Nfl sunday ticket; Who's signing up?

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

I'm still getting it. Maybe that's why I was mad. lol

So who else is krazy like me? Meaning renewing or singing up for sunday ticket.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

me - it's the only i can watch my beloved bills play every game - so yeah i'm in

I think thats before the extra fee for HD as well isn't it? For the first time in 13 years I'm not getting it. Between the Bills ineptitude and the price increase it has lost its appeal. Of course if they turn this ship around next year I'll be back.

after 8 years of subscribing i am cancelling this year because of the price increases over the past few years and already signed up for dish network. So they not only lost my 315, they lost a customer altogether.

not a negative reply - but i have had dtv for 8 years also and recently we had to go to the southern tier for my wifes' mom's funeral. we stayed at her sister's place and she had dish network - it was horrible compaired to dtv - but i hope that is not your experience.

I was debating letting it go, but with the price increase I am out. And when my contract is up I may dump DT all together and go back to cable. I like DT but miss the on demand program options.

I'll be trying the same threatening to cancel trick that I used last year. I got the ticket with superfan for $160 last year. I also get center ice so hopefully that will help. ...If not I'll still probably renew even though I have season tickets and go to all the home games. There's just something about being able to drink as much as I want in the comfort of my own home to watch the Bills find new ways to make me insane :ph34r::wallbash:

People are funny. No, I don't like the price going up. But acting as though $315 instead of $279 (or whatever) is a big deal is kind of ridiculous. Buy one less pack of smokes a week.

It's not about the money with me. I've subscribed since 2002 but am not renewing this year because I'm tired of wasting sunday afternooons watching a bad football team lose. And that's saying something because I'm a huge Bills fan. I'll have a better time playing with my kids and not feel I wasted a precious day off work as I prepare for the upcoming work week. I'll certainly subscribe in 2011 if I see signs of us being competitive.

I remember at one point the Sunday Ticket was like $159, which averaged out to about $10/game. Inflation and greed. Greedy bastages...

Honestly I know the cost of things go up but 315$ and that doesn't include the HD that is going to run you around a 100$ extra. I remember my brother and me wanted to buy my dad the NFL Sunday ticket plan for him and it was below 200$ and that wasn't that long ago.

Also I remember before last season a lot of people here said you could call them to cancel they would discount the price and give you HD for free. So if you think that its too much I guess you could try to give them a call threaten to cancel and they might give you 50-75 off and throw in HD on top of that. As for me I live in an area were I can't see the Bills unless they are playing the Jets so I usually try to get a link to watch the Bills play on-line Yeah not the best quality but you gotta support the team.

The only reason why I have DirecTV is because of the NFL Sunday Ticket! My wife allows me to get the ticket because she would never see me on Sundays otherwise. You want to look at the price in a different way.. look at this scenario. Imagine for $315 you have season tickets for any team in the league. You can still tailgate before the game. You can get up and get a beer or go to the bathroom at anytime. If you missed the play, you can simply you can hit the rewind button and watch it again. Don't get me wrong, if I lived in WNY, you would bet your butt that I would have Bills and Sabres season tickets. However, this is the next best thing and some ways it is better.

The only reason why I have DirecTV is because of the NFL Sunday Ticket! My wife allows me to get the ticket because she would never see me on Sundays otherwise. You want to look at the price in a different way.. look at this scenario. Imagine for $315 you have season tickets for any team in the league. You can still tailgate before the game. You can get up and get a beer or go to the bathroom at anytime. If you missed the play, you can simply you can hit the rewind button and watch it again. Don't get me wrong, if I lived in WNY, you would bet your butt that I would have Bills and Sabres season tickets. However, this is the next best thing and some ways it is better.

I'm with you. I'll take 17 weeks of football at roughly 20 bucks/week. heck, I was spending 50 bucks a week 15 yrs ago sitting in a bar 'just to watch the game.' I take this deal anyday. At full price it seems a lot....but I'm a perpetual sucker for the Bills.

I'm with you. I'll take 17 weeks of football at roughly 20 bucks/week. heck, I was spending 50 bucks a week 15 yrs ago sitting in a bar 'just to watch the game.' I take this deal anyday. At full price it seems a lot....but I'm a perpetual sucker for the Bills.

While the Ticket isn't an option for me, I like getting out to a bar on Sundays, to meet up with like-minded folks, to watch the Bills. Seeing them at home is cool, now and again, but it's good to get out of the house! :ph34r:

If you look at what they have done closer you will see that every game is in HD this year. They charged an additional $45 for the season because they've done away with the super fan pkg. It is still cheaper than last year. I payed 400 for it last year. It works out better for me :ph34r::wallbash:

Honestly I know the cost of things go up but 315$ and that doesn't include the HD that is going to run you around a 100$ extra. I remember my brother and me wanted to buy my dad the NFL Sunday ticket plan for him and it was below 200$ and that wasn't that long ago.

For what it's worth, this info might help people. The auto-renewal price is $299 this year, and that includes HD. No more superfan this year. Last year it was like $270 plus another $99 for HD.

For what it's worth, this info might help people. The auto-renewal price is $299 this year, and that includes HD. No more superfan this year. Last year it was like $270 plus another $99 for HD.

Where did you read this? I was looking on the DTV web sight and couldn't find it.

I remember at one point the Sunday Ticket was like $159, which averaged out to about $10/game. Inflation and greed. Greedy bastages...

The first year of the NFL Sunday Ticket, when it was on the old C-Band Big dish was $89.00.

I've been a subscriber since it's inception, first with the big dish and then with DirecTV when they got the exclusive rights.

I should have read a bit more to see if Fez had weighed in on this issue, but I can say at $315.00 they can pound salt. I'll be done. While DirecTV and the NFL screwed America numerous times already with their exclusive contracts, and the past 4-5 years with never ending increases, we must also understand that the NFL is equally to blame for these ridiculous increases in the cost of the Sunday ticket, as they are with most teams tickets prices. I'll still follow the Bills, but it will have to be via a different avenue.

People are funny. No, I don't like the price going up. But acting as though $315 instead of $279 (or whatever) is a big deal is kind of ridiculous. Buy one less pack of smokes a week.

It's not a matter of a single year's increase. It's the never ending annual increases......

Again, I began with the NFL Sunday ticket at it's inception ($89.00) on the old big dish. DirecTV got a hold of it and the price jumped and simply hasn't stopped.

Bad economy and all, yet they keep on taking......

It's a business, and if there's one constant, it's that business will never do the right thing unless they are forced. Goodby ST, and likely DirecTV as well since that has been all I used them for for the past 3 years or so.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

NFL Game Rewind...see any game AFTER it's played.

PTR

I am in Bangkok and that would be great but you can't get it out of the states!

maybe you should check this site out instead:

my2p2.eu

sites like these are what cable and satellite company execs stay up late at night having nightmares about...

I had a Mac until Feb of this year but went to PC. It didn't work on the Mac so I am looking forward to this year. Justin and a couple of others were the only chioce and with the internet hear theyLAGGGG!

Now if they would just have replay on those kind of things so I wouldn't have to stay up til 1 or 4 am to watch it. Makes mon. morning a bummer. The best thing is watching all the commericals from home (jk).

While the Ticket isn't an option for me, I like getting out to a bar on Sundays, to meet up with like-minded folks, to watch the Bills. Seeing them at home is cool, now and again, but it's good to get out of the house! :wallbash:

I'd love to join you. I agree the atmosphere can be great but the cost exceeds what I'd 'pay' at home. In addition, the wife and 4 kids have strong opinions about me being gone most of the day to watch a game. At home, I have a bit more flexibility.....sort of like 'freedom in my own prison.' :ph34r:

You no longer have to pay extra to get the games in HD. You had to pay $100 extra to get Super Fan which is no longer required and HD is included in the price. I guess they realized they were giving it up for free due to customer complaints. I will probably still do my yearly call and see if they can sweeten the deal an little.

Here is an link confirming the new price $314.93.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl

I'll be trying the same threatening to cancel trick that I used last year. I got the ticket with superfan for $160 last year. I also get center ice so hopefully that will help. ...If not I'll still probably renew even though I have season tickets and go to all the home games. There's just something about being able to drink as much as I want in the comfort of my own home to watch the Bills find new ways to make me insane :ph34r::wallbash:

I did it last year too; keep us posted to see if it works again. I'm going to try, as well.

Honestly, having done the sports bar scene for so long, there is no price too high for Sunday Ticket for me.

$315 bucks to watch this team? No way. I'm cancelling. I can't believe they increased it that much.

Time to switch to dish network.

$315 bucks to watch this team? No way. I'm cancelling. I can't believe they increased it that much.

Dish Network and cable do not have the ticket. DirecTV has exclusive rights in the US. That's the main reason they can keep the price high plus the fee they pay the NFL (those greedy !@#$s) keeps going up every year as well. If you want the ticket you have to get it through them. People who live in the buffalo market get all the Bills games on network TV anyway.

If you only watch the Bills it is a high price to pay. I'd get a PC/Laptop with a HDMI out and show the online games on the TV myself.

It is the ability to watch all games that you are paying for. If DirecTV changed to paying to watch only one team they might have something but would lose a lot of money.

So, it looks like what they've done is remove SuperFan and include all games in HD for the $315 price.

That doesn't include online or mobile viewing, though. That is now called "On-The-Go" and will cost you $50 -- $9.95/mo. for 5 months.

You can't buy the mobile package unless you have the Ticket.

$365 is "full price" for everything -- HD, mobile, smartphone, etc.

I don't smoke.

I have had it for the past 8 or 9 years and I think I am done. The annual price increases along with the fact that I only get it to watch the Bills, and I have paid too much just to be frustrated sunday after sunday, has me about done with it.

For those that canceled DTV altogether, did they try to stop you, or offer you a deal on Sunday Ticket?

Just call up DirecTV, ask to speak to customer retention, and then ask for whatever you want within reason. I don't know what kind of ST deals they're offering yet, but they'll offer stuff like free HD DVR, $10 off your bill for 5-10 months, free HBO/Cinemax, stuff like that.

I was debating letting it go, but with the price increase I am out. And when my contract is up I may dump DT all together and go back to cable. I like DT but miss the on demand program options.

I have had it for the past 8 or 9 years and I think I am done. The annual price increases along with the fact that I only get it to watch the Bills, and I have paid too much just to be frustrated sunday after sunday, has me about done with it.

Umm, but like others have said, the price has actually gone DOWN (unless you got a deal last year)... It was $279+$100 for HD. Now it's only $315....

For those who aren't aware, you also get "Short Cuts," where they cut every game down to 30 minutes for you to watch during the week. Handy, especially if you're a fantasy fan. :ph34r:

I guess I'm rather surprised at the "outrage" of a price cut.... (except for people who don't have HD -- but if you don't have an HDTV in 2010, what's wrong with you?! :wallbash: ).

after 8 years of subscribing i am cancelling this year because of the price increases over the past few years and already signed up for dish network. So they not only lost my 315, they lost a customer altogether.

I got the Ticket a few years ago, when it was around the low 2's. Thought it was great. Don't think I can justify

$300 at all. I just don't have the time to sit every Sunday watching a 1 pm and 4 pm and 8 pm game. I barely

get time to watch the Bills game.

Just an FYI. I recently switched to Time-Warner...for a week and came back to DTV. My parents have Dish, and IMHO

DTV is much better than both of them..especially once you had DTV. It is cheaper than cable, but don't know about

Dish. Good luck.

Wanna add some salt to the wound?

If you're a fan of one of the NFL's sweetheart teams like Dallas, New England, Pittsburgh, etc....you hardly need the NFL Ticket. They're going to have at least 4 or 5 prime time games, and likely several more as the CBS or Fox's top game, shown in the majority of USA markets. So, if your a Cowboys fan, you're probably going to get 10-11 games without paying a dime. I could handle the $300 saving and a sports bar for 5 or 6 games.

If you're a Bills fan? Not so much. Unless they turn into some kind of miracle team, we probably won't see a single game broadcast here in the Atlanta.

Good luck getting all the sports channels you want with Dish. I have some friends who have Dish and they have to pay extra for all the sports channels I get in a basic pkg.