NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Well with that I don't only want them to hoist the cup in San Jose but to skate over to where you and I (we will be going together right) will be sitting so I can give it a big !@#$ing kiss right in front of you. :bag:

Sharks should be so lucky to make the finals the way they played last night. Hope its one of us that gets to kiss the cup. If not the Sharks I certainly hope its the Sabres. Just not at San Jose's expense. Going to the tank Friday. Apparently the tix are 8th row behind the Sharks bench. Should be able to get some nice pic's!

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cool sitting here listening to the audio feed only. I've always liked sports on the radio.

If I listen on radio I'll have flashbacks to the Brad Park OT goal. :bag: I'm pretty sure I cried myself to sleep that night.

If I listen on radio I'll have flashbacks to the Brad Park OT goal. :bag: I'm pretty sure I cried myself to sleep that night.

The year the Angels won the world series I went upstairs to listen to the last inning on the radio so I could hear the "homers" call the last couple of outs.

Nice, solid win, for the Sabres. The second period was a little nerve-racking, but we still came out ahead... I watched the game, at a bar, with no sound...maybe that affected my perception, but, while the Bruins had 38 shots, most were not of any quality...I thought the defense played well and all...Sekera and Butler still make me a little nervous, but great game tonight... loved Kaleta going after Charro...can't wait until Saturday!

All i have to say is.....

MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! BRAAAADDDDDD MAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Pommer's goal was great, but May Day was easily the greatest Sabres OT goal. We hadn't won a playoff series in what, 10 years? And stone-hands Brad May absolutely undressed Ray Borque.

Yeah, Pommer's goal was great, but May Day was easily the greatest Sabres OT goal. We hadn't won a playoff series in what, 10 years? And stone-hands Brad May absolutely undressed Ray Borque.

He knocked the first "u" right out of his name.

Never heard the Flyers booth?

I'm sure I have but they don't stick out in my mind. They probably suck too but to get to the level of Edwards/Brickley would be tough. Versus has each of them on regularly. So often that I've ended up getting the internet feed from somewhere else or going with the mute option.

Hey Boston: Your accent is retaaaaaaded.

Ok thanks...but that's just a bad example on my part. Being an offensive juggernaut is not a prerequisite for winning the cup.

The Sabres are above average on offense, great on defense, and elite at goaltender. On special teams, they are mediocre on the power play and elite on the penalty kill. That's a formula that can win the Stanley Cup, no matter what the haters want to say.

I agree they can win the Cup, I'm not hater. It will require Miller to play at a level on par with historical greatness, which he is capable of doing (see his Hasek-like numbers from this season and his Olympic excellence.)

I'm not talking about an offensive juggernaut. I'm talking about the fact that just a month ago, their quote-unquote first line players of Pommer, Roy, Connolly, Vanek all had under 20 goals. That was subsidized with some 3rd and 4th liners who had 9, 10, 11 goals also. Nice balance no doubt, and that's important. And Vanek and Pommer catching some fire at the end is extremely important. But I also take into account the fact that they were 18-16-6 since January 8th, with four of those wins in the shootout.

As we know, in the playoffs, games get tight, checking gets tight, games are 2-1 and 3-2. Often its an ugly goal from the checking line that's the difference, but often you need a special play from a special player. The latter is what I'm concerned about for the Sabres. And their forwards aren't known for really mixing it up down low, but Lindy has had a way of convincing them to play out of character once April rolls around. Let's hope it works out.

1999 proved that a hot goalie, excellent special teams, and a little luck can work in concert to take a deep run at the Cup.

1999 proved that a hot goalie, excellent special teams, and a little luck can work in concert to take a deep run at the Cup.

While 2005-2006 proved that bad luck can prevent a team from winning the Cup. :bag:

I'm sure I have but they don't stick out in my mind. They probably suck too but to get to the level of Edwards/Brickley would be tough. Versus has each of them on regularly. So often that I've ended up getting the internet feed from somewhere else or going with the mute option.

Brickley can call a game in a balanced fashion but Edwards is completely incapable of that. I'm at the point now where I think the producer is in Brickley's ear, forcing him to go 100% pro-Bruin. There was a point last night after Vanek hit Wheeler from behind where Brickley questioned that and another hit that followed immediately where Boychuk clearly went below the knees to take out an attacking Sabre forward (Edwards labeled it as a "beautiful hip check". After they finally got a break in play, that Boychuk hit was never mentioned again. That over the top homerism comes directly from the NESN higher ups.

I'll give Brickley a pass, but Edwards is the perfect example of all that is wrong with sports announcers. My personal favorite last night was during Kaleta's first shift of the game where Edwards said "and Kaleta is shaping up to be the villain of this series". He literally just stepped onto the ice Jack. Why don't you make your feelings even more obvious. The fans can develop their own thoughts by watching the games. You don't have to tell them what to think.

Our company opened a regional center in Boston recently. I was video conferenced in to them yesterday to help their Regioan VP do interviews. I gave them **** told them they were going down. That so made my day. I did almost laugh at one guy's accent.