Say what you want about this new leadership

Trent had two games....stuck up the joint....they benched him

We all know what we have in Fitz.....he comes out throws for 250 yards with the same group....we make a game of it against the pats....they cut Trent

This new leadership does not care about opinions or what people think....they dont do things based on perceptions outside of the organization. They know Trent is not the guy...they made a move cuz there was not reason to even keep him.....and nobody was going to take him off our hands and give us anything.....

Now we have an open roster spot...I wonder what they will do?

We all know what we have in Fitz.....he comes out throws for 250 yards with the same group....we make a game of it against the pats....they cut Trent

This new leadership does not care about opinions or what people think....they dont do things based on perceptions outside of the organization. They know Trent is not the guy...they made a move cuz there was not reason to even keep him.....and nobody was going to take him off our hands and give us anything.....

Now they need to draft better and fill holes in our defense.

Once a player makes the 53 man roster, their contract is guaranteed for the remainder of the season. So yes Trent will be paid by the bills.

Sorry chief...

Player contracts are not guaranteed; teams are only required to pay on the contract as long as the player remains a member of the team. If the player is cut, or quits, for any reason, the balance of the contract is voided and the player receives no further compensation.

http://askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

Edited by ACor58

What I respect is winning football games. Show me you know how to actually do that Buddy and Chan and I'll have some respect for you. Right now I'm seeing two guys who took a mediocre football team and made it into the worst team in football.

You're kidding right?

This move has Ralph's name written all over it. He definitely didn't want to pay Trent for the remainder of the season.

Um, no. Since he's a vet and was on the roster the first game of the year Ralph is on the hook for his salary the rest of the year. But conspiracy theory is fun!

What I respect is winning football games. Show me you know how to actually do that Buddy and Chan and I'll have some respect for you. Right now I'm seeing two guys who took a mediocre football team and made it into the worst team in football.

Hey captain crusader -- look up the word "rebuilding" and tell me what it means. You clearly don't know.

Guest dog14787

Only problem with this is the move probably came from the top (RW) in my opinion.

That's where your logic is off. Mediocre might as well be worst. Either way a team isn't winning enough. Sometimes you have to weed out the junk and you take a step back to begin moving

forward. The new regime is doing okay for now. Won't happen overnight so save yourself the angst.

Sorry chief...

Player contracts are not guaranteed; teams are only required to pay on the contract as long as the player remains a member of the team. If the player is cut, or quits, for any reason, the balance of the contract is voided and the player receives no further compensation.

http://askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

Correct. However he is on the roster as a Vet and will get his entire years pay if he had additional years on his contract they would not pay.... Which to your post would be "the balance" and therfore no more $$$$

Don't spend your 500k to quick trent....

Correct. However he is on the roster as a Vet and will get his entire years pay if he had additional years on his contract they would not pay.... Which to your post would be "the balance" and therfore no more $$$$

My bad - in that case, I am sure Ralph was against thsi move. Ralph would rather he sell programs then pay him after he fired him.

Guest dog14787

I was wondering if Commander Checkdown's favorite fan would show up today.

Nope, I'm still here and still backing our starting QB, (Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Decisive? More like clueless. Edwards won the starting job in camp, started two games, got benched and then cut. That's ridiculous. A total joke. They didn't see how awful he was in the regular season last year? They tape over games over something? Just another waste of time. They could have released him after last season and drafted a QB higher than the 7th round. So, when Fitzpatrick gets hurt, we are down to Brohm and TBA. Nice.

Yes, spending the entire offseason evaluating QB talent and then just arriving at the obvious conclusion that Trent is no good after two weeks and cutting him from the team is a hallmark of a good front office.

Yes but they didn't get stubborn about it......they realized their mistake quick and took action.

If the Bills would make a trade for Kevin Kolb, you'd have the national media types falling over themselves congratulating Buffalo on a job well done.

The national media are equivalent to somebody who bases all football opinions on playing Madden.

Getting rid of somebody who can't get the job done...is a good enough plan for me as a fan.

In Buffalo you can live well on that for what, 10 years? Throw in a diploma from Stanford and past years salaries and I am guessing that he'll still be able to afford that premium hair gel. I wish him luck, I am glad the franchise is moving on.

Decisive? More like clueless. Edwards won the starting job in camp, started two games, got benched and then cut. That's ridiculous. A total joke. They didn't see how awful he was in the regular season last year? They tape over games over something? Just another waste of time. They could have released him after last season and drafted a QB higher than the 7th round. So, when Fitzpatrick gets hurt, we are down to Brohm and TBA. Nice.

I love it - why do people (all the press, Tim Graham, dope and his lapdog, most posters) want to read so much more into this than there is? We all hoped that TE could be 5-1 TE rather than the other TE. He showed glimpses in preseason, and was given a bye because the old coaching regime was horrible and was given the start. Turned out - whelp - 5-1 TE is not here - in fact - scared TE is what is left. Why cut him? because it is awkward for him and the team to have him around - simple as that.

There were no worthy QB's in last years draft - so Fitz services the team through the year and Brohm is moved up to #2 so he gets the snaps in practices. Again - no space for TE and you get to see if there is anything in Brohm.

All seems reasonable to me.

I think its all Gailey. He wasn't going to do anything big in the off season, he's freakin re-building. He has to see what he has, his way, not how they did under the last coaching regime. We all agree Dick Jaron was terrible, and how could he trust what he saw under him. He got his shot and sucked, let him go and move on! I like the decisiveness. ( I was actually a fan of TE, but I must have had too much kool-aid, His head just aint right)

Unless you're trapped by a boulder at the bottom of a canyon with no other way of getting out or receiving help. Then it's a great idea to avoid dying.

If I'm in that situation I rather perish.. Shouldn't have had my ass there in the first place, I guess like trent shouldn't have been a starter...

You make a good point, but might remember that Edwards only could check down/throw 5 yards or run out of bounds...and Brohm can probably handle that.

It looks like the Bills were hoping that they could salvage something out of Edwards because it was reported that they were trying to trade him since the off-season...but yeah, a waste of time.

I agree.

Why hang onto mediocrity?

I sincerely had hoped Trent would rebound. When the regular season began and the same old Trent came out, and now after seeing Fitz against the hated Pats we have a better idea that our offensive suckitude- atleast in part, had Trent's name attached to it.

Now, Fitz is not the answer. He is a used band-aid of a temporary solution. We will need an infusion of talent at this position (which makes me even more frustrated that Garcia was not signed for 1-2 seasons). Developing Brohm sounds exciting. But I don't get the "big time" feeling from him either.

I think that the Bills need to finish cleaning house and get rid of the idiot responsible for all of these bad picks for the past decade: Tom Modrak.

Improving our scouting ranks will go a long way towards improving our talent on the field.

But for the short term, I like the decision making. It sends a strong message that nobody is safe. Hardy was released. Now Edwards. Players are being rewarded with playing time for effort (Parrish, Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller). This is the true cultural change that the Bills have needed.

Nobody is good enough on this roster to be sacred. Untouchable. They all need to forget about Club Jauron, because that is long gone. Gailey is doing a nice job.

Now I'd like to see the Bills get rid of dead weight Modrak, and I want to see Whaley and Nix work some magic.