Bills looking for second rounder for Lynch

I don't think we should trade Lynch just for the sake of making a trade, or acquiring an additional pick. They guy is young, talented, productive, and under contract for 3 more years. He and Jackson make a good tandem, whoever the starter is, and we don't need to create additional holes on this roster. Just my opinion, but this is one move I don't think has to or should be made.

Now we're talking sense - I wouldn't even have to think, I'd do this now.

I love Marshawn, but this is a move we NEED to make. We don't need two potential 1,500 yard backs on the roster, we DO need another quality, young player.

We have way too many holes to fill, and in a deep draft that second rounder could be gold!

If Buffalo can snag a second rounder for him it will be robbery for them. If they wanted they could take CJ Spiller in the first round and worry about LT and NT in the second round. JMO

All that and we still wouldn't have a QB

" ...the Bills said Buffalo would be open to moving him if a package included a second-round pick. "

Package..

Well, it's no E. Dickerson to the Colts, 1st RD. picks all around and Biscuit to B'LO, but it could be close..

Bills have added muscle to the backfield so 'the fryer's' on.

this would be awful. his crimes are nothing compared to those of others around the league. i mean smoking pot with a gun in the car is dumb, but not as bad as raping underage girls in the club.(yet i'd be thrilled if we got Big Ben). Lynch is a true BEAST, OJ had a bad years, then became the best player in our history not from the 90s. Jackson had a good year last year, but i think after a year of film of him defenses will be able to stop him. I'm really not comfortable with walter mandenhall and rodney fergurson on our practice team, let alone in uniform.

Yeah if Seattle or another team wanted to give up a second round pick for him either this or next year I say take it. If we can get a 2nd in any capacity take it. Lynch isn't going to be the guy to get us over the top next year or down the line. But the asset that a second this season or next could be might find a piece that could be there when we get to where we want to be.

So yeah only if we can get a 2nd no less because we can't give away Lynch.

This is great value: Use a first round pick in 2007 on the easiest position to find a starter and transform it into a 2nd rounder in 2010. It's bad decisions which domino like this that prevent a team from ever becoming a playoff team.

Sure, getting a late 2nd would be great, but it's no consolation and forces the team to find non-scrub UDFA RB's for September.

I love Marshawn, but this is a move we NEED to make. We don't need two potential 1,500 yard backs on the roster, we DO need another quality, young player.

We have way too many holes to fill, and in a deep draft that second rounder could be gold!

Now here is a poster that knows what he speaks on. And I completely agree with you, not only is Lynch expendable, he is the one that has some asset value for return. Move him, and move him immediately.

Also, you are correct, many posters I noticed do not even remotely acknowledge the holes that are on this team. Its a total rebuild whether people like to admit that or not, you happen to be one of only a handful of posters that is calling a spade a spade, my hats off to and I completely agree with you.

I was around for the build out of the late 80's, this move is necessary for a similiar situation to occur.

I don't know that any team would be dumb enough to give up a 2nd rounder for Lynch. If there was one team dumb enough to do it, it would make sense that it'd be a Pete Carroll led team. This guy is destined to flame out of the NFL for a second time. At #60 overall (Seahawks 2nd round pick) we could get a quality player, and like others have said......Lynch's production is easily replacable.

Why do you "love" Marshawn?

I don't think we should trade Lynch just for the sake of making a trade, or acquiring an additional pick. They guy is young, talented, productive, and under contract for 3 more years. He and Jackson make a good tandem, whoever the starter is, and we don't need to create additional holes on this roster. Just my opinion, but this is one move I don't think has to or should be made.

+1 why trade a proven pro-bowler who had one less than spectacular year for an unproven rookie. thats not filling a hole, thats buying a lottery ticket. and for those of you who claim we have an abundance of talent at RB, Jackson is 29 and thats past most RBs' primes. its most likely downhill from here.

uticaclub had a good point too. we live a pretty sheltered life if we consider smoking a few joints gangster. maybe we're too quick to jump to conclusions about a kid from oakland

Lynch to Seattle for a second makes sense for both teams, and for Marshawn Lynch. My sense of it is that he is not happy in Buffalo and Western NY (where he is not a good fit "culturally"). If he stays there are really only two ways that things can go IMO: Either he finds some maturity and ressurects his career here or the wheels fall off completely and he is probably done as a potentially premier running back. The stakes are high, both for the player and for the team, but mostly for the player. The idea of a happy and fan favorite Marshawn tearing it up as a Bill was a dream that has faded. Too many things have gone wrong, most of which have resulted from his background, his immaturity and the fact that he got most of his rookie contract money upfront in the form of signing bonus and guarantees. Maybe Pete Carroll and the opportunity to renegotiate his contract after a good year will do wonders for Marshawn in Seattle. Obviously I don't know ML but my sense of it is that he is not a bad person. He is young, immature and he has money to spend but I don't think I see a gangster, a thug and a punk. Im sure he knows that this is how he is perceived by many in Buffalo and I believe this affects how he feels about being here (and consequently how he plays here). To some extent he may very well be misunderstood - do you really think he neds to hold people up for 20 bucks?

If 'hawks were willing, and maybe we toss them a 5th to round the deal out that would be perfect. Toby Gerhart would be a great draft pick in the early 3rd if available. He would provide some great hammer power to elusive slash n' dash jackson. Seattle may be willing, as they have 2 firsts to burn, or trade back and gather more picks.

this would be awful. his crimes are nothing compared to those of others around the league. i mean smoking pot with a gun in the car is dumb, but not as bad as raping underage girls in the club.(yet i'd be thrilled if we got Big Ben). Lynch is a true BEAST, OJ had a bad years, then became the best player in our history not from the 90s. Jackson had a good year last year, but i think after a year of film of him defenses will be able to stop him. I'm really not comfortable with walter mandenhall and rodney fergurson on our practice team, let alone in uniform.

Worse or not, one more strike and we lose him for an entire season.

Lynch is a perfect for the Gailey offense although a second round pick would be hard to pass up IF it's offered. This might be the best trade we never made.

He is only perfect as the feature back, which seems no longer to be the case. Another reason why he is unmotivated here IMO.

I think that too. He seemed a lot more interested when he was the only decent player on offense. Now we have a proven freddy.

Nothing against him. He just needs lots of carries to be effective and I wonder how he is going to get them here. Another reason why he feels somewhat out of sorts I think.

Another question is who could the Hawks trade for Lynch? I did hear that the Bills were looking for a player trade since they thought they couldn`t get a high enough pick for Lynch.

That roster really has no one I'd be very interested in that would come in a trade for Lynch. Bad roster plus the fact that they run very different schemes on both sides of the ball doesn't leave many trade candidates.

I think trading for Julius Jones and a 3rd rounder wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We get a back to help Jackson's work load and we get a 3rd rounder to give us an added punch in the draft. That would help free us up to draft Oline and NT in this draft and we wouldn't have to worry about drafting an RB in this draft and still dump lynch.

That is if they would go for it. With our luck, we would probably get more of a 5th rounder and Julius Jones for lynch though.

why do you care why he "loves" marshawn?

because he runs with heart and gives it his all when he has the ball, maybe?

agreed. he shows more heart on the field than almost anyone I've ever seen in a bills uniform. off the field is a different story because of him not. showing up to early OTAs but still I've never seen beastmode fall down backwards in a run

uticaclub had a good point too. we live a pretty sheltered life if we consider smoking a few joints gangster. maybe we're too quick to jump to conclusions about a kid from oakland

Right. Smoking a joint is not really a huge deal. You seem to have forgotten the part about the loaded gun, the claim of stealing 20 bucks, and the hitting a pedestrian and leaving the scene (presumably, while drunk). How many felonies do you want? The man cannot make a good decision to save his life. Not to mention he is one screwup away from a year suspension.

This guy needs to get gone. If we can bone a second round pick out of someone in the process, it would make all the sweeter.

All that and we still wouldn't have a QB

Can't fill all of the holes in one draft. Get a QB next year with our early first round pick (or through FA) and let our young O-line learn a little more before you entrust them with a QB you want to keep.

Seriously. Besides hitting the pedestrian, the stuff he does isn't as bad as Big Ben. But the fact that he keeps getting caught doing stupid things that are illegal is trouble. One more screw up, and we lose him for a season. What is the point of keeping him when we risk losing him for a whole season? seems better to get something for him. Less risk, at least.

But he is a super talented player, and if he didn't have 2 strikes against him, I would keep him.

Why is it some people use one moron's stupid acts as justification for another dumbanus? Who cares who else did what, use common sense. ML has done ridiculously stupid things, be honest with yourself. Lynch won't be a Bill next year, does it matter? Probably not.