I can see why people are quick to bury Maybin

Seriously, how could you root for a pompous, a-hole like this? I want to be the first to call the guy a BUST!!! Screw a 2nd or 3rd season. I want him cut now!!!

http://www.aaronmaybin.com/310/

Man, its hard to explain how I’m feeling right now. We are right in the middle of the grind. Tough practices, two a days. Guys playing hurt, competing with each other, pushing each other to be great. Training Camp provides both some of the best and worst of times for any team. Its meant to physically and mentally break u down as individuals, and build u back together brick by brick as one team. Thus my motto…one brick at a time. It signifies one team. One mindset. One goal. The process is tough. And it pushes us as players, but bonds a group of completely different men from different backgrounds together into a hardened group of warriors ready for battle. We all endure the same workload, and battle through the same adversity together because we are working towards a common goal.

This camp is especially important to me because of the fact that I missed camp last year because of my contract situation. Fans were quick to label me as a paycheck player without knowledge of the situation. That was tough to go through because of the fact that I have always been a player that gives 110 % on

the practice field. Any coach I have ever played for will tell you that nobody has ever practiced harder, but people weren’t seeing me in that light and it bothered me. Now, after having a season spent learning and growing as a Pro, its finally my opportunity to establish myself as a dominant force in this game on the biggest stage in front of the most loyal fans I have ever seen (outside of PSU, lol).

The fans are a big part of it tho. Its easy to be a fan when the weather is nice and your winnin. Its HARD to do it when its -20 @ The Ralph and the teams goin through tough times. And our fans have been doin it year in and year out, without fail. Full of passion, hope, pride, loyalty, and sometimes a little too much beer but hey, like I said…it gets 2 be cold in The Ralph, lol. But they’re behind us, no matter what. They deserve a GREAT team. And were gonna give it to them. Last year was the first losing season I have ever had in any sport in my life to date (true story) and to be honest, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The only way not to duplicate is to practice harder, play hardest, and pray always.

God has really blessed me this year. It has been a long year and a rollercoster ride of highs and lows. But knocking on the door of the biggest season of my life, All that matters is what’s ahead of me. The work has been put in to get me to this point, now its time for me to unleash Mayhem on the NFL. And with the birth of my daughter, Tacori last month my drive and passion to continue to push myself has never been stronger. Anything less than great is not acceptable.

That’s more than enough motivation to get u through the Dog Days of Camp. With our first game against the Redskins on friday, it begins the seasons climb up the ladder. I can’t wait. Lookin forward to making 2010 a year to remember for all my BILLievers!

Aaron Maybin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judge a man by his actions, not his words. Or, if you prefer, talk is cheap but it takes money to buy whiskey. :lol:

Forgive me, but I don't know how Orakpo is at motivational speaking, but he does damn well on the field.

Man thats was sweeeeeet. You made my eyes well up with your accuracy :unsure:

Judge a man by his actions, not his words. Or, if you prefer, talk is cheap but it takes money to buy whiskey. :unsure:

Forgive me, but I don't know how Orakpo is at motivational speaking, but he does damn well on the field.

My point is everyone is so quick to bury a kid who played at the highest level of his profession at 21. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but besides Whitner, I've never seen fans want to destroy this kid. Anything Maybin does, people want to hate him for it.

Maybe it's my fault, but I thought Bills fans were better than that. IT almost seems liek there is a group of fans hoping Maybin fails so they can say they were right about it on a message board. I think 10 or 20 years ago, fans weren't as irrational and so quick to insult.

My point is everyone is so quick to bury a kid who played at the highest level of his profession at 21. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but besides Whitner, I've never seen fans want to destroy this kid. Anything Maybin does, people want to hate him for it.

Maybe it's my fault, but I thought Bills fans were better than that. IT almost seems liek there is a group of fans hoping Maybin fails so they can say they were right about it on a message board. I think 10 or 20 years ago, fans weren't as irrational and so quick to insult.

Let me guess..He's still a rookie. (JP was a rookie for four years)

I would love him if he would make a play that 1st rounder should make. I hear he is being handled at SJF by first year O-linemen.

Excellent Speech :unsure: I hope Maybin DOES extract mayhem on quarterbacks this season. He's speaking from the heart there with some maturity I didn't see before. Having a first child can do that, and becoming an integral part of a team can do that. Go Aaron, Go!

One thing reading this board has taught me... Bills fans, as a whole, are not better than any other team's. A decade plus of losing has made for a bitter, sour lot.

Excellent Speech :unsure: I hope Maybin DOES extract mayhem on quarterbacks this season. He's speaking from the heart there with some maturity I didn't see before. Having a first child can do that, and becoming an integral part of a team can do that. Go Aaron, Go!

I can attest to that. I was 29 and it was an experience that added instant responsibility and maturity to my life. Will it help AM on the football field though? I hope so.

Seriously, how could you root for a pompous, a-hole like this? I want to be the first to call the guy a BUST!!! Screw a 2nd or 3rd season. I want him cut now!!!

Did you hear what Wood was overheard saying to him after he got in a scrap with Hangman the first day of camp?

Something like "Why don't you give back some of that money you haven't earned yet".

The O-line wasn't too happy about the cheap shot he gave Fred Jackson.

LOL!

I for one, hope he excels for the Bills & has a great season..................... :unsure:

:lol: I don't understand how any Bills fan couldn't feel that way. JMO

Let me guess..He's still a rookie. (JP was a rookie for four years)

He's just starting his second year and what the hell does JP have to do with Maybin?

Excellent Speech ;) I hope Maybin DOES extract mayhem on quarterbacks this season. He's speaking from the heart there with some maturity I didn't see before. Having a first child can do that, and becoming an integral part of a team can do that. Go Aaron, Go!

:doh:

What in particular makes you think he is a Richard? I really don't think what he said is bad at all. He said training camp is a tough grind which it should be. I would be more concerned if he said training camp was boring, repetitive and not worth his time. He even mentions that training camp build team cohesion. Also a good thing. Then he states that this is the most important season of his career. I see this as he is trying to motivate himself and I would expect that every new season is the most important season.

The only problem with his post that I really didn't understand was the parts where he was "lol" and mentioning the cold. Otherwise, I hope the kid makes an impact.

What in particular makes you think he is a Richard? I really don't think what he said is bad at all. He said training camp is a tough grind which it should be. I would be more concerned if he said training camp was boring, repetitive and not worth his time. He even mentions that training camp build team cohesion. Also a good thing. Then he states that this is the most important season of his career. I see this as he is trying to motivate himself and I would expect that every new season is the most important season.

The only problem with his post that I really didn't understand was the parts where he was "lol" and mentioning the cold. Otherwise, I hope the kid makes an impact.

Sarcasm detector turned off? :unsure:

One thing reading this board has taught me... Bills fans, as a whole, are not better than any other team's. A decade plus of losing and an incompetent front office that reached for a one-year college starter like Maybin instead of picking an OT like Michael Oher has made for a bitter, sour lot.

fixed

One thing reading this board has taught me... Bills fans, as a whole, are not better than any other team's. A decade plus of losing has made for a bitter, sour lot.

See and that's what bothers me. I was born and raised in North Buffalo. I'm 29 so half of my life the Bills were great. The other half they sucked. So maybe I'm not as jaded as some of the older fans. And as much as I love Buffalo, it probably isn't the dream city for most NFL players.

However what made us special was that our fans were the best. Honestly though, I've never seen some many people try to bury a player like they do with Maybin. It's like they hate the kid.

I could be wrong but I really don't think Maybin would get the hate if he played on the Packers. Maybe we aren't the best fans anymore. And that bothers me.

Did you hear what Wood was overheard saying to him after he got in a scrap with Hangman the first day of camp?

Something like "Why don't you give back some of that money you haven't earned yet".

The O-line wasn't too happy about the cheap shot he gave Fred Jackson.

LOL!

And Maybin and Wood are good friends who were laughing about it later in the night. It was another day in a physical camp. The only place it was a big deal was on message boards.

See and that's what bothers me. I was born and raised in North Buffalo. I'm 29 so half of my life the Bills were great. The other half they sucked. So maybe I'm not as jaded as some of the older fans. And as much as I love Buffalo, it probably isn't the dream city for most NFL players.

However what made us special was that our fans were the best. Honestly though, I've never seen some many people try to bury a player like they do with Maybin. It's like they hate the kid.

I could be wrong but I really don't think Maybin would get the hate if he played on the Packers. Maybe we aren't the best fans anymore. And that bothers me.

Is it that much different from the "burying" of Rob Johnson, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Hardy, Edwards, etc.??

Is it that much different from the "burying" of Rob Johnson, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Hardy, Edwards, etc.??

Burying any player after a season is beyond dumb. And the whole point is why are people so quick to destroy our young players? Do you get a prize for calling a guy a bust the quickest?

Thank you. I was about to mention most of those guys too. Or how about Lynch. Bills fans, at least many around here, will pile on and dump on just about any one. Hell, there's a thread down there raggin on Marv Levy! The guys leads the team to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and that's still not good enough for some people.

I'm not saying all Bills fans are the sour, sad lot. Not by any means. But, there's plenty of them out there based on the posts here. They look for any excuse to completely trash a player and then once he gets in the dog house, for whatever reason, he's there forever. I mean listen to the rants on Maybin... he didn't give up millions of dollars, sign immediately, and didn't transform his body size over the summer to become the prototypical DE. OMG!! He's now a bust that should be cut, asap. It's absurd.

edit: BTW C.Biscuit, none of this is directed at your initial post. I think you were dead on right in your sarcasm. :)

+1

Burying any player after a season is beyond dumb. And the whole point is why are people so quick to destroy our young players? Do you get a prize for calling a guy a bust the quickest?

+1