Bills top list of landing spots for Vince Young

ALLEN1QB

So you would say that being a running team, their success/failure hinges on the running game and not the play of their QB, huh? Wow, the point I've been making ALL ALONG. :rolleyes:

Yup, the Falcons are a running team too and I'm sure you'll say Matt Ryan had nothing to do with their success.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a team that by all accounts is growing into a band of brothers with common goals

You are also an optimist about our team?

You are highly perceptive and pick up on the subtlest of indications?

Sheesh, with a screen name like "Hopeful", now who woulda thunk maybe I'm positive or optimistic? :devil:

I really like what I hear in interviews and on the sidelines. They say they're like brothers, there's a good atmosphere and so forth, their body language says they believe it, I'll take them at their word. Ya gotta have something goin' on to not quit after 0 and 8. That doesn't mean I think we're winners. Attitude takes you only so far, talent and good coaching also needs.

Whatever I am, I'm not optimistic enough to think DramaBoy Young would improve the team chemistry or furnish anything but a major distraction.

I'd be open to bringing him in.

I think Chan can deal with him, and you have Fitzpatrick as a great guide too. Let him and Fitz battle for the starting position, if he plays as well as he shown he can, it could be a significant improvement for the Bills, if not, then its not a huge waste. And we can use our draft picks on Defense, OL and TE instead.

Dude: the first prerequisite for being a great guide is....someone who wants to be guided.

Vince Young has evinced a desire to be guided....how?

I'm sorry, I wouldn't want to leave your head spinning with such a silly reply.

Here, I'll try more seriously...

We're talking about the amazing 8-2 run to finish the season after the 0-6 run the Titans began the season with, right? Let's consider this...

Chris Johnson...the man who set the NFL's all-time yards from scrimmage mark that season.

1st 6 games 0-6 record

596 rush yards and 2 TDs (avg 99.3 rush ypg)

126 rec yards and 1 TD (avg 21.0 rec ypg)

722 total yards and 3 TDs (120.3 ypg...0.5 TD/game)

Final 10 games 8-2 record

1,410 rush yards and 12 TDs (141.0 rush ypg)

377 rec yards and 1 TD (37.7 rec ypg)

1,787 total yards and 13 TDs (178.7 ypg and 1.3 TDs/game)

Maybe the Titans fantastic 10 game run to finish the 2009 season was more directly attributed to the absolutely unfathomable run that Chris Johnson went on (which has got to be THE sickest, if not one of the top 3 seasons a RB has ever had) then the very average play of Vince Young during that same stretch...

Vince Young's 2009 season

58.7 comp %, 1,879 pass yards, 10 TDs-7 INTs

281 rush yards and 2 TDs

I didn't mean to be so silly earlier.

:oops:

See, I'll accept that argument even if I only partially agree with it. Saying he wasn't worth a shot cause they didn't close that playoff run was just senseless. Has anyone ever made the playoffs from a hole like that? Yet alone in a division like there's?

Now do you think that having a mobile dual threat qb that linebackers had to watch helped that run for CJ?

It's hard to blame him. Here's a guy who has an exceptional 30-17 record as a starter. He brought his team back from an 0-6 start to a 8-2 finish. He led the team to the playoffs. He won offensive rookie fo the year. He has won big games and performed well in them.

Could you help me understand the love?

Vince Young's career stats: Vince Stats

Overall in his career, I see 57.9% completion percentage, lifetime QB rating 75.7, 42 TD and 42 INTs (3.5%), ave 150 yds/game passing, ave 26.5 yds/game rushing.

One postseason game, lost it. What big games (in the NFL) has he won?

He's also listed as playing 54 games so I'm not sure how the 30-17 record corresponds?

I'm trying to be fair here; it seems to me if these stats were Fitz we'd throw him in the trash as not "good enough to win it all", leaving alone all the head issues.

Help me understand how, if he weren't drafted #3 overall in 2006, we'd be talking about him?

OK, he has a winning record. Very nice. Can we agree that one can't lay the W-L record entirely on the QB?

Everyone seems to feel there's a good bit of talent on that Titans team.

I can certainly agree the QB is the most important position on the team, but with similar QB stats, maybe the rest of the Titans team has something to do with the W-L record?

In fact, lifetime stats are very similar to Fitz (57.8%, QB rat 73.0, 44 TD and 42 INTs (3.6%), ave 169 yds/game passing, ave 18.5 yds/game rushing, and even his detractors seem to agree Fitz has balls, guts, a head for the game, and leadership.

Dude: the first prerequisite for being a great guide is....someone who wants to be guided.

Vince Young has evinced a desire to be guided....how?

He hasn't.

But he's also been coached by one guy who he hasn't gotten along with. Ever have one job, where you got no where because you and your boss didn't really mesh? Then the next job you made great strides because you and your boss were on the same page?

That could happen when he changes scenery.

That might also not happen.

Nothing is 100% predictable. I think Vince Young is less of a chance than wasting our 3rd pick on a rookie. He's relatively young, he's proven to be talented and successful at the NFL level. If he's available for us at a decent price, lets grab him and spend the draft and FA focusing on defense, OL and TE. :)

If he's not, we move on, no biggie.

He hasn't.

But he's also been coached by one guy who he hasn't gotten along with. Ever have one job, where you got no where because you and your boss didn't really mesh? Then the next job you made great strides because you and your boss were on the same page?

That could happen when he changes scenery.

That might also not happen.

Nothing is 100% predictable. I think Vince Young is less of a chance than wasting our 3rd pick on a rookie. He's relatively young, he's proven to be talented and successful at the NFL level. If he's available for us at a decent price, lets grab him and spend the draft and FA focusing on defense, OL and TE. :)

If he's not, we move on, no biggie.

Good points, Dorkington. I know exactly the situation of which you speak.

I can also look at it and say "here and here and here are places I could have handled this type of situation better" I don't see that from Young: "it's just me"

The diff. between VY and the situation you describe is also the apparent total lack of awareness that it isn't just about him, it impacts the team and is not fair to them.

I also see your point about proven NFL player vs. a 3rd pick.

To me the "biggie" is it only takes a few people who "aren't with the program" to shift the attitude and atmosphere in an office, much less on a team in a sport which takes a steep physical toll every week. Handling a "drama queen" can take a lot of coaching attention that could be more productively directed towards developing steady contributors.

I guess I'd see it as worth the risk if his stats were overall better, but they're really very Fitz-ian. Yeah, he shows flashes of brilliance - so does Fitz.

He wins, but how much of that is the rest of the team?

Good points, Dorkington. I know exactly the situation of which you speak.

I can also look at it and say "here and here and here are places I could have handled this type of situation better" I don't see that from Young: "it's just me"

The diff. between VY and the situation you describe is also the apparent total lack of awareness that it isn't just about him, it impacts the team and is not fair to them.

I also see your point about proven NFL player vs. a 3rd pick.

To me the "biggie" is it only takes a few people who "aren't with the program" to shift the attitude and atmosphere in an office, much less on a team in a sport which takes a steep physical toll every week. Handling a "drama queen" can take a lot of coaching attention that could be more productively directed towards developing steady contributors.

I guess I'd see it as worth the risk if his stats were overall better, but they're really very Fitz-ian. Yeah, he shows flashes of brilliance - so does Fitz.

He wins, but how much of that is the rest of the team?

Yeah, I'm definitely not talking him up as having the greatest career so far, which is why I've always said if the price is fair. I wouldn't break the bank on him at this point.

I think he has more potential than Fitz, personally... and this year he was doing pretty well until all the drama happened.

I also think the Bills handle drama better than most teams.