A visual as to why

Thoner7

This play caught a ton of flack. Was it catchable? Yes. Was it high and behind the WR? Yes. Is this a ball that is routinely caught in the NFL? No.

When throwing a slant pass the ball can not slow the WR down and it most certainly cannot be high. That is one of the very simple basics of quarterbacking. This pass was high and did not lead the WR. Being slightly behind the WR allowed the DB to make a play on the ball and resulted in the WR not catching it. It was high which made it a tough catch and the reason the S was able to pick it off. If the ball was leading the WR and at waist height or lower like it should have been, the DB cannot make a play on the ball and even if SJ doesnt catch it, it wouldnt have been picked. That is why I put the blame on this pick on Fitz.

This is why I am always complaining about Fitz's accuracy. This is why I dont feel confident in him being able to take us to the playoffs. This is the same reason why I dont liek Mallet as a prospect.

We are 0-3 in overtime, and dont have a good record in the 4th Qrter either. A poorly placed pass, like this one, like the one vrs KC, like the one vrs Balt, they play a huge part in why we are 2-9. If he cannot take us to the Playoffs, he is not my QB of the future.

ok I have a picture here that I tired to upload but it didnt work? Any advice?

Dude. Stop. Seriously. He threw a beautiful 45 yard TD pass in OT that was dropped. End of story. I recommend not responding.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This play caught a ton of flack. Was it catchable? Yes. Was it high and behind the WR? Yes. Is this a ball that is routinely caught in the NFL? No.

When throwing a slant pass the ball can not slow the WR down and it most certainly cannot be high. That is one of the very simple basics of quarterbacking. This pass was high and did not lead the WR. Being slightly behind the WR allowed the DB to make a play on the ball and resulted in the WR not catching it. It was high which made it a tough catch and the reason the S was able to pick it off. If the ball was leading the WR and at waist height or lower like it should have been, the DB cannot make a play on the ball and even if SJ doesnt catch it, it wouldnt have been picked. That is why I put the blame on this pick on Fitz.

This is why I am always complaining about Fitz's accuracy. This is why I dont feel confident in him being able to take us to the playoffs. This is the same reason why I dont liek Mallet as a prospect.

We are 0-3 in overtime, and dont have a good record in the 4th Qrter either. A poorly placed pass, like this one, like the one vrs KC, like the one vrs Balt, they play a huge part in why we are 2-9. If he cannot take us to the Playoffs, he is not my QB of the future.

You were one of those guys that thought Rob :censored: Johnson was a good QB weren't you come on you can tell us , you won't get any more ridicule than you will over this stupid :censored: post !!!!!

It may have been high or maybe Stevie was supposed to take two more steps up field before the break but cheated his route and blew the timing. We don't know these things for sure. The whole accuracy issue is bogus in my book. Trent was constantly throwing sideways to stationery targets and people were convinced he was poised and accurate. Now we are watching a QB throw the ball down the field to moving targets with plenty of YAC potential but requiring precise timing between QB and receiver. It's football worth watching.

It rarely happens in any game where one can say with absolute certainty that if A player makes X play, it's a win and not a loss. In this instance, that is what happened. I also think he dropped the pass at the 2 that Troy P. intercepted. Not a great pass but hit him in both hands and he needs to make that catch. Plus the 4-5 others he dropped.

He did make a couple valuable first downs and catches so it wasn't an entirely horrible game however much he was singularly responsible for a loss with that easy drop.

That said, it's enormously encouraging that even though to a man the Steelers DBs said before the game thqat Johnson is good and they have to watch him, he was wide open all day. He does it against everyone. It's possible he will be an All Pro WR regardless of the dropsies if he can continue to get open like that. It's just sick. He's very clever running routes. He's going to be very good, if he's not already despite the crappy game. And it's wholly wrong to think this last week he started to be a prima donna and it went to his head. He's been like that since he joined the team and I frankly don't see a lot wrong with it. WR are often like that and he's not a jerk about it, he looks like he's having fun out there.

The fact is, he's always been free wheeling, he's always dropped a lot of passes, and he's ALWAYS open, which is the best part of it all.

He just had a bad game. I actually predict he will more likely have another stellar game nect week than have a slump and be spooked by the dropsies.

I also think that Evans dropped that other GREAT CALL and play by Gailey (although I didnt see a replay) rather than it being a poor pass by Fitz. I thought Fitz again proved he could really be the answer. He makes a ton of great decisions and great passes despite his occasional brainfart of a pass. he should have had 300 yards and 2-3 TDs with no turnovers.

At least Johnson did not pull a Ronnie Harmon. There is another thread with a link to his post game news conference and he said he had the game in his hands in OT and dropped it. He had no excuses and said it was something he would never forget. I am referring to the pass that hit him in the numbers in the end zone.

The other pass, he reached for and tipped up. Had he been there alone he may have caught it on the rebound, but other hands were waiting.

I believe he may play a bit more seriously now. His teammates are telling him to shake it off but that is easier said than done.

Go Bills!

Edited by Rockpile

What you are conveniently blind to is that Fitz is a leader. Yeah he makes bad plays but guess what? He leads clutch drives. Go back and play your XBox because it's obvious that's where your football smarts come from.

PTR

+100 Fitz ain't no Payton M. but he has guts and he's a leader. I wish he would learn to slide feet first, but I guess he's just following in the footsteps of JK!!

Side note, I'm going to Buffalo on Sat. and I'm stopping at the UB bookstore. The shirts, hats, and hoodies we bought 10 years ago are a little under the weather. Do you have any suggestions for new stuff?

- I have come to the conclusion that there are just some folks on here that wont admit when they are wrong....and will defend anything they post on her to the death even if it makes them look silly. I myself dont do that because I can admit when I am wrong....because ITS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD......but some cannot.

- Ryan Fitzpatrick has pretty much done everything that has been asked of him......despite dropped balls.....not so great pass protection.....and lack of a quality TE.....yet no matter what it will never be good enough because he is not the bright shiny toy.

- Ryan IS next years starter and he had earned that right with his play.....which is good against both poor defenses AND good defenses (Baltimore and now Pittsburg) it does not mean that we dont need a QB because Fitz takes some wicked shots and is a couragous QB......but to take a 1st rounder when it is so obvious that 1st round pick needs to go to the defense.

If I am Nix I am looking to trade down from that 3-4 pick.....pick up Bowers....and look to see if we can pick up the added pick for a QB for Fitz to mentor. Get a RT that does not require a double team and a Tight End in here.

QB is not a problem for this team....and if it aint broke dont fix it.

We had multiple chance to put away today's game and came up short. The offense did not help out the defense in any way. I wish this coaching staff will realize why they need to involve Fred Jackson in this offense and build around him rather than the other way around.

Amen. Despite Fitz's play, I'd still vote for Freddie as the O's MVP. They should've tried to run FJ more for sure.

We are 0-3 in overtime because...

1. A questionable non-call on lack of forward progress leading to a fumble.

2. That stupid freezing the kicker tactic, after Lindell made the first field goal.

3. A dropped perfectly thrown TD pass.

4. a crappy defense that can't get out of it's own way

UB has definitely modernized some of their school athletic wear. I'm sure you'll see something you'll like. Is there a basketball game this weekend?

PTR

Don't know, I'm comming from Miami, but my wife and I are UB alums, 1978, and we met in 1977. You do know what happened in the winter of 1977 don't you? I'm going to go to the student club in the Elicott complex, sit down, and have a beer.

Yes it hit him in the hands, I said that, but witha 6 foot wingspan it could be anywhere in a 6 foot diameter and technically "hit him in the hands" It was a bad pass. If you can post images let me know

http://www.nfl.com/g...bills#tab:watch

Fitz is such a leader....leading us to another lose.

And PS I dont own an xbox

While I have also noted often that Fitz accuracy is an issue, yet the tip ball for a pick was a catchable ball. Great throw mo, but it wasn't way behind, or too far in front, over over his head, or thrown into the ground. The WR must make that play in the RZ. Sadly, Johnson didn't today. I have loved what Johnson has done lately, but the cold hard truth is that he sucked today.

Fitz hurt the Bills with picks against The Raven (2 late picks), against the Chiefs (late), and late against the Bears, yet today's was on Johnson who has to make that play.

That pass was completely catchable by an NFL receiver. Hit him in the hands. If he had caught that he either takes it in for the TD OR we have it inside the 5. This one was unforgivable on Johnson. He cost us the game the first time on this one. I think the Bills should launch an investigation to see if Johnson has some gambling debts or something.

This games all on Johnson.

Here is some advice, you are dead wrong! The ball couldn't have been better thrown that last one was all Stevie.

I don't understand why so many are attacking the original poster. You may not agree with

his assessment that Fitzpatrick is too inaccurate, but the post was articluate and stated

an opinion.

I haven't completely made up my mind regarding Fitzpatrick, but I do think that he throws

a lot of passes that aren't really where they should be. He has a lot that sail high and

some are pretty wide of their target. That isn't to say that he never throws dead-on

accurate passes (as he did to Johnson in the end zone in OT).

Is Fitzpatrick the reason that they are losing this year? No. Is he the answer going

forward? I don't know, but if he is, unless he improves his accuracy he will be at best

the 3rd best QB in this 4 team division (behind Brady and Sanchez).

Fitz is my guy for at least the next season! Smart, understands the offense; stands in the pocket under fire, but will run when the opportunity presents itself; leads his team to the point of elevating those around him; calmly deals with adversity, then works to improve...Yeah, he's my kind of QB. The Bills should be so lucky as to draft the QB of the future with those attributes.

Fitz is my guy for at least the next season! Smart, understands the offense; stands in the pocket under fire, but will run when the opportunity presents itself; leads his team to the point of elevating those around him; calmly deals with adversity, then works to improve...Yeah, he's my kind of QB. The Bills should be so lucky as to draft the QB of the future with those attributes.

Well stated, Keuka. Fitz misses sometimes on his throws, but understands defenses and line calls. He's a surgeon.

I don't understand why so many are attacking the original poster. You may not agree with

his assessment that Fitzpatrick is too inaccurate, but the post was articluate and stated

an opinion.

I haven't completely made up my mind regarding Fitzpatrick, but I do think that he throws

a lot of passes that aren't really where they should be. He has a lot that sail high and

some are pretty wide of their target. That isn't to say that he never throws dead-on

accurate passes (as he did to Johnson in the end zone in OT).

Is Fitzpatrick the reason that they are losing this year? No. Is he the answer going

forward? I don't know, but if he is, unless he improves his accuracy he will be at best

the 3rd best QB in this 4 team division (behind Brady and Sanchez).

You and the original poster are a couple of frikkin morons. Fitzpatrick may throw a few off target during a game, but that in and of itself DOES NOT MEAN HE'S INACCURATE YOU DUNCES!! Right now, Fitzpatrick is much better than Sanchez, and in a year or two Tom Brady will start thinking about his face, mental capacity later in life, keeping up with his sprite supermodel wife and he'll retire early from the NFL. The Bills are clearly on the rise, have their best QB since Kelly and you two guys are obsessing over the occasional off target throw. Like some other poster here mentioned, why don't you two knuckleheads go root for Peyton Manning and the Colts, because that's the ridiculous gold standard you've set for any Bills QB that would be worthy of your goofball support.

Edited by 1billsfan