Marshall going to Miami

dailar

Not saying I wanted Marshall in Buffalo, but every other day it seems that one of the AFC East teams makes a big move to get better, while all we do is sign practice squad players that nobody else wants on their roster and will probably never amount to anything. Every time one of these other East teams makes a move like this, it just buries us further into last place, and not by any small margin either. They even mentioned something to that effect on Mike & Mike this morning, that the Bills are obviously the only team in the division not even trying to get better. That the organization is trying to convince themselves that Brian Brohm is a realistic option at QB, when the whole world knows he isn't. We are going to be real contenders for the first overall pick in 2011, but then again maybe that is the whole goal for the Buffalo Bills and this new regime in 2010. Doesn't make it much fun for the best fanbase in the NFL though.

Maybe the Bills are just planning to fill some holes this year and not worry about the major parts just yet (QB, WR). LT, NT & LB are the biggest needs this year. It's been 27 years since the Bills drafted a successful QB, so if we end up with a bad record and can draft one of the top QB's next year, then I'm fine with that. The Bills are not making the playoffs this year, they are rebuilding and it's gonna take some time. It sucks to have to wait longer, but that's what happening whether any of us like it or not.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it everybody in our division is constantly adding pieces and getting better, and we are always sitting around with our d*ck in our hand. i am not saying i wanted marshall but we havent made a play for anybody the last few years. F*ck

I think the Dolphins definitely made out in this deal and believe Marshall will be a very good player for them. For those thinking that the Bills are doomed because they didn't trade for either Marshall or Holmes -- there's still the issue of paying these two. Both are going to be signing big-time contracts (Marshall will want something close to $10 mil/per). If you are unwilling to do that - they would simply be playing out their contract-tenders for a year -- and that would amount to nothing more than a T.O. show.

People need to step away from the keyboard. Buffalo has bigger problems than finding a top WR (OLine, DLine and QB). Let's see what happens in the draft before we warm up the tar and start plucking the feathers.

I'd like to know how many posters complaining that the Bills should have traded for Marshall are the same who are ready to run Lynch out on a rail for whatever pick they can get for him (or not).

You know what scares me even more.. the ever so dangerous Chad Henne will be throwing to him!!! We are screwed........ {sigh} :lol::wallbash: --- This is a bills like move.... Putting the horse before the cart!!@@!!

Chad Henne is gonna be a stud in this league for 10 years...he was very good in the gam against the bills at the ralph til the last 3 possesioons when the game was already over

Not rationalizing dude, proving a freaking point. And many of the other players criminal behavior is women abuse. Why just single one guy out. And do you have facts that he was charged with all these accusations you seem to know about? If he were as bad as you say, I guarantee he would be disciplined. Get over it, it happens, always will. I don't condone it, but I can't control it. Nothing to get so hyped up over like you are. Write a letter to Goodell if you feel so strongly. I'm just saying, if they start kicking all the scumbags out of the league, there might be enough players for 20 teams left. Don't know why you have such a hard on for this one guy, when so many other professional athletes do exactly the same thing.

I mean look at Tiger Woods. Did he abuse his woman, not physically, but he did one hell of a number on her mentally. He got applauded when he walked on the the first tee at the Masters. That is how this country works. How long have you been living here?

IF Tiger goes on to win a major this year, AND gets back with his wifey he will be even more famous than what he is now. Think about it.

Football is a tough game played by tough guys who has plenty of flaws. In your workplace there are people who have flaws. But it's the bottom line that counts. If your company makes money ,you still have a job regardless of how many !@#$s you work with.

In the NFL, just win baby by any means. Some teams only care about what you do on the field. The NFL is a cold game baby and maybe that why it is so damn popular.

Some people in this thread couldn't rub two brain cells together. We signed two quality starters on defense, and have a GM with a very good draft record. You can trade all the draft picks you want for low-character players, but until you have a solid foundation that is built through the draft you are wasting your time. This may work out for the Phins, or Marshall may be suspended for a year, but giving up two 2nd round picks for one player isn't smart for a team with so many needs.

Who would throw Marshall the ball? Who would protect the QB throwing to him? We would be paying Marshall more than $10 million a year while we try to plug pieces in around him. But guess what? We would have lost two 2nd round picks, and building a team would have been much harder.

Only someone ignorant to the rebuilding process would say the Bills should have given up what the Phins did for Marshall.

People need to step away from the keyboard. Buffalo has bigger problems than finding a top WR (OLine, DLine and QB). Let's see what happens in the draft before we warm up the tar and start plucking the feathers.

:lol:

Who would throw Marshall the ball? Who would protect the QB throwing to him? We would be paying Marshall more than $10 million a year while we try to plug pieces in around him. But guess what? We would have lost two 2nd round picks, and building a team would have been much harder.

:wallbash:

Yeah, youre right....2 B-rate Defensive guys....Coach off the scrap heap...signing practice squad players left and right....uncapped year....why get more aggressive than that. I mean hey hey slow down everyone....

I love how everyone else signing a free agent mens that we have to take down that character of that player and kill the move by the team taking the chance....as if the PERFECT situation exists and were going to hang out and wait for it.

We are not ignorant to the rebuilding process....we've been in it for 10 years....and we watched every other team in our division do it multiple times in that timespan.

We are tired of watching other teams, especially divisional rivals, make moves and we do NOTHING

Yeah, youre right....2 B-rate Defensive guys....Coach off the scrap heap...signing practice squad players left and right....uncapped year....why get more aggressive than that. I mean hey hey slow down everyone....

I love how everyone else signing a free agent mens that we have to take down that character of that player and kill the move by the team taking the chance....as if the PERFECT situation exists and were going to hang out and wait for it.

We are not ignorant to the rebuilding process....we've been in it for 10 years....and we watched every other team in our division do it multiple times in that timespan.

We are tired of watching other teams, especially divisional rivals, make moves and we do NOTHING

So, because we have had inept GMs for the past 10 years means that we should abandon any logical rebuilding process? B-rate defensive guys? Yeah, they are... but this was an extremely weak FA class. The Bills are full of C-rate players, but guess what? All the top teams are built on B-rate players. You can't have a star at every position, and filling your team with good starters should be the #1 priority in FA, which we accomplished.

Yep...Dwan Edwards was so B-Rate that PFT and NBC Sports had him in their top 10 free agents list before free agency kicked off.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35718728/ns/sports-nfl/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ion-guaranteed/

Marshall gets $24 million guaranteed

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 14, 2010 11:34 AM ET

Brandon Marshall wanted $10-million-per-year, and he got it.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Marshall will get $50 million over the next five years as part of a four-year, $47 million extension tacked on to his scheduled $2.5 million salary in 2010.

The deal includes $24 million in guaranteed money, and close to $29 million in the first three years of the contract. It's not backloaded, although we're looking forward to seeing more details to learn if there are any natural outs for Miami if things don't go well.

This deal essentially matches Larry Fitzgerald's last contract and arguably makes Marshall the league's highest paid receiver, depending on you count the money.

:lol::wallbash::o:o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ion-guaranteed/

Marshall gets $24 million guaranteed

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 14, 2010 11:34 AM ET

Brandon Marshall wanted $10-million-per-year, and he got it.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Marshall will get $50 million over the next five years as part of a four-year, $47 million extension tacked on to his scheduled $2.5 million salary in 2010.

The deal includes $24 million in guaranteed money, and close to $29 million in the first three years of the contract. It's not backloaded, although we're looking forward to seeing more details to learn if there are any natural outs for Miami if things don't go well.

This deal essentially matches Larry Fitzgerald's last contract and arguably makes Marshall the league's highest paid receiver, depending on you count the money.

:lol::wallbash::o:o

Wow! Looks like $11 beers and $7 hot dogs next season in MIA. :D

But that's not right. Check his metrics (I don't have them at hand right now, I apologize). I was surprised to learn recently that his numbers (especially YAC) were much lower than what I'd consider to be elite. He's a reception-machine, but I'm not sure he's a game-breaker.

EDIT: here is the article (I was wrong, it's YPA)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5046443

Here is the key info:

Next up is Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall. Let's start by noting that Marshall is not an elite player on a per-pass basis. His 7.6 overall YPA last season ranked 49th among wideouts and his 9.5 vertical pass YPA ranked 55th. These totals are not anomalies in his career (he ranked 48th in overall YPA in 2008) and indicate he isn't close to the Andre Johnson/Reggie Wayne category.

Having said that, Marshall is an elite wideout in one area: endurance. For proof, consider that his 332 targets over the past two seasons is tops in the NFL, and he did that despite not playing in two contests. He is that rare type of wide receiver who can handle being thrown the ball around 10 times per game on a consistent week-to-week basis.

This will happen when you have Kyle "no more than 10 yard pass" Orton at the helm. Check those stats when Cutler was throwing.

Research is an endangered species on TBD. And it's getting worse.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is way overrated? I've seen him play a few times and he doesn't stand out like some other guys (Fitzgerald, Moss, T.O., Johnson) do or have in their primes. I don't think this is a good deal for the Dolphins, especially with the crappy QB they have.

This will happen when you have Kyle "no more than 10 yard pass" Orton at the helm. Check those stats when Cutler was throwing.

Research is an endangered species on TBD. And it's getting worse.

Hey A-Hole, so is reading comprehension - the excerpt specifically references 2008 and says he wasn't much better then.

You know what scares me even more.. the ever so dangerous Chad Henne will be throwing to him!!! We are screwed........ {sigh} :lol::wallbash: --- This is a bills like move.... Putting the horse before the cart!!@@!!

Yeah....I had the same thought. Is Henne - Marshall the next Montana - Rice? I guess we'll find out if Marshall can keep his nose clean.

I dunno, My Yami has a way of bringing out the worst in some players. Just ask Cecil "Came in Through the Bathroom Window" Collins.

Buffalo is interested in __________ , he's awesome.

Someone else signs __________, he sucks.

CO "MOTHAFU*KIN" SIGN 100%...if we would have gotten marshall everybody would have sh*t themselves with joy...

This is bullsh*t.. Jets get players, miami get players, pats have players...WE DONT HAVE SH*T...somebody please flush this toliet we call a team cuz my love for the bills wont allow me to do it...who do we blame for this ralph, buddy or chan "FU*KING* gailey somebody has to take the fall for us getting people that make you turn into an owl and say "WHO"...

*phewww i feel better now*

Marshall and the Dolphins reached agreement Wednesday on a four-year, $47.5 million contract extension that includes $24 million in guaranteed money, according to ESPN. That would make him the highest-paid receiver in NFL history.

He a good WR but not that very good..

T.O. WAS 13

Not sure you want to use that guide as support

Why not? With a competent OC and QB (which the Bills most assuredly didn't have last year), he's still a guy who can get you 1,000 yards and 10 TD's. Hell he had 829 yards and 6 TD's in that abortion of an offense the Bills had last year.

Maybe it's not a bad deal for Denver, but I don't see how anyone can say it's a bad deal for Miami. When you draft a WR in the 1st round, having him turn out like Marshall is basically the best case scenerio. More likely said drafted player will be much worse. And you'd have to pay him a lot too. So giving up two 2nd rounders for him is whatever. And yes, the Moral Highground crowd needs to stop - particularly as they're probably the same homers excusing Lynch and the idiots on our team.

Would you say that if Marshall beat the s**t out of your sister?

Please go ahead and list all the players currently in the NFL who have been charged with beating up a women. That have had the police called to their house 11 times in the past 4 years. You will find that your thought process of it happening "all the time" is warped to say the least. Maybe you're too young to remember OJ Simpson. Former Buffalo Bill who murdered and nearly cut the head off his women and the man she had the nerve to be attracted to. He had a history of the police coming over his house on a domestic disturbance call. If you're too young and don't remember this than I'm sorry for my going off on you like this.

You seriously didn't just compare Tiger's mental abuse against women to Marshall's violence against women? I'm not a Tiger fan and those people that were clapping only proved that there are a ton of idiots living here.

I'm here to cut down the idiots in this thread like yourself who are aghast that the Bills didn't go after a scumbag "dude" like Marshall. But I guess it's the stupid MTV world we are all living in where a guy like Owens (who to my knowledge has never hit a women) is given much worse press than a true thug like Marshall.

I turn 42 Friday FWIW. We aren't talking about OJ either, we are talking about today's sports world where this stuff happens in every sport. If you can't deal with it, stop watching sports. I also nowhere in any of my posts said that the Bills should have signed this guy. And not that's it's any of your business, but my sister's first husband beat the **** out of her, so who is the one making stupid comments now? Think before you say something so asinine.

Again, I'm wondering why you people are so shocked? The Bills are a JV squad--second-rate. The Fish, Jets and PAts are all run by first-class owners and GMs, as opposed to Ralph and Nix. This is a budget-minded organization and will be run that way until the old man kicks it.

Thus, my motto: GO YANKEES!

Please go ahead and list all the players currently in the NFL who have been charged with beating up a women.

Here you go. Not too bad, only 495 arrests or citations since 2000. And you think Marshall is the only problem in the league. I didn't read all 495, but just on the first page alone there are a number of domestic violence/assault charges. So again you may want to first think about or research the facts before making a ridiculous statement. Have a nice day.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/arrests.html

I must say, I am not impressed with Nix so far. OK so I know we may not be the most attractive team for players but he should still try to make a play for some even if they say no.

At least then we know he tried. Whats the harm in trying? To save embarassment? Hate to break it to him but we are already considered that by many analysts

The Bills tried to get Mike Shanahan. They tried for the Chin. They tried to get McNabb and even (reportedly) offered him an extension.

Add to that, we've added two good 3-4 players (Edwards and Davis) plus Nix has explicitly said that he builds teams through the draft.

What aren't you impressed with again?

Here you go. Not too bad, only 495 arrests or citations since 2000. And you think Marshall is the only problem in the league. I didn't read all 495, but just on the first page alone there are a number of domestic violence/assault charges. So again you may want to first think about or research the facts before making a ridiculous statement. Have a nice day.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/arrests.html

For the sake of argument, let's just say that a third of these were cases of domestic violence against women. That's about 160 reported incidents in 10 years out of 4000 players in the decade who wore an NFL uniform. That's certainly not a lot. I would bet you that 0 of these 4000 players had 11 domestic disturbance calls in a four year period. The fact that you're still pinning away for this scumbag tells me that you're beyond help at this point.

For the sake of argument, let's just say that a third of these were cases of domestic violence against women. That's about 160 reported incidents in 10 years out of 4000 players in the decade who wore an NFL uniform. That's certainly not a lot. I would bet you that 0 of these 4000 players had 11 domestic disturbance calls in a four year period. The fact that you're still pinning away for this scumbag tells me that you're beyond help at this point.

Dude, come on get real. First of all your guesses at numbers are pointless. 160 incidents out of 4000 players in a decade? How bout I have been around 4 decades, met a lot more than 4000 people in that time and to this day, other than my ex brother in law I know of one person who beat on his girlfriend, but it wasn't even reported. So what the hell is your point with that crap? I showed you actual facts. And I'm sure plenty of these guys have beat their wives/girlfriends plenty of other times that weren't documented. And I include Marshall in this as well. And please show me exactly where I defended Marshall or have given him props, other than saying I think he is a top 4 WR in the league. I never said the Bills should have traded for him and I never said this guy was an outstanding human being, did I? That has absolutely nothing to do with his off the field issues. He is a talented WR with a messed up head. I don't understand why you think I have been sticking up for him. Just saying, and proving with facts, that the league is full of garbage. Some worse than others. Why you keep posting the same thing over and over and trying to justify it with your own made up numbers is really sad. You my friend, are beyond help. If you want to keep embarrassing yourself be my guest.