I can see why people are quick to bury Maybin

Sorry, sarcasm can be tough to detect with the written word if you are unfamiliar with the poster. If I have been on this message board longer I would be such a dork right now. Sarcasm noted.

Don't sweat it. It took me a minute to catch the sarcasm of the thread too. I figured I would read some responses and see if my instincts were right, before asking WTF! :)

You would only have been a dork if you called him a pompous ass for posting it! B-)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying all Bills fans are the sour, sad lot. Not by any means. But, there's plenty of them out there based on the posts here. They look for any excuse to completely trash a player and then once he gets in the dog house, for whatever reason, he's there forever. I mean listen to the rants on Maybin... he didn't give up millions of dollars, sign immediately, and didn't transform his body size over the summer to become the prototypical DE. OMG!! He's now a bust that should be cut, asap. It's absurd.

I'd counter that by saying that many fans on this board are borderline delusional, to the point where they'd justify any Bills front office move with vigor irrespective of how boneheaded it was.

Maybin certainly shouldn't be vilified given that this is really his first full training camp, but if he doesn't produce this year, time is running out.

Delusional fans on this board have stood behind under-performing characters like Whitner, Rob Johnson, Derrick Dockery, and Jon McCargo for years before their below-average intelligence can finally process the fact that these players simply are not as good as they thought they were.

My point is everyone is so quick to bury a kid who played at the highest level of his profession at 21. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but besides Whitner, I've never seen fans want to destroy this kid. Anything Maybin does, people want to hate him for it.

Maybe it's my fault, but I thought Bills fans were better than that. IT almost seems liek there is a group of fans hoping Maybin fails so they can say they were right about it on a message board. I think 10 or 20 years ago, fans weren't as irrational and so quick to insult.

I agree, alot of people wanted Orakpo but what's done is done. It seems as though many would prefer Maybin fail so they can say how right they were. Same with Whitner & Ngata. It's really sad.

That link says it all.

He doesn't get it.

Just like when he shaved that stupid frohawk, or when he jumped up and down like an idiot when he made a tackle. A tackle. And then did it again. And again.

Then there's the holdout.

Now we look at that sight and see all of this garbage about being a player, 110%, blah, blah, blah.

I don't think you should have a website until you actually have earned the right to have something to say.

What has Maybin done so far?

He should be keeping his mouth shut, and let his play speak for itself. And I wouldn't be using Mr. Whitner as an example, either. This is the same goofball who keeps saying the Bills will be in the playoffs this year, etc.

Gailey could do worse by stapling both Whitners and Maybins mouths shut and taking away their ability to text.

Aaron Maybin seems like a genuinely good person and I hope he has a strong season because we're counting on him.

I agree, alot of people wanted Orakpo but what's done is done. It seems as though many would prefer Maybin fail so they can say how right they were. Same with Whitner & Ngata. It's really sad.

:) What he said.

My point is everyone is so quick to bury a kid who played at the highest level of his profession at 21. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but besides Whitner, I've never seen fans want to destroy this kid. Anything Maybin does, people want to hate him for it.

Maybe it's my fault, but I thought Bills fans were better than that. IT almost seems liek there is a group of fans hoping Maybin fails so they can say they were right about it on a message board. I think 10 or 20 years ago, fans weren't as irrational and so quick to insult.

love the handsome boy modeling school avatar

That link says it all.

He doesn't get it.

Just like when he shaved that stupid frohawk, or when he jumped up and down like an idiot when he made a tackle. A tackle. And then did it again. And again.

Then there's the holdout.

Now we look at that sight and see all of this garbage about being a player, 110%, blah, blah, blah.

I don't think you should have a website until you actually have earned the right to have something to say.

What has Maybin done so far?

He should be keeping his mouth shut, and let his play speak for itself. And I wouldn't be using Mr. Whitner as an example, either. This is the same goofball who keeps saying the Bills will be in the playoffs this year, etc.

Gailey could do worse by stapling both Whitners and Maybins mouths shut and taking away their ability to text.

Case in point...

Did you hear what Wood was overheard saying to him after he got in a scrap with Hangman the first day of camp?

Something like "Why don't you give back some of that money you haven't earned yet".

The O-line wasn't too happy about the cheap shot he gave Fred Jackson.

LOL!

Got to love that!

yet the keep defending total losers like edwards who shown nothing to fans for three years (except his vagina)

And Maybin and Wood are good friends who were laughing about it later in the night. It was another day in a physical camp. The only place it was a big deal was on message boards.

I didnt' think it was a big deal, I thought it was friggin hiliarious.

I wonder what Maybin says after each of his clean-up tackles and .5 tackles (thanks to help from people that tackle with two arms)...

"you lucky I only tackled you for a 5 yard gain..."

"next time I trip yo ass if you break my one-arm tackle attempt..."

"You luck I's just in to give my man Ellis a breather fo one down..."

I don't think you should have POST ON a website until you actually have earned the right to have something to say.

This is the same goofball who keeps saying SAID ONCE the Bills will be in the playoffs this year, etc.

Fixed, I hope these guys you don't think have the right to express a positive attitude about the team and their game have good seasons just to keep your big piehole closed in the future.

Wait was this a negative thread or a positive one? I'm confused, Biscuit, do you hate Maybe and think he should be cut or no?
Gotta be negative. Sarcasm when poorly done is for losers (just like stats), and I can't imagine anyone trying to use it in such a heavy handed manner, even on this board. :)

Maybin 2009 - TK 9 SCK 0 INT 0 FR 0

Ranks

Bills 20 11 14 9

AFC East 77 46 35 34

AFC Overall 295 186 122 122

NFL 586 387 239 261

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/9275/

picked 11th overall with big $ plus sad stats = fan favorite?

He is a Bill so yes. I want production just as much as anyone but damn, it takes time to mature. Bruce is a really good example of that, maybe the best Bill defender ever, so was OJ let's just give the kid a chance. I have jerseys older than this kid.

***disclaimer. I am not saying he's Bruce or OJ*****

He is a Bill so yes. I want production just as much as anyone but damn, it takes time to mature. Bruce is a really good example of that, maybe the best Bill defender ever, so was OJ let's just give the kid a chance. I have jerseys older than this kid. ***disclaimer. I am not saying he's Bruce or OJ*****

you are right...one sack is too much to expect after hearing how "fast" Maybin is coming off the corner and some fans appear to be conditioned to accept mediocrity or have bought hook, line and sinker to the annual OBD marketing plan of "he will be better next year" which is what has been said for Maybin, McCargo, Whitner TE, JP and probably a few more high level draft picks who have not made a high level impact that you would like to see after being drafted so high.

Gotta be negative. Sarcasm when poorly done is for losers (just like stats), and I can't imagine anyone trying to use it in such a heavy handed manner, even on this board. B-)

Leave it to C.Biscuit :)

you are right...one sack is too much to expect after hearing how "fast" Maybin is coming off the corner and some fans appear to be conditioned to accept mediocrity or have bought hook, line and sinker to the annual OBD marketing plan of "he will be better next year" which is what has been said for Maybin, McCargo, Whitner TE, JP and probably a few more high level draft picks who have not made a high level impact that you would like to see after being drafted so high.

I don't think it is too much to ask but last years team was a mess and he is real young that is all. I don't accept mediocrity and am hopeful he shows something. My point was as he is a fav because he is a Bill and that is why I will support him. If he just sucks it up we will see how long Galley holds on to him. My opinion is he get time because of his upside.

Truth be told I (hell even Buddy) wish we would of drafted someone else. None of Jarouns tweeners is really a fav with me but we have what we have at this point.

Seriously, how could you root for a pompous, a-hole like this? I want to be the first to call the guy a BUST!!! Screw a 2nd or 3rd season. I want him cut now!!!

http://www.aaronmaybin.com/310/

What do you see here that you hate?

To each their own, I guess. Seems like a big nothing to me.

Not seeing much of him on the field, though, and that bothers me.

For a Buffalo Bills fan board it sure seems like no one is a fan of just about anyone on the team (except Poz of course, he can do no wrong). Haters of the team, Maybin and Edwards in particular, have hijacked this whole deal and you can all suck a dick.

BUST !!.......i am a season ticket holder. when Maybin came in the game, i watched and isolated on him on every single play. As compared to other linebackers he can NOT stop and/or change direction very well. he was single blocked and could NOT overpower anyone. all he is, is fast straight ahead. i'll be shocked if he shakes the BUST label.

I'll be Maybin's biggest fan if he plays like a 1st round pick.

I'll be Maybin's biggest fan if he gets on the field and makes the team better by actually getting to the opposing QB and justifies some of his 11th overall money in the bank...or is that too high of a standard? He doesn't even have to contribute to the same level as McKelvin & Lynch - who the Bills took at the same draft spot in 2008 & 2007 (Lynch was taken at 12).

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the *&@# happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my a$$ from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: *Let's do it*!

BUST !!.......i am a season ticket holder. when Maybin came in the game, i watched and isolated on him on every single play. As compared to other linebackers he can NOT stop and/or change direction very well. he was single blocked and could NOT overpower anyone. all he is, is fast straight ahead. i'll be shocked if he shakes the BUST label.

Unfortunately I think you are dead on here. I also saw him take a pretty bad angle while pursuing a play last year and totally miss the ball carrier.

Maybe if the bolded statement was true, people wouldn't have a problem with the guy.

You should be less impressed with the private thoughts professional athletes share with you.

Let show this guy the same patience that you have given to players like Poz (who we gave up a pick for) a 4 year player that people are hoping for a break out season with a new defense. If we can be patient with mediocrity such as Poz we can be patient with Maybin.

Personally I would stay away from Penn St when drafting future players. Takes them to long to adjust to the pro's and they just don't deliver.

I don't see Whitner as being in the same categories as the other player you have named because he is very good against the run..better than any LB we had last year. But your right He would have been a great 2nd round pick up.

Unfortunately I think you are dead on here. I also saw him take a pretty bad angle while pursuing a play last year and totally miss the ball carrier.

Good point. A rookie made a bad play; he should be cut. We all know a player never develops or learns anything.

<_<

Good point. A rookie made a bad play; he should be cut. We all know a player never develops or learns anything.

<_<

Same smart-ass remark posters like you made after McCargo's rookie year when it was readily apparent that he wasn't a good football player. Football is not rocket science (though it just might be for you).

Maybe if the bolded statement was true, people wouldn't have a problem with the guy.

You should be less impressed with the private thoughts professional athletes share with you.

It is true. He played in the NFL at the age of 21. That's a fact. A 21-year-old rookie, on arguably the worst-coached team in the league ... and just because he was a 1st rounder, immediate success was supposed to be a given? Not a chance.