Empty stadium

PromoTheRobot

I talked to a family member at the game, he said it reminds him of the Carolina Panthers vs. Buffalo game in Greg Williams first year...that game had less than 17,000 peeps by the 3rd qaurter!

I am sure the place emptied out because the Bills fell behind by more than 2TDs... then came back to win. One of the few legitimate highlights of that season!

Wow. I don't think I've been to a Bills game this badly attended in ages.

PTR

looks better than it did in 84 and 85 when there only about 25,000 fans in the seats. Remember the back to back 2 and 14 seasons so it could be a lot worse Mr PTR.

looks better than it did in 84 and 85 when there only about 25,000 fans in the seats. Remember the back to back 2 and 14 seasons so it could be a lot worse Mr PTR.

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson puts a lousy product on the field week after week, year after year.

But Bills fans still fork over their money to Wilson.

So, what is the incentive for him to improve the team? Why should he spend money?

Answer - there is no incentive for Wilson to improve the team. So, he won't improve the team. Bills fans still fork over their money.

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson puts a lousy product on the field week after week, year after year.

So, what is the incentive for him to improve the team? Why should he spend money?

Answer - there is no incentive for Wilson to improve the team. So, he won't improve the team. Bills fans still fork over their money.

So you're saying Bills fans still fork over their money?

I wish I had an answer for you I just don't know what RW'S plans are. :

They need to do something to improve getting through the gates. Brutal. You have to get there at noon to get in by game time.

Has to be the tightest security in the NFL. Dude even wanted to see under my Bills cap. Pointed to the cookies in my binoc (no case) carry bag and asked "what are those?" Ummmm.....those are cookies you dufus, Christmas cookies...see all the green & red stuff on the top of them. Followed by a full pat-down...WTF and IM an old f..., grey haired white guy. Maybe they had to balance out their harassment numbers....remember no terrorist profiling. Oh wait lets harass old white guys wearing a Bills sweatshirt & jacket. Thankfully we arrived early so there were maybe 50 people in line behind us. What's next full body scanners? If a terrorist wanted to cause harm they could do it without going through Mr. rent-a-cop. Is security as tight in other NFL stadiums? Oh and the entrance we have to go through is for Club & Suite members only.

Walked past Wilson's box today and I don't think he is lasting much longer. Wow, he looks really really weak...

I'm sure he has his good and bad days - if it was sunny and warm, he'd probably seem more robust. Just the fact that, at 92, he's still ambulatory and able to travel to the games from his home in Detroit is pretty impressive.

Announced at over 56k for the game on a bad day for a team 0-8 vs a tema that is 2-6. I'd say a great turnout given the conditions and the game. Great showing by the Bills faithful!

And the Lions faithful. Apparently a lot of them were there as well.

Lower bowl looked pretty full on TV anyway.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I was at the game. I will go to the next one and I will renew my seasons next year. If you don't want to go thats your choice. But don't tell me that because I choose to buy seasons that I'm the reason that there is no winning football in WNY. Keep not buying tickets, please... Because the more of you who don't, means I have a better chance of moving to better seating. I go because I have a great experience at the game whether the Bills win or lose. I always want them to win. But I put things into perspective and say...Hey, lets tailgate, have fun being together..and if the Bills win....Bonus.....The games are fun..the fans are usually obnoxious,and to me, part of the fun. But you do what you want...And I'll do what I want...But don't accuse me of fostering a losing atmosphere....

Has to be the tightest security in the NFL. Dude even wanted to see under my Bills cap. Pointed to the cookies in my binoc (no case) carry bag and asked "what are those?" Ummmm.....those are cookies you dufus, Christmas cookies...see all the green & red stuff on the top of them. Followed by a full pat-down...WTF and IM an old f..., grey haired white guy. Maybe they had to balance out their harassment numbers....remember no terrorist profiling. Oh wait lets harass old white guys wearing a Bills sweatshirt & jacket. Thankfully we arrived early so there were maybe 50 people in line behind us. What's next full body scanners? If a terrorist wanted to cause harm they could do it without going through Mr. rent-a-cop. Is security as tight in other NFL stadiums? Oh and the entrance we have to go through is for Club & Suite members only.

Interesting. I was at the Pacquiao - Margarito fight Saturday in Dallas and my friends and I were amazed at how lax the security was. Just a token pat down and a question or two. Couldv'e easily smuggled in any small weapon or worse.

seemed empty to begin with, but as time went on, things filled out. Got good and loud at the end too. :)

Fairly good crowd in the Paul McGuire club where IM at. Didn't really check out the Van Miller Club on the other side of the Press Box but the Jim Kelly club was almost empty and upper deck on that side was maybe half full. Many empty seats.

You are right though, we were loud :thumbsup:

The lower bowl was most of the Game. I saw 2 or 3 sections in the upper deck that were pretty empty and the JK club was fairly empty too. Considering how crappy that weather was and a combined record of 2 and 14 to start the game? Id say it was a great turnout and we were loud. louder than any other games this season i think.

I enjoyed talking to Lions fans too. Had no trouble with any of them and they were just happy to be at the game. One lions fan told me the atmosphere at the game was awesome and he enjoyed being there. Said it was a nice stadium too :thumbsup:

They need to do something to improve getting through the gates. Brutal. You have to get there at noon to get in by game time.

I've only been to a handful of games at RWS in my life, but I've never had a problem getting through. My experience every time has been walk up to the guy, hold your arms out in the crucifix pose, and he gives you a quick pat down. The only time it's been anything more than that is when I bring a bag of blankets or extra clothes to a winter game, and he asks you to open the bag.

I was at the game yesterday and our seats are right near Ralph's box. I think something happened (like he fell) because he had one hell of a black eye and it seemed to be swelling up worse as the game went on. He was putting ice on it and was wearing sunglasses in the second half (in the pouring rain). Has anyone heard anything about that?

I was at the game yesterday and our seats are right near Ralph's box. I think something happened (like he fell) because he had one hell of a black eye and it seemed to be swelling up worse as the game went on. He was putting ice on it and was wearing sunglasses in the second half (in the pouring rain). Has anyone heard anything about that?

Per Brad Riter show Monday Ralph Wilson was not at the game Sunday. Did you see Ralph at the game Sunday?

your comments are so ridiculous its not funny. Ralph spends money just because you want him to act like that id-ot in washington who signs every name free agent then cuts them and throws his money away does not mean he does not spend money.

you obviously dont get it. you should say he does not waste money on washed up players just like nix said was going to be the plan.

Edited by oak tree 12

Interesting. I was at the Pacquiao - Margarito fight Saturday in Dallas and my friends and I were amazed at how lax the security was. Just a token pat down and a question or two. Couldv'e easily smuggled in any small weapon or worse.

Was that a great fight or what? How was it to see it live? Pacquiao is so damn fast, Margarito's face was destoyed after the fight.

I was at the game. I will go to the next one and I will renew my seasons next year. If you don't want to go thats your choice. But don't tell me that because I choose to buy seasons that I'm the reason that there is no winning football in WNY. Keep not buying tickets, please... Because the more of you who don't, means I have a better chance of moving to better seating. I go because I have a great experience at the game whether the Bills win or lose. I always want them to win. But I put things into perspective and say...Hey, lets tailgate, have fun being together..and if the Bills win....Bonus.....The games are fun..the fans are usually obnoxious,and to me, part of the fun. But you do what you want...And I'll do what I want...But don't accuse me of fostering a losing atmosphere....

anyone who accuses you of that should never be allowed to reproduce...because the world doesn't need anyone to be that stupid and ignorant. It's like they think the Bills aren't trying to win...if there was a guaranteed method to winning, they'd be doing it...same as everyone else

Per Brad Riter show Monday Ralph Wilson was not at the game Sunday. Did you see Ralph at the game Sunday?

I sit two rows in front of his box and he was defintitely there. In fact some guys moved down from the upper deck and sat next to us and I pointed Ralph out to them. I'm assuming at this point his black eye was no big deal or we would have heard about it. Just makes you nervous to see someone of his age look like that.