Nfl sunday ticket; Who's signing up?

Someone posted the deal inside of thread on here last year, and I reposted it as it's own thread. It got huge and that's pretty much the only way people here found out about it. It then started flying around message boards from every NFL team. Wherever the info started, it spread like wildfire. The longer you waited, the less DTV seemed to want to sweeten the pot for people.

i missed the thread then. i've been coming here for like 3 years.

so then to my next question, WHEN is the best time to BEG/NEGOTIATE with them?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed the thread then. i've been coming here for like 3 years.

so then to my next question, WHEN is the best time to BEG/NEGOTIATE with them?

Who knows, its a whole new year. Who knows if they'll even deal.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

NFL Game Rewind...see any game AFTER it's played.

PTR

i considered this. one of the side benefits is that my kids get a kick out of me going crazy as hell when the bills make an awesome play. a byrd interception as an example. it just wouldnt be the same by myself on my little ass pc.

but if they keep going up, i will have to consider this option.

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

I'm still getting it. Maybe that's why I was mad. lol

So who else is krazy like me? Meaning renewing or singing up for sunday ticket.

I started buying the ticket several years ago as I was spending more at the Bills Backer bar in food and drink. They are quickly closing that gap .... though I am likley to renew as it is convenient to DVR games in case I am out of town or otherwise tied up during gametime.

My wife wants me to say "damn you". You just made Sunday Ticket make sense to her :ph34r:

I never get to see the Bills play unless they are on primetime. I am in Niner and Raider country, and that takes up my local channels. It may go up, but as long as I can afford it I am going to get it so that I can see my Bills win/lose, or just plain make an ass out of themselves.

I also play fantasy football and their player tracker is pretty cool too. That, and using Yahoo's player tracker on my computer, my wife thinks I am quite the loser.

you sound like quite the loser. just kidding.

its weird how a lot of us are willing to spend money on a team even if they are not at the top of their game.

you're damn right about that. i just moved and had to go out of my way to keep them.

without the nfl package, i would have dumped dtv. no doubt in my mind. maybe would have rejoined in the future... but not last week. you know how stressful it is to move????

And therein lies the issue.

DirecTV is alive because of Sunday Ticket. I can understand why they would not want to diversify.

But what about the NFL? I love the Bills and the NFL brand, but they are not of the world's best because they are humble. The NFL oozes greed- and that's not a judgement.

But for me it does raise questions as to where all of this greed, desire to expand, reach more households, etc disappeared to when it came time for DirecTV to renew the NFL Sunday Ticket deal and its exclusive rights. Why would the NFL limit themselves in this situation?

after 8 years of subscribing i am cancelling this year because of the price increases over the past few years and already signed up for dish network. So they not only lost my 315, they lost a customer altogether.

Yea, you do that. Enjoy their DVR while you're at it. :ph34r:

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

350/16= Less than twenty-two bucks a game. Please.........

You no longer have to pay extra to get the games in HD. You had to pay $100 extra to get Super Fan which is no longer required and HD is included in the price. I guess they realized they were giving it up for free due to customer complaints. I will probably still do my yearly call and see if they can sweeten the deal an little.

Here is an link confirming the new price $314.93.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl

Thanks for that link, it actually bothered me more paying the extra $100 for HD than for the package itself. I wouldn't get it without the HD, it would waste the big new HD TV that I have, so it actually will be cheaper. I might still try the call and B word about the price thing like others have and see if I get a price break.

As did I. I called to B word last year that DTV didn't have Versus, and being a Penguins fan, I would be missing 11 games that weren't on my NHL package because they are fighting with VS. They then went through a company BS line of garbage about how this was a VS issue, and promptly told them I could care less who's fault it is. I just know I can't watch my team 11 times even though I'm getting NHL Center Ice. I got it for free last year.

I've just had it with DTV. If they ever lose the NFL package, they'll be in trouble.

I think they realize this also, which is why they pay the NFL so much to keep it and why the NFL stays with them.

I've just had it with DTV. If they ever lose the NFL package, they'll be in trouble.

I think they realize this also, which is why they pay the NFL so much to keep it and why the NFL stays with them.

DirecTV has over 18 million customers. Do you know how many subscribe to the Sunday Ticket package? Let's just say they won't go out of business if they ever lose the ticket.

DirecTV has over 18 million customers. Do you know how many subscribe to the Sunday Ticket package? Let's just say they won't go out of business if they ever lose the ticket.

I did not say they would. Just that they would lose a lot of customers if they didn't have the ticket. There has to be a reason they pay the NFL millions to keep it exclusive to them and why they can charge so much for it. It is a big money maker for DirecTV and the NFL.

I did not say they would. Just that they would lose a lot of customers if they didn't have the ticket. There has to be a reason they pay the NFL millions to keep it exclusive to them and why they can charge so much for it. It is a big money maker for DirecTV and the NFL.

It won't be the death knell of DirecTV like some of the haters are hoping. Of course they make money having it (not so much off the package, but the extra subscribers it brings), but they will carry on if they don't. Honestly, people who get so worked up over their TV provider should just leave if it makes them so unhappy. A lot find the grass on the other side isn't always greener.

It won't be the death knell of DirecTV like some of the haters are hoping. Of course they make money having it (not so much off the package, but the extra subscribers it brings), but they will carry on if they don't. Honestly, people who get so worked up over their TV provider should just leave if it makes them so unhappy. A lot find the grass on the other side isn't always greener.

I agree with what you say. I am happy with DTV and get Sunday Ticket every year no matter how bad the Bills are. I just couldn't see not watching them play. If I didn't miss a game during the '84-'85 seasons when I was still in Buffalo I'm not going to start now.

THe Sunday ticket is less expensive this year. It is 299 dollars for renewal 315 non renewal and all in HD no more Superfan charges. I just renewed with the one time payment. It hurts now but no stress paying the rest of the season and you are all set.

It won't huh? The problem with "going somewhere else" is that no one else offers the NFL Sunday Ticket. So no schitt the grass isn't greener anywhere else if you are an NFL fan.

If everyone had the Sunday ticket, DTV would be in some trouble. No one would pay to have their equipment serviced or worked on just to receive DTV's signal. Why would you, when you could have someone like FIOS when all of that comes free? Their package prices would also have to come down. While it doesn't happen a ton, you do lose signal with DTV in Thunderstorms. Especially the big T-storms in the south. You also don't pay for extra room receivers with most cable companies, that would also have to change.

DTV would suffer if all others had the Sunday Ticket. I don't think it would be their death by any means, but they would have to change their business model immensely to keep people from switching to someone like FIOS, which would be superior to DTV with the Sunday Ticket.

I just wish it would happen, so DTV would have to tighten up a little bit.