Shawn Nelson MVP

What a play at the end of the game to secure the loss by Shawn Nelson! He literally may have saved the entire season with that fumble.

In a week where Carolina and Cleveland suffered key victories, the Bills now stand alone atop the draft mountain.

The Ravens clearly got caught asleep at the wheel. They were already looking past Buffalo, and couldn't take them seriously. The Bills, on the other hand, were fired up and motivated by all this UFL talk.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that Fitzpatrick is the answer or that this team is on the doorstep of something great, they still need to rebuild entirely.

The Bills gave their best effort today, and the Ravens gave one of their worst - and it still wasn't enough to get a win.

This team is miles away and desperately needs that number one draft pick. Thank you Shawn Nelson for getting us one step closer.

+1

-1, dead on, so funny to read people are actually excited after today, like we found our answer, thought after 12 years of the same exact script people would be a little more realistic, but it seems you and I are in the minority here, refreshing to see there is some sanity left on this board

What a play at the end of the game to secure the loss by Shawn Nelson! He literally may have saved the entire season with that fumble.

In a week where Carolina and Cleveland suffered key victories, the Bills now stand alone atop the draft mountain.

The Ravens clearly got caught asleep at the wheel. They were already looking past Buffalo, and couldn't take them seriously. The Bills, on the other hand, were fired up and motivated by all this UFL talk.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that Fitzpatrick is the answer or that this team is on the doorstep of something great, they still need to rebuild entirely.

The Bills gave their best effort today, and the Ravens gave one of their worst - and it still wasn't enough to get a win.

This team is miles away and desperately needs that number one draft pick. Thank you Shawn Nelson for getting us one step closer.

Stop sniffin the glue!

How long is he supposed to hold on to the ball when physically held aloft by a defender, with several others beating on him and trying to rip the ball away? Plays like that are exactly why the "stopped his forward progress" rule was invented. And yet it wasn't called. That sucks, but it's not Shawn Nelson's fault.

On the bright side, Chris Kelsay got knocked on his ass on 20% of his snaps today, which represents a season low. Good call on that extension.

Youre kidding. Do you really think that the referees werent cheating that game? You can only get over soo many really bad calls. The bills did great and they were the better team on that field period. Baltimore gave there best and it shows it aint really that much unless the refs are helping you.

Well, fwiw, I learned that there is still some housecleaning to do on this team, some of the youngest players need to step up more, but I also learned that there are some players on this team. The needed overhaul is not as daunting as it seemed only a couple of weeks ago.

It's still about linebackers.

It's still about a pass rush.

You should be thanking Ray Lewis, not Shawn Nelson. Lewis got the troops fired up after we went up 24-10 and then led by example - He ripped the ball out of Nelson's hands to essentially end the game in OT.

Dude, just stop posting...the utter nonsense you spew onto this board makes you look like a fool...in the word's of the great Mr. T, "I pitty the foo!" Watch the whole play again numb nutts...if Levitre and Hangman don't hoist Nelson atop their shoulders to push the pile forward, while wasting precious seconds, forward progress was stopped and we get a whistle...In my opinion, forward progress was stopped and the whistle should have been blown, but it's the Bills, so no such luck...can't help but to disagree with the "no catch" rule on Corner's INT too.

Sorry dudes but I think next year's QB draft is gonna be like last year's. One quality NFL guy like Bradford. (Luck) We need that pick and we arent gonna get it by winning games. When I watch the game I want us to win, but once it's over I'm glad for the future of this team that we lost.

Im using my head not my heart here.

Well, fwiw, I learned that there is still some housecleaning to do on this team, some of the youngest players need to step up more, but I also learned that there are some players on this team. The needed overhaul is not as daunting as it seemed only a couple of weeks ago.

It's still about linebackers.

It's still about a pass rush.

More than anything, the idea that we need a defensive leader (LB or D Line) to step up was cemented in my head when (this was my first B-More game live) I watched Ray Lewis come out of the tunnel. He just oozes leadership and motivation, and you saw it again when he was firing up the defense when they were down 24-10. We need a guy to lead this defense (Poz is a good starting linebacker if there is a Ray Lewis type LB next to him).

Actually thought Whitner's drop was the key play of the game. Could have put us up 3 touchdowns.

Can't fault him too much, because he had 3 TD's but Lee dropped a pass down the right sideline with not a single person in front of him for a 55 Yd TD that would have been another big one to have.

Sorry dudes but I think next year's QB draft is gonna be like last year's. One quality NFL guy like Bradford. (Luck) We need that pick and we arent gonna get it by winning games. When I watch the game I want us to win, but once it's over I'm glad for the future of this team that we lost.

I agree somewhat -- I'm not sure there is a Sam Bradford in this draft -- just alot of Jimmy Clausen's.

I hate you

regardless of the dropped int from whitner, he blew hard all day. he was a huge liability. we need to draft defense

That was an exceptionally key loss for the team. In a season where you have literally zero chance to make the playoffs, each and every win works against the goals of your team.

But, playing good is nice. That game should be a blueprint for what the Bills attempt the rest of the season. Play well, find a way to lose, and clean up the mess.

Also, sour grapes on the whole complaining about the refs thing. Corner didn't make the catch (there is no force out rule any longer - you need two feet in the field of play which he didn't have). Nelson was being lifted forward by his own team, thus maintaining forward movement. Bad on him for not holding on/being strong enough to hold on.

Fitzpatrick played decently, but just not quite good enough for the win with a couple key mistakes. He'll still make an exceptional backup quarterback and mentor for our rookie QB to learn behind.

Everyone hates losing, but to be fair, you do have some valid points. This franchise has been spinning its wheels with no results for nearly 20 years. People like to think about the Superbowl years like they were yesterday, but they were not. They were ages ago. We have been a sub-mediocre team since then. We have had many 7-9 seasons and many draft positions in the teens. Is this really what people want again? We need an elite quarterback. Fitz is a very good QB at best. He is not elite and he is not Jimbo. He is not going to be the guy who is going to get us to th playoffs for the next 10 years. He is good enough to win us 7-9 games though. He is not a franchise QB like Manning or Brady. I repeat, is this what people really want?

We may have a very rare opportunity come this off-season, a #1 pick. We need to use this on a Manning or a Brady. We should not be abandoning the idea of drafting a QB because we have found a journeyman QB that has played decently the last 4 games. And remember, elite/great QBs always find ways to win. Sure, Fitz can suit up for the defense, but he can certainly help our defense by keeping them off the field.

Edited by kas23

Just go away dude. We're going to be a top 3 pick anyways and the other teams aren't taking a QB. You're clearly not a fan if you liked Nelson fumbling in OT and want the Bills to lose.

Can't fault him too much, because he had 3 TD's but Lee dropped a pass down the right sideline with not a single person in front of him for a 55 Yd TD that would have been another big one to have.

That was not a drop - it just nipped his fingertips. It was overthrown and essentially uncatchable.

Welcome to the ignore user list!

Seriosly GO AWAY! You are a the last thing this board needs! Why would you praise a Loss? Your not a Bills fan GO AWAY

If you think other teams aren't going to be looking QB after this season, you are mistaken.

Satan :devil: ?

Jeez...I am getting so tired of reading your gloom and doom threads. The Bills actually put together a half-way decent game, giving the fans something to smile about, and you immediately post a negative thread about Shawn Nelson losing the game for us. Reading your posts make me want to go find a ledge somewhere and take a swan dive into the pavement. Please do all of us a favor. Throw your computer out the window, and go back to torturing animals or whatever it is you do when you are not spreading filth on the message boards. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The Bills actually put together a half-way decent game, giving the fans something to smile about, and you immediately post a negative thread about Shawn Nelson losing the game for us.

You smile over losses?

Nelson losing that game is a positive thing, this is a positive thread. The team only gets better if it can obtain an elite-level franchise QB, and this game was another step in that direction. If you smile at losses and smile at wins, you might as well just accept that losing this year helps the team in the future, because it does.

I will bet you $10,000 that if the Bills are picking #1, Luck does not come out.