nit wit

vegas55

The game was lost today, when the clueless redneck coaching this team, decides to kick a field goal at the end of first half, instead of going for it on fourth and one inch. As if that 3 points was going to hold up against Brady. And Brady gets those 3 points back in 3 plays.

The scrooge owner, after making a 900 million profit on this team/community, still cant bring himself to pay for a real coaching staff. Can we ever have a defensive coordinator who has ever been a defensive coordinator/head coach before? Its always the Bills have a D coordinator who is doing it for the first time. You could tell today. You get what you pay for

The game was lost today, when the clueless redneck coaching this team, decides to kick a field goal at the end of first half, instead of going for it on fourth and one inch. As if that 3 points was going to hold up against Brady. And Brady gets those 3 points back in 3 plays.

The scrooge owner, after making a 900 million profit on this team/community, still cant bring himself to pay for a real coaching staff. Can we ever have a defensive coordinator who has ever been a defensive coordinator/head coach before? Its always the Bills have a D coordinator who is doing it for the first time. You could tell today. You get what you pay for

Is this a joke?

The problem was the bold part, not the part about kicking the field goal. There wasn't even a decision to make about whether to kick; you kick that ball every time. If there was a boneheaded call--and I think it's a pretty big "if" considering that the team was going to take a shot at the end zone on what it thought was first down--it's the timeout.

I'll agree with Vegas in the field goal point. I was at the game and that drove me nuts. That's a losers mentality, going for field goal instead of the 18 inches they needed. You lead people and this team has been lead for the last 10+ years into thinking that always being conservative and kicking field goals is how you win. Well, they continue to prove otherwise. You build a winning mentality by showing your team you have confidence and want to win. And when they kicked off to the Pats, I looked at my friend and said, already livid after the wimp out, that with 18 seconds left, the Bills under the last 4 coaches run once and then to the locker room, but real teams don't waste that time. Sure enough, the Pats used the 18 seconds to shove a stupid coaching call right down Chan and company's throat.

And any argument for the conservative loser's mentality of "taking the points" was refuted in the second half when the 3-time Super Bowl winning coach went for it on 4th and 5 and eventually turned that into a touchdown.

Problem is with people on this board and the league in general is that everyone has this old school idea of how the game should be played and all follow this stupid maxims like "You take the point" when winning coaches take advantage of that stupidity through creativity and playing the odds. The odds are in the team's favor when you need 18 inches. Sorry if that's hard to comprehend but the average play in the NFL is more than 18 inches, which means the odds are in favor of going for it.

The issue here is one of psychology and culture and Chan had a chance to change the losing culture and defeatist attitude by making this team earn that first down and start building a winner through gaining confidence in situations like that. They get laughed at on the field for good reason.

Losers like the Bills find a way to lose, winners throw convention out the window and find a way to win. So if you guys like losing conservatively, you're rooting for the right team.

Get a Grip!!! I would have loved to see it but then we would not have been close at the end if we got stuffed...Take the points....

PER BIO In 2003, Edwards was named the defensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins after serving as the assistant defensive coordinator/ linebackers coach the previous year.

You are either really stupid, or an !@#$ trying to stir up ****.

You are either really stupid, or an !@#$ trying to stir up ****.

Well according to you i am stupid, but the Bills decided to settle for three and by games end the Pats scored 38; so who is stupid. As if going for it with 4th and inches would have been such a bad decison. If you are too stupid, and i mean stupid, to understand what a bad decision that was, then stay off of this board

Losers like the Bills find a way to lose, winners throw convention out the window and find a way to win. So if you guys like losing conservatively, you're rooting for the right team.

We should try something unconventional like videotaping other teams practices and try to steal signals like Bellicheat. Nothing like an asterisk next to your whole franchise!

Edited by benderbender

OK, so lets assume they go for it and do get the first down. Did they still have a time out, left I don't recall. Likely the play would have been a running play so you then would have to call a time out, assuming hey still had one, that may have been their last. So now you have maybe 23 seconds left to try and do something. Any play that end on the field, you're in serious trouble of even being able to get the field goal team out in time. If there was over a minute left, I'd tend to agree but with 28 seconds and likely counting down, the field goal was the best choice as little time let to do much of anything anyway.

THIS is Trolling.

Try making sense. Try doing it without being obnoxious and mean -spirited. Try making a point without name-calling and insult-throwing. Maybe then, someone will listen.

Well according to you i am stupid, but the Bills decided to settle for three and by games end the Pats scored 38; so who is stupid. As if going for it with 4th and inches would have been such a bad decison. If you are too stupid, and i mean stupid, to understand what a bad decision that was, then stay off of this board

If not for terrible prevent defense, the field goal has them ahead at the half... but I guess that would be for losers. Going for it in that situation is exactly what a team without anything to lose would do, and is an admission that they're already desperate, and while it's probably true, it's not a great message to send, either. This decision could be argued both ways. Personally, if I thought they had a shot this season, I'd say take the FG and play some D, but knowing that they probably don't I'd say "WTF, take the chance." Players can see that, too, I'd bet.

I'll agree with Vegas in the field goal point. I was at the game and that drove me nuts. That's a losers mentality, going for field goal instead of the 18 inches they needed. You lead people and this team has been lead for the last 10+ years into thinking that always being conservative and kicking field goals is how you win. Well, they continue to prove otherwise. You build a winning mentality by showing your team you have confidence and want to win. And when they kicked off to the Pats, I looked at my friend and said, already livid after the wimp out, that with 18 seconds left, the Bills under the last 4 coaches run once and then to the locker room, but real teams don't waste that time. Sure enough, the Pats used the 18 seconds to shove a stupid coaching call right down Chan and company's throat.

And any argument for the conservative loser's mentality of "taking the points" was refuted in the second half when the 3-time Super Bowl winning coach went for it on 4th and 5 and eventually turned that into a touchdown.

Problem is with people on this board and the league in general is that everyone has this old school idea of how the game should be played and all follow this stupid maxims like "You take the point" when winning coaches take advantage of that stupidity through creativity and playing the odds. The odds are in the team's favor when you need 18 inches. Sorry if that's hard to comprehend but the average play in the NFL is more than 18 inches, which means the odds are in favor of going for it.

The issue here is one of psychology and culture and Chan had a chance to change the losing culture and defeatist attitude by making this team earn that first down and start building a winner through gaining confidence in situations like that. They get laughed at on the field for good reason.

+ 2 or 3

I totally agree with you and the ops original thread, though I think Gailey is a good coach and the redneck wasn't called for.

I understand you guys say take the points, but we never beat the freaking patriots. Gailey had a chance , like said above, to change the losing culture and gain confidence. If we make the first down, maybe we get the td. If not we still get the fg and leave them no time to come back and get those points back or the momentum back in their favor. The confidence they would have gained there would have paid huge dividends in this game and down the road. I do feel Gailey blew it there and lost a great opportunity to change this team for the better.

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

I agree with you Vegas. For THIS team, at that point in time, you GO FOR IT! There is no way a FG was going to awe the Pats.......as you can see, they came right back and scored 3 of their own.....this D was not stopping them, so why would you think they would hold the home team down in crunch time before the half....with plenty of time for that team to do exactly what they did. You go for it. Extend your possession, maybe get a TD and take that momentum into the locker room. I know many will say "take the points", but this team needed to start creating a tough identity in this game, right then, no question. Instead, we did what we usually do when we are still competing in a close game with the Pats... we give our "good fight". Not good enough.

Edited by Arrogant Bastard

125 posts and you are trying to dictate who should stay and who should go? Really?

The "clueless redneck coaching this team" has probably forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. He's also made it to more playoff games in his two-year-plus head coaching career than the Bills have in the past ten, but carry on with your trolling. Disagree with his decisions if you want, but keep it about football.

What was really stupid was taking the timeout as soon as the play ended. It was obviously close enough for either a measurement or a review, or both. At that point, you request a measurement, which temporarily stops the clock, and if you get the first down, take a time out, and if you don't get the first down, run the clock down and kick the field goal.

Generally speaking, I think the move there is to go for it, but in our case, I was rooting for the FG, because that's how little faith I have in our O against their D. (Loser mentality, I guess.) We would've run it right up the gut, they would've known exactly what we were going to do, Wilfork would've collapsed the middle of the line, and Lynch or Jackson would've been thrown for a loss. But there's no excuse to kick a FG with 20+ seconds left when you could've kicked it with 4 seconds left.

You're on PCP, admit it.

Normally we would expect trolling from folks that just registered within the past few days or weeks. But it seems we have a troll who has been registered since 2001. Nice.

Generally speaking, I think the move there is to go for it

I agree with much of your post, except for the statement above. Given the score, the field position and time left on the clock, I think most coaches would take the points. Kicking the field goal is the measured and thoughtful move here.

Given that, I was the only one in my group that wanted the team to go for it. I figured by going for it, Chan makes a statement to HIS team. "No more playing not to lose. No more playing it safe." The Bills have been very good in short yardage situations. I know it would be going against traditional logic, but I think the Bills may have to do the unexpected a few times this year.

Now, had they gone for it and failed, I might understand this thread, as kicking the FG is the "right" move in this situation.