards, 10 TDs-7 INTs

281 rush yards and 2 TDs

I didn't mean to be so silly earlier.

:oops:

I'm sorry, I wouldn't want to leave your head spinning with such a silly reply.

Here, I'll try more seriously...

We're talking about the amazing 8-2 run to finish the season after the 0-6 run the Titans began the season with, right? Let's consider this...

Chris Johnson...the man who set the NFL's all-time yards from scrimmage mark that season.

1st 6 games 0-6 record

596 rush yards and 2 TDs (avg 99.3 rush ypg)

126 rec yards and 1 TD (avg 21.0 rec ypg)

722 total yards and 3 TDs (120.3 ypg...0.5 TD/game)

Final 10 games 8-2 record

1,410 rush yards and 12 TDs (141.0 rush ypg)

377 rec yards and 1 TD (37.7 rec ypg)

1,787 total yards and 13 TDs (178.7 ypg and 1.3 TDs/game)

Maybe the Titans fantastic 10 game run to finish the 2009 season was more directly attributed to the absolutely unfathomable run that Chris Johnson went on (which has got to be THE sickest, if not one of the top 3 seasons a RB has ever had) then the very average play of Vince Young during that same stretch...

Vince Young's 2009 season

58.7 comp %, 1,879 pass yards, 10 TDs-7 INTs

281 rush yards and 2 TDs

I didn't mean to be so silly earlier.

:oops:

How do you explain his 98.6 QB rating 10TD/3INT season this year?

How do you explain his 98.6 QB rating 10TD/3INT season this year?

...and his 5-5 record? Pristine. :wallbash:

What I was getting at was everyone was saying how he led the Titans on an 8-2 run to end last year, and I thought it was more related to the season that Chris Johnson had than anything. And with his "amazing" stats this year he had a .500 record.

And by the way, his 98.6 QB rating was attained by averaging 15 atts and 9 comps a game. INCREDIBLE!!! :oops:

And what he usually lacks passing-wise he makes up for his running abilities, right? Try 125 rush yards and no TDs this year.

Edited by machinegun12

What? ...Go do your reasearch bud, he only lost 3 games and was injured in the redskins game during week 11. You'd wish the Bills went 4-3 in the beginning of the year. If the Titans won at least 3 games with Kerry Collins after VY got injured they'd be in the playoffs.

What? ...Go do your reasearch bud, he only lost 3 games and was injured in the redskins game during week 11. You'd wish the Bills went 4-3 in the beginning of the year. If the Titans won at least 3 games with Kerry Collins after VY got injured they'd be in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/gamelogs?id=YOU617196

I did my research. Thanks.

Sorry, he doesn't get credit for the wins vs Jax and Phi, seeing he attempted 5 passes vs Jax and none vs Philly. Guess I didn't look close enough. So he was actually 3-5 in games that he played a significant part of. Thanks for proving my point further. :nana:

Edited by machinegun12

What I was getting at was everyone was saying how he led the Titans on an 8-2 run to end last year, and I thought it was more related to the season that Chris Johnson had than anything. And with his "amazing" stats this year he had a .500 record.

And by the way, his 98.6 QB rating was attained by averaging 15 atts and 9 comps a game. INCREDIBLE!!! :oops:

And what he usually lacks passing-wise he makes up for his running abilities, right? Try 125 rush yards and no TDs this year.

EDIT:

http://www.nfl.com/p...gs?id=YOU617196

I did my research. Thanks.

9/15 is pretty incredible. I believe the coaches call the plays, not the QB. The Titans are a run-first team.

By the link you posted, he went 4-4. The redskins game he was injured so technically 4-3 in games he's finished and lets not forget his career winning record.

Edited by BuffalooByrd

9/15 is pretty incredible. I believe the coaches call the plays, not the QB. The Titans are a run-first team.

By the link you posted, he went 5-4. Can't distinguish between games played, and games started?

So you would say that being a running team, their success/failure hinges on the running game and not the play of their QB, huh? Wow, the point I've been making ALL ALONG. :rolleyes:

Are you nuts, you're not giving him a loss vs Wash because he didn't finish the game but you give him the wins vs Jax and Philly which he threw a total of 5 passes? OK.

Edited by machinegun12