WR Chad Jackson

CB Ellis Lankster

G Andre Ramsey

WR Naaman Roosevelt

CB Lydell Sargeant

RB Chad Simpson

G Jason Watkins

LB Donovan Woods

The Bills also announced that SS Jon Corto has been placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform and TE Derek Schouman has been Waived/Injured.

C Sean Allen

RB Andre Anderson

RB Joique Bell

QB Levi Brown

G Kirk Chambers

DE Rashaad Duncan

FB Rodney Ferguson

C Christian Gaddis

TE Andrew George

WR James Hardy

T Nick Hennessey

WR Chad Jackson

CB Ellis Lankster

G Andre Ramsey

WR Naaman Roosevelt

CB Lydell Sargeant

RB Chad Simpson

G Jason Watkins

LB Donovan Woods

The Bills also announced that SS Jon Corto has been placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform and TE Derek Schouman has been Waived/Injured.

I bet they sign Matt Jones to replace Chad Jackson

Donald Jones is in over Chad Jackson?

I am really surprised about that one. They must see something in him, possibly they feel that he is going to be one of the 7 non-dressed gameday players and better to have him in that position than Jackson.

C Sean Allen

RB Andre Anderson

RB Joique Bell

QB Levi Brown

G Kirk Chambers

DE Rashaad Duncan

FB Rodney Ferguson

C Christian Gaddis

TE Andrew George

WR James Hardy

T Nick Hennessey

WR Chad Jackson

CB Ellis Lankster

G Andre Ramsey

WR Naaman Roosevelt

CB Lydell Sargeant

RB Chad Simpson

G Jason Watkins

LB Donovan Woods

This list looks more realistic.

How can someone like Jackson look so good in pre-season and not make it?

If Gailey praises you towards the end, you probably won't be making the team. (See comments on Brown, Bell and Jackson.)

Words of wisdom to me from a very dear friend: "Think about it: veteran, guaranteed contract if he's on the roster in Week 1. If nobody else signs him, he might be back."

Helps a little, but.....I am still really sad. :cry:

Dominique Harris over Ellis Lankster, interesting.

Cordaro Howard over Chambers, Gaddis & Hennessey? hmmmm

Donald Jones over Chad Jackon, that is a surprise.

Can Joique Bell clear waivers? I doubt it.

Congratulations to Antonio Coleman & David Nelson.

Dominique Harris over Ellis Lankster, interesting.

Cordaro Howard over Chambers, Gaddis & Hennessey? hmmmm

Donald Jones over Chad Jackon, that is a surprise.

Can Joique Bell clear waivers? I doubt it.

Congratulations to Antonio Coleman & David Nelson.

my thoughts exactly. I have not seen Dominique play. Has he been that good? That is a tough group to crack and Lankster has skills

I just saw Dominique is listed as 6'2 213. Great size against TE's and bigger WR's(Moss)

Edited by Pete

my thoughts exactly. I have not seen Dominique play. Has he been that good? That is a tough group to crack and Lankster has skills

I just saw Dominique is listed as 6'2 213. Great size against TE's and bigger WR's(Moss)

That's possible. It could also be a special teams move.

No real surprises. I thought they should have kept Hardy but it's no great loss. Jones was better on ST than Jackson, which I'm sure s why they kept him. The more I thought of it, there really isn't much room for even a #5 WR let alone a #6 as we are going to use both Spiller and Freddy out wide. Nelson will be decent as the #4 and I wouldnt be surprised to see him beat out Sjohnson for the #2. Roscoe as the #3 is going to get and catch more balls than whomever plays #2 anyway.

Keeping the extra safeties was a mild surprise, but I assume they were scared about ST. Dominque Harris is a hitter, and Cary Harris can playing corner in a pinch. We have enough of them anyway. I think they kept Coleman and Woods for ST, too.

I'm glad we only kept two TE, and Foschi will be fine until Nelson comes back. If we can pick up a good back-up TE from the cuts I wouldn't be surprised or unhappy. But we don't really need one. McIntyre can fill in if we have to. I'm glad the Schouman experiment is over, he stinks. We're woefully weak at back-up OL and need to sign someone's scraps who have to be better than our scraps.

Bell and Simpson cut wasn't a huge surprise to me. I don't think Bell is going to get picked up. He's perfect for the PS, as are Levi, and Roosevelt. Sean Allen will probably make the PS too but probably a just in case Hangartner goes down thing, he looked like crap whenever I watched him.

Funny that an offensive coach kept about 5-6 more defensive players than offensive, but I think they started worrying about ST.

After all these years, I'm now convinced Keith Ellison must have compromising photos of Ralph Wilson.

I think he found a new home on ST.

In fact, most of the moves look like special teams decisions. Chad Jackson for sure - apparently he couldn't beat out David Nelson, Steve Johnson, or Roscoe for the top 4 WR spots - WR's 5 and maybe 6 have to be ST guys to stick. Too bad because he looked like he was right up there with the 2-4.

Roscoe looks like he's finally a full-time offense player - he certainly earned it. Odd not to have him return punts - maybe they're just messing with the Fish?

Edited by BobChalmers

For the most part, the Bills have put a premium on special teams and it looks like these cuts have special teams in mind.

And since they're going to struggle on offense and defense, a strong special teams unit could make the difference in some games.

DeHaven can do a lot with some talent. Let's hope they made the right decisions.