SDS

SDS (Scott, I think?),

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the work that you put into this board, the upkeep, and for managing the asylum in general. I know that there are some other mods (Simon, Lori, Nervous Guy...not sure who else), but it seems that you you do most of the website maintaining. Thanks for all that you do to allow us to be able to come together for the sake of our beloved Bills. I appreciate it!

I came on in 2004 and check in daily, living out in Oregon (grew up in the Cuse, and lived in OP for a year while going to UB) it is awesome to check in and catch up on what is going on locally.

A few years ago the board needed some fundraising locally for servers or other equipment, I see that you are looking to do some further upgrades. Does that require some additional funds? If so would you let us know, I am sure that many here would love to pitch in and keep the thing going.

Thanks again.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct in that I do the maintenance (software installs, design, platform choices, hardware, etc...), but it is GoBillsinDallas posting the articles and all the mods here that do the real work. Make no mistake about that....

Our server upgrade plans fall within our budget, so with that said - tipping a moderator for the efforts they give would be pretty thoughtful (and well directed). I can facilitate that if that is something that interests you or anyone else.

SDS (Scott, I think?),

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the work that you put into this board, the upkeep, and for managing the asylum in general. I know that there are some other mods (Simon, Lori, Nervous Guy...not sure who else), but it seems that you you do most of the website maintaining. Thanks for all that you do to allow us to be able to come together for the sake of our beloved Bills. I appreciate it!

Thanks again.

Ditto.

Thank you all!

TBD has been one of my browser's home "tabs" for as long as I can remember. I never start a browsing session without seeing if there's a new article.

Best resource out there for displaced Bills fans, hands down, and I thank all involved. :doh:

TBD has been one of my browser's home "tabs" for as long as I can remember. I never start a browsing session without seeing if there's a new article.

Best resource out there for displaced Bills fans, hands down, and I thank all involved. :doh:

TSW is one of my regular stopping points along the Internets each day!

...so with that said - tipping a moderator for the efforts they give would be pretty thoughtful ...

:doh:

"Remember to tip your mods and try the veal."

(well, I thought it was funny when it popped up in my head)

"Remember to tip your mods and try the veal."

(well, I thought it was funny when it popped up in my head)

I'm just worried we're going to get a 10 page thread about how much to tip them and whether the tip should be affected when Jay Rosen's the board.

Guest dog14787
SDS (Scott, I think?),

I came on in 2004 and check in daily, living out in Oregon (grew up in the Cuse, and lived in OP for a year while going to UB) it is awesome to check in and catch up on what is going on locally.

A few years ago the board needed some fundraising locally for servers or other equipment, I see that you are looking to do some further upgrades. Does that require some additional funds? If so would you let us know, I am sure that many here would love to pitch in and keep the thing going.

Thanks again.

Great thread idea and I also appreciate very much everything SDS and all the Mods do to give us what in my opinion is the best sports forum around,

thanks guys :doh:

Thanks, Scott, and everyone else who keeps the board and discussions on track. There are (almost) always good information and opinion shared here once you figure out who knows what they're talking about. I really value this website. THANK YOU!

I'm just worried we're going to get a 10 page thread about how much to tip them and whether the tip should be affected when Jay Rosen's the board.

I think the customary tip is 10-15% of what you pay for the site. :doh:

I would very much like to join in on the thanks and appreciation to those who keep this Board up and running.

And please let us know if you need anything from us, the Members.

I love this board and would support it if need be. Let us know what we can do. Thanks for doing this!

A big THANKS to all the mods that keep this site running smoothly (most of the time) minus a few less then entertaining posts that get shut down quickly!

This is a daily stop along the way and usually end up spending most of my work day here... :doh:

Thanks again mods!