SI Has Luck Coming Out

truth on hold

Andrew Luck

Stanford

Luck is graded as the top quarterback prospect by just about everyone and considered the consensus number one choice, with good reason. He’s the complete package and offers the physical talents, mental intangibles and leadership skills to be a franchise quarterback at the next level. Expect Luck, a redshirt sophomore, to enter the draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1011/nfl-2011-draft-preview-top-10-quarterbacks/content.1.html#ixzz1515mBAN6

That's fantastic news!!!!

Now, let's all hope the Bills lose the rest of their games because some numb-skull threw that last toss-off sentence into his column before his deadline! :wallbash:

(Or does anyone really think Tony Pauline actually has some factual basis for the statement, or some inside scoop from the Luck camp? :rolleyes:)

Here's to keeping our fingers crossed.

Be careful for what you ask for...I still wouldn't take a college QB until he has more of a history. Locker was the man at the begining, Id rather go after Vick in FA and draft OL & Def playmakers this year. IMHO, a good (rather short) college career doesn't guarantee a franchise NFL QB.

Now, let's all hope the Bills lose the rest of their games because some numb-skull threw that last toss-off sentence into his column before his deadline! :wallbash:

(Or does anyone really think Tony Pauline actually has some factual basis for the statement, or some inside scoop from the Luck camp? :rolleyes:)

This team needs real difference-makers. Having very early draft picks is the best way to get them! If the Bills pick first overall and Luck declares, they should grab Luck. Obviously. If Luck doesn't declare, I assure you there will be some other elite difference-maker available for them to take first overall.

It's just obvious to any sports-knowledgable person that Luck will in all likelihood come out. All the stars are aligning.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I want the Bills to get the first overall pick, but I don't want them to become the 2nd team to go 0-16. I can see the Cowboys winning another game, but Carolina's best bet against Seattle, although that game is in Seattle. It might just come down to SOS.

Ok Ive havent been following the Luck kid, because I thought he wouldnt come out..... Is he really all that??

Is he the man?

Another thing,... Dallas, Detroit and Carolina all have Qbs, even if we drop, we'll still get this guy.

Good DNA, Dad was a NFL QB then a GM... Luck was a validictorian at his hs.

Grew up in London and Germany.... Some cold weather....

He is 6'4 235 lbs,.... Young Redshirt sophamore,..... I Cant see him coming out

Ok Ive havent been following the Luck kid, because I thought he wouldnt come out..... Is he really all that??

Is he the man?

Another thing,... Dallas, Detroit and Carolina all have Qbs, even if we drop, we'll still get this guy.

Good DNA, Dad was a NFL QB then a GM... Luck was a validictorian at his hs.

Grew up in London and Germany.... Some cold weather....

He is 6'4 235 lbs,.... Young Redshirt sophamore,..... I Cant see him coming out

I'm confused by how you replied to yourself; it sounds like a 2nd poster responding to the comment of the 1st poster. Is this proof that you have multiple screen names and forgot to sign in as your other identity?

:blink:

Andrew Luck

Stanford

Luck is graded as the top quarterback prospect by just about everyone and considered the consensus number one choice, with good reason. He’s the complete package and offers the physical talents, mental intangibles and leadership skills to be a franchise quarterback at the next level. Expect Luck, a redshirt sophomore, to enter the draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1011/nfl-2011-draft-preview-top-10-quarterbacks/content.1.html#ixzz1515mBAN6

I'm not buying this yet. It's just conjecture by whoever wrote the article that he's declaring.

Until I hear it from Andrew himself, I won't believe it.

I'm confused by how you replied to yourself; it sounds like a 2nd poster responding to the comment of the 1st poster. Is this proof that you have multiple screen names and forgot to sign in as your other identity?

I'd say yes.......First he doesn't know a thing about him, and then he knows all about him!

I'd say yes.......First he doesn't know a thing about him, and then he knows all about him!

According to the timestamp on the two posts he went from 0-to-60 on Andrew Luck info in 5 minutes! I wonder which identity he intended to use? Or how many others he also has...

If that's the case, poor form. :thumbdown:

I cannot pick out a single game the rest of the year I think we will win, but I am sure we will win 1 or 2 because of how close our last few have been.

The prob is, Carolina seems to be much worse than we are, and with our SOS, if we tie with them we pick second... in which case we are FUUUUUUUUUUUUKED

0-16!!!

I cannot pick out a single game the rest of the year I think we will win, but I am sure we will win 1 or 2 because of how close our last few have been.

The prob is, Carolina seems to be much worse than we are, and with our SOS, if we tie with them we pick second... in which case we are FUUUUUUUUUUUUKED

0-16!!!

You'll recall that the Panthers took Clausen in the second round of last year's draft. Just because everyone on these boards is writing him off after a few bad games, doesn't mean the Panthers' front office has decided to do the same. Rookie quarterbacks often take time to develop. One of Peyton Manning's rookie performances prompted

Assuming the Panthers don't decide to give up on Clausen after just one year, the Bills should be okay even if they win a game. That said, I admit I don't like the idea of risking so much (Luck) on the decision-making process of some other team (Panthers).

You'll recall that the Panthers took Clausen in the second round of last year's draft. Just because everyone on these boards is writing him off after a few bad games, doesn't mean the Panthers' front office has decided to do the same. Rookie quarterbacks often take time to develop. One of Peyton Manning's rookie performances prompted

Assuming the Panthers don't decide to give up on Clausen after just one year, the Bills should be okay even if they win a game. That said, I admit I don't like the idea of risking so much (Luck) on the decision-making process of some other team (Panthers).

Not sure, but I don't think that was Manning's rookie year.

0-16!!!

Thats why I hope all the teams we played against lose every game too. That weakens our SOS and improves our draft order

Surprised Pat Devlin isn't on the list.

OK Mrs Devlin, let it go. I get it that Flacco did this, and Devlin's put up good numbers, but come on, he couldn't start at Penn State, not exactly Quarterback U! Moreover, he doesn't have the size or arm of an NFL QB. At best, he's destined to be a free agent signing, and will be a practice squad player for some team next year.

Love Devlin. Have seen him twp times now, he tore up my Richmond Spiders this year.

But would we have to lose every game to get him? :unsure:

If not, he must not be any good.

Problem is their best games came with Stafford @ QB. All accounts say he's out Sunday.

I do not freakin' believe this - there are people who actually DO want the Bills to lose on Sunday? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::death:

Edited by The Senator

With a prospect like Luck, Carolina wouldn't think twice about drafting him & sending Clausen to the bench or away. There's a big difference between a 2nd round flyer and the #1 pick. You're always looking to get an elite QB in there. Clausen's draft status & play so far hardly would give Carolina the feeling they landed an elite QB when they drafted Clausen.

Now let's say your premise is correct & Carolina loves Clausen. In that case they will trade the pick, since I'm sure there will be plenty of teams offering them just about anything to get Luck.

So, either way, if we don't have the #1 pick, we're not going to get Luck.

No, I just did a little research,.... And I want others opinions... I dont have a split personality.

I hate to be the negative one on this because it would be great of we could pick up a guy that has his talent

(lord knows we need one)

But i think even if he does come out he may pull a Elli Manning move and say he doesn't want to come to Buffalo , which would really stink !1 The only way he comes is if Ralph really opens up the bank & although Ralphy really wants a franchise QB i don't think he'll be willing to pay what it takes to bring him home .

If he is all they say he is he will demand at least what Bradford got & probably more !! So this year will be very interesting when the draft roles around .

Is he the man?

Yes

But i think even if he does come out he may pull a Elli Manning move and say he doesn't want to come to Buffalo

I think that's nonsense.

Starting off your new professional career by going to work for a guy who's had as much success with lesser QB's as Chan Gailey has would be a very wise way to begin your career path.

If there's no problems as a result of labor issues or a sliding rookie cap I can see Luck leaning toward coming out.

Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Jamarcus Russell. Not saying we shouldn't go after Luck, and I get that there are also Peyton Mannings, Phillip Rivers, and Matt Ryans out there, I'm just saying be careful what you wish for especially when we currently have a QB doing very well and other glaring needs that we could draft for.

Edited by Talley56