Where are all the Jason Peters and Langston Walker Haters?

PDaDdy

Where are all of the geniuses that ran these guys out of town because they thought the Oline was the reason why Edturds stunk. Great job! We are in much better shape now. I'm sure Ralph appreciates your support of his decision to pinch some pennies, save some money and keep us WAY under the cap.

Um, we're right here...

Jason Peters: Peters down again, this time with knee injury

Eagles LT Jason Peters left Sunday's game against the Lions for a second time with an apparent knee injury, but is expected to return. Peters is like the boy that cries wolf. He keeps going down in a heap, screaming in pain, and then getting back up. It fits with his reputation. Sep. 19 - 1:51 pm et

Peters and walker couldn't save this line.... though walker is probably more servicable than green for sure.

I understand buddy not seeing the future of the bills QB and linewise in the draft, but he should have signed more/better stop gap players because green and edwards shouldn't be starting. And if you watched the miami/vikes game, it seems like we should have kept incognito, at least for depth purposes.

Where are all of the geniuses that ran these guys out of town because they thought the Oline was the reason why Edturds stunk. Great job! We are in much better shape now. I'm sure Ralph appreciates your support of his decision to pinch some pennies, save some money and keep us WAY under the cap.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3061&line=182415&spln=1

Right Here:

"Peters is like the boy that cries wolf. He keeps going down in a heap, screaming in pain, and then getting back up. It fits with his reputation"

It humors me that there are people who would rather the Bills suck and be right.

Um, we're right here...

Eagles LT Jason Peters left Sunday's game against the Lions for a second time with an apparent knee injury, but is expected to return. Peters is like the boy that cries wolf. He keeps going down in a heap, screaming in pain, and then getting back up. It fits with his reputation. Sep. 19 - 1:51 pm et

haha beat me to it.

Peters was one of my favorite players and living in South Jersey expose you to a lot of Eagles supporters. I told them they was getting a great addition to there team with Peters, funny how half of them refuse to speak to me now! Peters went from great to decent he is nowhere near the same LT he was with us. But I still can't understand the Walker situation but then again who can understand anything with the Bills anymore!

Peters was one of my favorite players and living in South Jersey expose you to a lot of Eagles supporters. I told them they was getting a great addition to there team with Peters, funny how half of them refuse to speak to me now! Peters went from great to decent he is nowhere near the same LT he was with us. But I still can't understand the Walker situation but then again who can understand anything with the Bills anymore!

Rules and Guidelines

The do's and don'ts of the TBD message boards

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

We got a first rounder for Peters, and with us still being a few years out from playoff contention I think it was a good move to get a young first round OL with a good attitude unlike Jason "me first" Peters. From what I hear he isn't playing up to his salary and that we got the better of that trade. And Langston is out of football I think.

Releasing Walker may be the dumbest move by this team this decade (well, other than the Maybin pick). Here is a guy who allowed like 1 sack the year before, and was a darn good run blocker. Nothing special but guy you never really had to worry about. Then they go move him to LT, and everyone and their mother new he couldn't play LT. After the entire training camp and 4 preseason games, the Bills coaches realized what the average fan picked up on before it even happened. Then, instead of moving him back to RT - where there was a huge ????? - they cut him. Thus leaving us with no Tackles instead of 1. Pure genius.

Releasing Walker may be the dumbest move by this team this decade (well, other than the Maybin pick). Here is a guy who allowed like 1 sack the year before, and was a darn good run blocker. Nothing special but guy you never really had to worry about. Then they go move him to LT, and everyone and their mother new he couldn't play LT. After the entire training camp and 4 preseason games, the Bills coaches realized what the average fan picked up on before it even happened. Then, instead of moving him back to RT - where there was a huge ????? - they cut him. Thus leaving us with no Tackles instead of 1. Pure genius.

They cut him cause he couldn't run the no huddle offence. He wasn't able to keep up and get back to the LOS. What made it such a horrible move was that they then quickly scrapped the no huddle

• 3 weeks later...

Um, fans don't run players out of town. We're not that powerful.

Jason Peters still sucks and would have screwed the team even more with bad play and ridiculus salary.

Peters is fat, lazy, injury prone, overpaid POS and is Walker even starting anymore? Do you really think the O-line would be better with these guys? Come on man, take a whiff of what you are shoveling. The line was BAD when these guys were here..it wasn't all the QB. After Edwards went down the line still played like s hit.

Edited by Azucho98

Let's see: Russ Brandon is still in the Bills front office (although with a vastly reduced role), and I believe Dick Jauron is now the DBs coach in Philadelphia. You were talking about the gentlemen who actually decided to trade one player and release the other, weren't you?

Brandon talking about Peters:

“Here’s a player that we brought in as a undrafted free agent, we developed, we signed to an over-market contract,” Brandon said. “And the one misnomer in that contract was, he had an escalator clause if he would ever move to left tackle. He was not making bottom money at all. He was paid very handsomely. And we told Jason – I personally told Jason – that we would not renegotiate his contract with three years left on it, because he was not our priority. Lee Evans was our priority. I said, ‘You come back to camp, and once we get Lee done, you become a priority.’ The day that we signed Lee, I had him come to my office, and I said, ‘You are now the priority.’ We worked on that for five or six months, and we offered Jason an enormous contract – the largest contract in Bills history – and he had no interest in it. None. That was right at the conclusion of the season.

“From our standpoint, history is the greatest predictor. We felt very strongly that Jason was not going to come back to camp, was not going to participate, and we were going to be in the same situation. And we felt as an organization that we should not do that to you the fans, and to our organization. Coach Jauron mentioned the word cohesion on the offensive line It’s the most important part of our operation, the cohesion in that line. And with that type of atmosphere, you don’t have that cohesion.

“Quite frankly, I was somewhat stunned when you look at some of the trades that happened in the offseason, with Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel going for a second-rounder and some of the other moves that were made. When that first-rounder came available, along with a few other picks, we felt it was the right move, and we were able to do some things along the offensive line. We think we have the offensive line together now for the next five to seven years, if some of our draft picks pan out the way we anticipate they will.”

We're sharpening our pitchforks for the next over-paid, under-performing LT the Bills bring in.

Let's see: Russ Brandon is still in the Bills front office (although with a vastly reduced role), and I believe Dick Jauron is now the DBs coach in Philadelphia. You were talking about the gentlemen who actually decided to trade one player and release the other, weren't you?

Actually, I think Brandon was promoted to from GM to CEO (and should definitely be congratulated for the Peters trade - one of his best moves as a GM). B-)

obviously you dont read a lot.

the fans hate peters and think he is a fat lazy as- after he took the money and his numbers show it.

philly has a terrible line and peters has been giving up double digit sacks with regularity and is also taking some costly penalties that are hurting his team.

do your own research,dont believe me.

Peters is fat, lazy, injury prone, overpaid POS and is Walker even starting anymore? Do you really think the O-line would be better with these guys? Come on man, take a whiff of what you are shoveling. The line was BAD when these guys were here..it wasn't all the QB. After Edwards went down the line still played like s hit.

Thank you for saving me the keystrokes.

Peters wasn't run out of town because he stunk. He was run out of town because he was a lazy, greedy SOB. Oh, and here I am!

Everybody is giving credit to the Bills for running Peters out of town. Actually, Peters never wanted to play here and wrestled the Bills to get his one way ticked out of town.

I dont think there was much Walker hate, I think there was even a lot of surprise when he was cut after the failed LT experiment, general concensus was keep him as RT. Peters. Meh, sure we've gotten worse without him but I still think that wsa a good move, especially when you see what he did and is doing in Philly.

Everybody is giving credit to the Bills for running Peters out of town. Actually, Peters never wanted to play here and wrestled the Bills to get his one way ticked out of town.

This demonstrably incorrect. Specifically, Peter was a UDFA who many were surprised he was not drafted at TE because his soft-hands, TE speed, and nose for the endzone were clear. However, it also appeared clear to even us outside observers that the nose for the endzone he showed likely came from a big ego and a like for being a star.

When he signed here as a UDFA he was in demand from other teams due to his athletic talent and when he signed here it was a clear demonstration of both him choosing to be here. If as you say he never wanted to play here he had tons of opportunities not to come here.

Add to this that he was on the PS when he made the roster (again the real-life set-up with this situation is that a player MUST be cut and can sign anywhere). None of us observers know what the real deal actually was, but we do know that for a second time the Bills chose to resign him and he signed the deal.

Did he have choices to go elsewhere? We do not know for sure. However, we do know for pretty sure that there was interest from other teams when he was a UDFA before this free agency and we do know for pretty sure that the Bills actually signed him off the PS to their active roster as other teams apparently were sniffing around as any PS player can be approached and signed by another team if they are given an active roster spot for the season with their new team.

Peters not only almost certainly chose to be here (a contradiction to your unsupported theory if you want to claim he NEVER wanted to be here)but did so after he was assigned an OL # by the Bills and Mouse MacNally was publicly singing his praises as an OL prospect.

In my mind Peters clearly chose to be here as a UDFA, almost certainly chose to be here when moved to he active roster, and again chose to be here long term when he signed a substantial contract to be at least the RT for the Bills.

I like a lot of your comments but you should admit you are simply wrong in claiming he NEVER wanted to be here and also show some understanding of the facts we outsiders know that YES he played the prima donna demanding the largest contract in Bills history while he was under contract, but the facts demonstrate that this ask though reasonably not given in to was not inconsistent with either his level of achievement in the NFL (whether anyone thinks it was deserved is another thing) nor with the other stupid gift contracts Brandon played a key role in giving to less accomplished OL players like Walker and Dockery.

They cut him cause he couldn't run the no huddle offence. He wasn't able to keep up and get back to the LOS. What made it such a horrible move was that they then quickly scrapped the no huddle

They fire Tom Donahoe and hire Marv Levy (no FO experience) and Russ Brandon (marketing guy with no Football experience) to run the team. Marv leaks out that he really prefers to coach. For several years it is apparent that no one is really at the controls, especially on draft day. Marv quits with one year still on his contract and is not replaced ... Brandon and Jauron "take over".

Jauron is given a new contract after 3 straight 7-9 seasons. Jauron falls out of favor after his team blows a 5-1 start.

Nest season ... It was a complete joke that Dick Jauron's rag-tag offense was even going to try to run the no-huddle as their primary offense. They cut Walker and then cut the OC, just one week before the first game. Jauron is evcentually purged.

After Jauron they start a campaign for a new GM and hopefully a revamped FO. Wilson hires a well known scout from within the ranks because he "didn't recognize any of the other names".

Next they did an "all out coaching search" but all the poor fans ever heard about is all of the coaches that turned down interviews.

They media has been blasting the Bills since the removal of Tom Donahoe but look at the circus that they see.

The Bills deserve the bad press, but the fans do not.

Edited by Bob in STL

Lori, Maybe the departure of Peters was inevitable. It seemed that he and his agent were working on his exit for two years with their hardball negotiating tactics. There is nothing unusual in this leauge that players are moved because of outsized contract demands. What is beyond absurd is knowing what this organization knew about the Peters's stance and believing that Langston Walker or even Bell would be an acceptable option to replace him.

When an OL is unstable common sense tells you that going to a no huddle offense is very risky. The Bills coaching staff took an acceptable RT (Walker) and moved him to a position where he was not suitable. Then they cut him leaving the team with no reasonable backup options at RT and the guard positions.

When the owner selected Levy and then Brandon to be the primary football decision-makers for this organization the results were inevitable. The accumulation of bad personnel decisions has crippled this organization.

+ 1

They fire Tom Donahoe and hire Marv Levy (no FO experience) and Russ Brandon (marketing guy with no Football experience) to run the team. Marv leaks out that he really prefers to coach. For several years it is apparent that no one is really at the controls, especially on draft day. Marv quits with one year still on his contract and is not replaced ... Brandon and Jauron "take over".

Jauron is given a new contract after 3 straight 7-9 seasons. Jauron falls out of favor after his team blows a 5-1 start.

Nest season ... It was a complete joke that Dick Jauron's rag-tag offense was even going to try to run the no-huddle as their primary offense. They cut Walker and then cut the OC, just one week before the first game. Jauron is evcentually purged.

After Jauron they start a campaign for a new GM and hopefully a revamped FO. Wilson hires a well known scout from within the ranks because he "didn't recognize any of the other names".

Next they did an "all out coaching search" but all the poor fans ever heard about is all of the coaches that turned down interviews.

They media has been blasting the Bills since the removal of Tom Donahoe but look at the circus that they see.

Excellent post. The sequence of stupidity is astounding. :thumbsup:

Um, we're right here...

+ 1

what is the purpose of this thread?? just to start crap that doesn't need to be started?

Peters ran his own damn self out of town. and Langston would be better than we have but isn't the answer either.LW was overpaid anyways. If Ralph was pinching pennies he wouldn't have signed langston to that god awful contract in the first place.

this thread sucks.

Ah, hey Dumbo...the 'Haters' as you call them have moved on. These players are long gone.

Like you should be.

Let. It. Go.

Actually, Buddy's comment about paying the guys you develop was directed at the Jason Peters situation. If the Bills hadn't thrown franchise player money at Derrick Dockery and very good money at Langston Walker and Melvin Fowler (WTF?) and had used the money to reward Peters, he may not have ever held out and may still be a Pro Bowl player here. Paying those average or worse players and telling Peters to !@#$ himself and then not making any move to address the situation only compounded their problem (Ryan Clady was on the board!) and is a classic Bills decision; that is, an incredibly short-sighted and intensely stupid management decision and one the franchise is still reeling from. Of course, he may have decided he had "arrived" regardless, and gone into the coasting decline at any rate. Anybody that claims they know for sure one way or the other is kidding themselves.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills