Nfl sunday ticket; Who's signing up?

I have a suggestion to those who are going to sign up. I am not a subscriber because my golf on Sunday would not make the puchase cost effective for me, being in the Mountain Time zone. Call DirecTV and tell them you had NFL Sunday Ticket last year, but with the price increase you are going to switch to cable. Watch what happens.

I tried that yesterday with the Sunday Ticket when I called to cancel that To Go crap. They told me I was paying about $100 less than last year and still getting HD, and I had until about the middle of July to cancel the Sunday Ticket alltogther. I tried to bait them into giving me a break but it didn't work yesterday.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a happy camper ... I do not have HD, don't want HD, nor do I want to pay extra for HD.

What DirectTV has done is mandate HD plus mandate the options from previous years like RED ZONE, SHORT CUTS, and GAME MIX.

So, I am sitting here thinking ... is it more to my advantage to go back to watching the games in bars where I would be the only Bills' fan amongst a sea of Eagles' green and of course the volume would never be turned up for me to hear the game.

A moment of real frustration ....

and of course the volume would never be turned up for me to hear the game.

Have you heard the announcers we usually get for Bills games? That's a bonus, not a negative. :wallbash:

Just curious, why do you have no interest in HD...?

It could be worse, you could be paying $100 extra for a service that is standard with almost every other channel! (like HD subscribers did last year)

Get an HDTV and you'll wonder why you didn't 5 years ago.

I am not a happy camper ... I do not have HD, don't want HD, nor do I want to pay extra for HD.

What DirectTV has done is mandate HD plus mandate the options from previous years like RED ZONE, SHORT CUTS, and GAME MIX.

So, I am sitting here thinking ... is it more to my advantage to go back to watching the games in bars where I would be the only Bills' fan amongst a sea of Eagles' green and of course the volume would never be turned up for me to hear the game.

Sheesh dude, it's called progress. Do you still ride your horse to work?

I have had it since 1995. I already paid for it again this year. I love FOOTBALL. Sure it sucks paying three hundred bucks to watch the Bills embarrass themselves every week but it's great for fantasy and it gives me an excuse to lounge around every Sunday. Although I'm not sure my wife is a big fan of Sundays in the fall. I tend to be in a bad mood most Sundays by 4 pm.

im with you. this is my favorite sport. as my favorite sport, i have to basically deal with it. till i cant afford it, i'll keep renewing.

my wife feels sorry for me....

come to my house hommie, YOU WOULD GO TO BEST BUY right after leaving my house.

ps. i'm not really bragging. i just love hd and feel that if stone age dude came to my house, he would change his mind.

oh yeah forgot.

YOU ARE NOT A HAPPY CAMPER BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A BIG @ HD TV WITH HD SERVICE!

I got Direct TV solely for the Bill back in 98 and I'll deal with the price since I watch the games with my father and that alone is worth it. But what I don't get is why don't they let you buy 1 team? The price would be less and I'd bet they'd triple subscribers. Does anyone know why they do not, other then DTV and NFL being greedy soul-sucking SOB's?

I got Direct TV solely for the Bill back in 98 and I'll deal with the price since I watch the games with my father and that alone is worth it. But what I don't get is why don't they let you buy 1 team? The price would be less and I'd bet they'd triple subscribers. Does anyone know why they do not, other then DTV and NFL being greedy soul-sucking SOB's?

They let you buy individual weeks -- but it's like $30/week or something, which makes it not worth it.

No other sports subscription lets you buy only a team either.

As for why they don't allow it - it would add complexity, which adds cost, and would probably make it not very affordable overall. Just a guess though.

I just received an updated Comcast pricing chart for the Twin Cities. Some of the more standard charges:

Remote Control: $0.14/mo

Receiver (Basic Cable only): $0.95/mo

Receiver (Excluding HD): $2.50/mo

HD Receiver (Basic Service Only): $8/mo

There's no mention of DVR fees or "non basic service" HD receivers...

A funny one:

Connect VCR: $15 :cry: I think they need to update that as not many people have VCRs anymore...

Also interesting -- if you want to upgrade or downgrade your internet service, it costs $5. Really??

I wish i was as fortunate as many here fighting with DTV. I was a 12 year customer who tried to get a free upgrade to a HDDVR before the Winter Olympics. I got absolutely no where even though I was getting bombarded with mailing from DTV about all the benefits of being a new customer and all the freebies I never got. I carried this fight on all the way from February until last week and got no where and snotty responses. At one point I said I'll just quit then and resign up and literally was told "go ahead and try it, your in our database."

...So last week I get a flyer from DISH that said they now offered local channels in my area (DTV doesn't) plus a free DVR, plus free HD for life. Soooo I bit on it. When i called DTV to cancel then and only then did they offer me the world. Well that was a little too late as I already had DISH and really don't want to buy it out to get out of my two year commitment. So even though I had no problem with the prices even for ST they lost a 12 year customer who paid on time because they treated me like crap and mocked my threats. Obviously I didn't get to the right person. :cry:

Obviously I didn't get to the right person. :cry:

When you call support (of any company), your first request should be, "Please transfer me to customer retention." Sometimes you have to be forceful about it, but almost every company has that sort of a department. They're the ones who can offer you stuff and it's their job to make the customer happy.

Many years ago, DirecTV accidentally blacked out the first period of the Wild vs Ducks conference finals game because they were told it was on locally (and the NHL blackout rules wouldn't allow it be shown on a different channel). They figured it out after the first, but I still called the next day. I asked for a $50 credit for missing the first period, but the front line support woman said that she couldn't do anything and that it wasn't that big a deal anyway. I asked her to transfer me to customer retention and at first she said, "No, they won't do anything for you anyway." I insisted, she reluctantly transferred me, and I made the same request to the new person -- "Yeah, that's no problem at all! Is there anything else we can do for you?"

So remember, whether you're talking to DTV, Dish, Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, etc, etc, always always always ask for the customer retention department instead of talking to the front line folks. :cry:

When you call support (of any company), your first request should be, "Please transfer me to customer retention." Sometimes you have to be forceful about it, but almost every company has that sort of a department. They're the ones who can offer you stuff and it's their job to make the customer happy.

Many years ago, DirecTV accidentally blacked out the first period of the Wild vs Ducks conference finals game because they were told it was on locally (and the NHL blackout rules wouldn't allow it be shown on a different channel). They figured it out after the first, but I still called the next day. I asked for a $50 credit for missing the first period, but the front line support woman said that she couldn't do anything and that it wasn't that big a deal anyway. I asked her to transfer me to customer retention and at first she said, "No, they won't do anything for you anyway." I insisted, she reluctantly transferred me, and I made the same request to the new person -- "Yeah, that's no problem at all! Is there anything else we can do for you?"

So remember, whether you're talking to DTV, Dish, Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, etc, etc, always always always ask for the customer retention department instead of talking to the front line folks. :cry:

The sad part is I didn't want to leave I wanted a cheap upgrade. Oh well. I did ask to talk to supervisors and they didn't do anything either. I got the feeling that they just handed the phone to the loser next to them and called it good.

The sad part is I didn't want to leave I wanted a cheap upgrade. Oh well. I did ask to talk to supervisors and they didn't do anything either. I got the feeling that they just handed the phone to the loser next to them and called it good.

Which is the magic words are "customer retention," and not "supervisor." CR is usually a completely different department in companies, whereas the supervisor generally has the same outlook as the first level folks.

I saw game rewind mentioned a couple of times, I had this last year and it was a complete waste of money. The games aren't available until midnight (Sunday night) which means I couldn't watch until Monday. And since it was just about impossible to not know how poorly the Bills played before Monday, I watched only a couple of games using this service.

I saw game rewind mentioned a couple of times, I had this last year and it was a complete waste of money. The games aren't available until midnight (Sunday night) which means I couldn't watch until Monday. And since it was just about impossible to not know how poorly the Bills played before Monday, I watched only a couple of games using this service.

i would watch at midnight. my only problem is i dont know how to connect my pc to my tv. so i wouldnt really enjoy it to the fullest on my laptop screen....