UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy is better than Tebow...but he's a baby as well...I'm not sold on his arm strength either...Pike or Skelton are the best options for us...unless we could trade up for Bradford...which wouldn't be impossible if the Rams take someone else...but its highly improbably..and even still if we magically got Bradford, he'd suck because we have no OT's or DT's...

I am not arguing that the Bills should draft Tebow, but why do you think "Pike or Skelton are the best options for us"?

Pike is a guy who showed nothing until someone ahead of him got hurt and he is very skinny (injury prone) and didn't

play against a very high level of competition at Cinci.

Skelton is a big-arm who didn't dominate against an even lower level of competition.

Granted, these guys both have good arms, but why is that enough - especially if they'd need to be taken within a round

or two of Tebow? College play and level of competition should have a lot to do with evaluation and Tebow was much

more productive over a longer period of time at a higher level of competition.

If having the raw arm-strength is enough, then most pitching starved MLB teams should only have to turn to a couple

of their outfielders who have great arms. Clearly that isn't enough. There is more to playing QB (or pitcher) in the

majors than just arm strength.

I am not arguing that the Bills should draft Tebow, but why do you think "Pike or Skelton are the best options for us"?

Pike is a guy who showed nothing until someone ahead of him got hurt and he is very skinny (injury prone) and didn't

play against a very high level of competition at Cinci.

Skelton is a big-arm who didn't dominate against an even lower level of competition.

Granted, these guys both have good arms, but why is that enough - especially if they'd need to be taken within a round

or two of Tebow? College play and level of competition should have a lot to do with evaluation and Tebow was much

more productive over a longer period of time at a higher level of competition.

If having the raw arm-strength is enough, then most pitching starved MLB teams should only have to turn to a couple

of their outfielders who have great arms. Clearly that isn't enough. There is more to playing QB (or pitcher) in the

majors than just arm strength.

Two round difference is the difference between getting a second round NT or OT and Pike or Skelton...or getting Tebow and then a third round NT or OT...I like it the other way around...and in our offense, we need a strong arm quarterback because of the windy days late in the year...no, just an arm isn't enough to be a hall of fame QB...but it's enough to get the job done in a RUN FIRST offense like we should be running with Jackson and Lynch

And if Pike don't drop to round three at least...I wouldn't take him either...I don't take a QB any higher than the fourth round this year based on our needs and the talent at QB...I think Skelton and possibly Pike are still available and have great arm strength...something that would be useful in Buffalo...and reachable for us based on picking up a LB, Two OT's and a NT...something to that affect...

What an idiot this guy is!!!!! did i miss something? did tebow only start 3 games his whole career?

No he put up numbers against other teams to...but did you watch the games????...I mean his throws are dorky and ugly and slow...his arm is not the calliber of arm you want...Troy Smith is another one...oh he won the Hiesman...blah blah blah...yeah but not based on the kids arm...which is inevitably WHY you draft QUARTER BACKS

It is interesting (and alarming to me at least) that the Bills would spin it this way. All the reports I'm seeing are saying the opposite.

Still, as much as I believe Tebow will be an epic bust in the NFL, if he does become a Bill I'll root my ass off for him.

You're a bigger man than i am. If we <gulp> draft tebow, i will immediately take up the torch and pitchfork and begin to run him out of town.

Can anyone confirm if the Bills where present for Tebow's pro day? It would appear that they weren't based on the information below. If that is the case the question is why? Maybe QB isn't as pressing to the front office as we may have thought or they have determined that Tebow isn't the guy no matter what.

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox, Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raheem Morris were in attendance. So were Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith and Browns president Mike Holmgren.

why would you assme (the negative) that the bills were not there? - i don't get it

espn reported earlier - no link as it was on the tv (as i was watching espn news) - that 120 press credentials were issued and all 32 teams were present

i personally was not there so i cannot give a 1st hand account of who was or was not there - but i tend to think that espn news was probably accurate in their reporting

btw - where did you get your "information"? - as in source

Actually, Ralph and Buddy Nix were in attendance, but Buddy had to wheel Ralph into the bathroom to change his absurdly loaded Depends while Tebow was out throwing. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports...Stay tuned to ESPNews for updates on another boring offseason in Buffalo.

do you take lessons in being a disrespectful troll? or perhaps it comes naturally to you?

at any rate your post is worthlessly pathetic

why would you assme (the negative) that the bills were not there? - i don't get it

espn reported earlier - no link as it was on the tv (as i was watching espn news) - that 120 press credentials were issued and all 32 teams were present

i personally was not there so i cannot give a 1st hand account of who was or was not there - but i tend to think that espn news was probably accurate in their reporting

btw - where did you get your "information"? - as in source

It was on ESPN.com

Actually, Ralph and Buddy Nix were in attendance, but Buddy had to wheel Ralph into the bathroom to change his absurdly loaded Depends while Tebow was out throwing. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports...Stay tuned to ESPNews for updates on another boring offseason in Buffalo.

Does your mom know you're playing with the family computer? Why don't you finish your homework and play video games with your equally engaging 13 year old buddies.

We need to draft Tebow NOW!

I'm watching NFLN and Jaime Dukes just said, with all of his usual conviction, the Tebow is going to fail in the NFL. I always go with the polar opposite of what Dukes or Faulk say - what idiots.

// rant over.

If it's a QB our GM and head coach want, I say draft our guy at #9. If they want Tebow or Colt, make it happen with the first pick.Why wait? Make a big splash. I'm confident we can sign some Offensive linemen in FA or draft some in the 2nd and 3rd round.