Donte at it again

He sure does like to say amazing crap.

The only reason that I posted this, however, is that I think Troup will be a decent player immediately, and is going to start opening day. Donte also said that Parrish has been amazing in practice. I also think Gailey will find a way to get Parrish the ball and he can be extremely effective without putting up huge numbers. Oh, no! I'm turning into Donte Whitless!

Donte does tend to say a lot of stuff that doesn't turn out to be true. It's good to hear that about Troup though. Just because he says something stupid about being better than Suh, doesn't mean Troup hasn't been looking very good. There are other similar reports.

http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner

The only reason that I posted this, however, is that I think Troup will be a decent player immediately, and is going to start opening day.

They shot their mouth off and made big noises about switching to a 3 - 4. And a "scatback." May as well have just gone ahead and published their draft strategy and board on Twitter... :rolleyes:

That's right up there with their "Listen up you other 31 teams - we are going no-huddle" gem. :death:

What other choice do they have, but to start the guy?

Fait accompli.

He is gonna get flamed for this one, but man, whatever. Donte says dumb stuff sometimes, but I was robbed by the 14 year old runaway I took in, so it could be worse. Oh no! A football player who is a little verbose!

At least he didnt have sex with his sister, like Tony Washington.

Let's get it out of the way...

"It's not Whitner's fault he was drafted 11th".

LOL.

You are, however, a bit premature, WEO.

Firstly, he was drafted 8th overall.

Secondly, we only wheel out the "it's not his fault (he didn't draft himself)" thing AFTER someone complains that the Bills "wasted the #8 pick on him."

But you're right. Better to get it out of the way.

He runs his mouth.

Should twitter a little less.

Hasn't nearly lived up to his draft position

Very little of what he has said has come to fruition.

But God help me. I am a Donte fan. He is a versatile (flame on that one.) player and soldier who has done whatever has been asked of him (even taking a benching last year.) I think he is a good leader in the locker room and would rather have him on my team than not. Hopefully he shows a little more under the new regime and some of his statements actually happen.

KEEP FLAPPIN THOSE GUMS DONTE! :rolleyes:

LOL.

You are, however, a bit premature, WEO.

Firstly, he was drafted 8th overall.

Secondly, we only wheel out the "it's not his fault (he didn't draft himself)" thing AFTER someone complains that the Bills "wasted the #8 pick on him."

But you're right. Better to get it out of the way.

8th.....11th--the point is, he didn't ask to be drafted in the first round.

And..."he's just not being utilized properly".

Donte attempts to prove his point by saying, "He'll have better stats" Since when did nose tackles have stats? And Donte, this just shows what is important to you, stats and not wins. You are a bust!

He is gonna get flamed for this one, but man, whatever. Donte says dumb stuff sometimes, but I was robbed by the 14 year old runaway I took in, so it could be worse. Oh no! A football player who is a little verbose!

Is your moral threshold level set that low or was that a joke?

If you were to apply that rationale then most people would end up being outstanding denizens of society.

" Sure he molested a lotta girls....at least he didnt sleep with his sister!" or " Sure he murdered dogs ...but heyy at least he didnt have sex with his sister!" or " Yeah hey totally bannged that 15 year old prostitute....but at least she wasnt his sister!"

** Whatever, I'm not judging you at all, I just find it wth hilarious that you would compare some loudmouth hyping up his team mates in the offseason to some dude who committed incest as a kid and will forever suffer for it.

He runs his mouth.

Should twitter a little less.

Hasn't nearly lived up to his draft position

Very little of what he has said has come to fruition.

But God help me. I am a Donte fan. He is a versatile (flame on that one.) player and soldier who has done whatever has been asked of him (even taking a benching last year.) I think he is a good leader in the locker room and would rather have him on my team than not. Hopefully he shows a little more under the new regime and some of his statements actually happen.

KEEP FLAPPIN THOSE GUMS DONTE! :thumbsup:

He's a soldier? What does that mean? Is he also a warrior...blue collar...?

Oh my god!!! What an @ hole for supporting and pumping up his teammate!!! The nerve of him. Some of you need to get a life if you honestly take offense with this.

Agree -- some people are giving Whitner a hard time over some pretty innocuous remarks. However, I think a lot of this stems back to Whitner's "guarantee" of a playoff appearance a couple of season's ago. Whitner's problem is he lacks credibility -- which is why he needs to stop talking and start performing. It would be a lot easier to listen to Whitner run his mouth if he actually delivered on his promises and actually did help lead this team to the playoffs.

Donte attempts to prove his point by saying, "He'll have better stats" Since when did nose tackles have stats? And Donte, this just shows what is important to you, stats and not wins. You are a bust!

Just so you know the NFL keeps track of tackles, sacks, tackles behind the line of scrimmage, QB pressures, tipped passes and interceptions. (I may be forgetting some.)

Oh my god!!! What an @ hole for supporting and pumping up his teammate!!! The nerve of him. Some of you need to get a life if you honestly take offense with this.

:thumbsup:

Agree -- some people are giving Whitner a hard time over some pretty innocuous remarks. However, I think a lot of this stems back to Whitner's "guarantee" of a playoff appearance a couple of season's ago. Whitner's problem is he lacks credibility -- which is why he needs to stop talking and start performing. It would be a lot easier to listen to Whitner run his mouth if he actually delivered on his promises and actually did help lead this team to the playoffs.

I don't see anything wrong with going into a season with lofty goals. It's not his fault Jauron couldn't make it work.

+1

How do you measure stats of a tru 3-4 nt. His stats come from those players around him that he makes better by being a mountain in the middle. Its probably the least "sexy" position to grade by stats. Its good to hear he's so far so good.

Troup is a different type of player in my opinion.

The only reason that I posted this, however, is that I think Troup will be a decent player immediately, and is going to start opening day. Donte also said that Parrish has been amazing in practice. I also think Gailey will find a way to get Parrish the ball and he can be extremely effective without putting up huge numbers. Oh, no! I'm turning into Donte Whitless!

Donte does tend to say a lot of stuff that doesn't turn out to be true. It's good to hear that about Troup though. Just because he says something stupid about being better than Suh, doesn't mean Troup hasn't been looking very good. There are other similar reports.

I believe his next quote will be "Trent Edwards is better than Manning" :thumbsup::unsure:

You make a decent point but here's my counter: if a 1st round NFL draft pick has no credibility, why read any posts on any Bills board? What credibility does any fan have? The fact is people are going to consistently hate on DW for stuff that is out of his control. Around the NFL, DW is looked at as a pretty good safety.

And the think that just seems silly to me is nowhere is Whitner pumpimg himself up. He pumped up the team and teammates. People really have a problem with this??? I'd rather have confident players who support their teammates. Seriously, people jsut get mad at Whitner for the sake of getting mad at him.

He is probably the anti-McGahee (who fans ran out of town) and loves playing here. Yet, people feel the need to trash him. It's not a wonder that some players hate fans.

How's he gonna get "flamed"?

Though I agree he should just knock it off and/or Gailey should take his blackberry or whatever away from him...Suh got drafted by the Lions.

How often do we play the Lions?

Is your moral threshold level set that low or was that a joke?

If you were to apply that rationale then most people would end up being outstanding denizens of society.

" Sure he molested a lotta girls....at least he didnt sleep with his sister!" or " Sure he murdered dogs ...but heyy at least he didnt have sex with his sister!" or " Yeah hey totally bannged that 15 year old prostitute....but at least she wasnt his sister!"

** Whatever, I'm not judging you at all, I just find it wth hilarious that you would compare some loudmouth hyping up his team mates in the offseason to some dude who committed incest as a kid and will forever suffer for it.

I think I was more implying that Donte trying to shine up Troupes helmet isnt very bad.

You may have a point, however, because I have banged a 15 year old prostitute, and I didnt think it was that wrong, so it is possible that my moral threshold is lower than some. However, we might be able to agree that I was using overstatement to frame his offense as something non-venal.

Red: I meant he would get flamed by the posters on this site, as in made fun of. I think we might see the Lions in the Super Bowl next winter.

I think I was more implying that Donte trying to shine up Troupes helmet isnt very bad.

You may have a point, however, because I have banged a 15 year old prostitute, and I didnt think it was that wrong, so it is possible that my moral threshold is lower than some. However, we might be able to agree that I was using overstatement to frame his offense as something non-venal.

Red: I meant he would get flamed by the posters on this site, as in made fun of. I think we might see the Lions in the Super Bowl next winter.

Hossage is Lawrence Taylor.....? :ph34r: