Greggo seriously disses Buffalo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is that, and don't forget that we saw Brees in person in 2002. Williams' defense made him look terrible, and he was benched for Flutie.

Since y'all linked to the NFLNation post, not the AFC East one, I'll cut/paste my reply from there:

The internet at it's best! Thanks Lori. The truth is available now.

Not really. He has simply proven yet again that he's an arrogant jackass. I also have my doubts about the Brees story. I'd be curious about what Donohoe has to say.

Speaking of Donohoe, what ever happened to him? Is he still spending his GM money and lurking on the TBD stadium Wall?

:thumbsup:

I see nothing in GW that would suggest that he would be a good head coach. The guy was groomed as Gibbs' successor, and even then he was passed over. He strikes me as a decent career coordinator.

Decent he is one of the best if not the best DC in the game thats why he gets head coach money as a coordinator.

Not really. He has simply proven yet again that he's an arrogant jackass. I also have my doubts about the Brees story. I'd be curious about what Donohoe has to say.

Well at least we know there is nothing thin about Greggo or is it Preggo. I am happy he is in the super bowl I think he is due.

Nah. I don't get worked up when someone in the NFL or among the media say Buffalo is cold. It's not Gregg Williams fault we don't have Brees. If it was up to him and not Donahoe, Brees would be in Buffalo to this day. I'm still going to root for New Orleans.

Yep, I am in 100% agreement.

If the Bills have drafted Brees under Gregg Williams, nothing would be different. He sucked his first 3 years in the league and is the reason the Chargers drafted Rivers. Brees would still be on another team, as would Williams.

You can't hate the guy for saying this. He got the shaft from the front office while he was here. Don't get me wrong, Gregg dug his own grave in many ways (airhorns and the like), but he was just not ready to be a HC quite yet. I know I'm not alone, but I've always thought he'd be a great HC down the line some day in his second go-around. I really believe that.

And I don't take that as a dig against Buffalo at all. It IS cold up there. And we've gone 10 years without a playoff birth. Now he's in New Orleans and playing in the Super Bowl. He's not taking the piss. He's just stating facts. If anything, it's a slight at the organization, not the town.

he prefers massive floods to cold?

not to be insensitive, im just saying

After two years of getting crushed due to a lack of an offensive line, Drew Brees would have been just another name on your list.

Come on really? Good Quarterbacks make everyone around them better including the line. Do you think Aaron Rodgers has a great line in Green Bay? If you have talent you will shine through and make everyone around you better. The Bills quarterbacks have been horrible. Stop making excuses for them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...passed-on-brees

Direct Quote:

"I'm never going to discount again on who's it with. I've been able to kind of pick and choose now after all these years about where I want to go to, and I really, really, really wanted to draft Drew Brees when I was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, and thank goodness that didn't happen otherwise I'd still be stuck up there in cold Buffalo. "

----

Greggggggo is my least favorite person ever associated with the Bills.

Yes, even more so than Dickkkkko.

This is a remark made by a bitter bitter man who has obviously never gotten over his failure in Buffalo. I am sure GW would love to be up here in cold Buffalo still coaching the Buffalo Bills with Drew Brees as his Qb. The comment only makes him seem bitter and resentful. I wonder how resentful he will be after Peyton Manning rips his defense to shreds.

Direct Quote:

"I'm never going to discount again on who's it with. I've been able to kind of pick and choose now after all these years about where I want to go to, and I really, really, really wanted to draft Drew Brees when I was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, and thank goodness that didn't happen otherwise I'd still be stuck up there in cold Buffalo. "

----

Seriously??? That's nothing...if I had a choice of living in Buffalo or NO there would be no question as to where I'd choose, and I'm from Buffalo.

How would you feel in your GM drafted Willis McGahee in the first round knowing he would not play for another year if at all?

Then blaming you for all that went wrong! Also GW made twice his salary as a DC than he made as the Bills HC!

I think he learned a lot about being a future HC again by his experience in Buffalo! Any coach worth will is going to have a say on who gets drafted of picked up in FA, not just the GM.

Direct Quote:

----

Yeah, he'd really hate it in Buffalo if Brees took him to a Super Bowl.

Decent he is one of the best if not the best DC in the game thats why he gets head coach money as a coordinator.

Were his defenses in washington really that good? I can't recall, but I don't think they were exceptional.

The problem with GW and his beloved 46 scheme is that he needs basically a bunch of star players on defense to make it work.

You can't hate the guy for saying this. He got the shaft from the front office while he was here. Don't get me wrong, Gregg dug his own grave in many ways (airhorns and the like), but he was just not ready to be a HC quite yet. I know I'm not alone, but I've always thought he'd be a great HC down the line some day in his second go-around. I really believe that.

And I don't take that as a dig against Buffalo at all. It IS cold up there. And we've gone 10 years without a playoff birth. Now he's in New Orleans and playing in the Super Bowl. He's not taking the piss. He's just stating facts. If anything, it's a slight at the organization, not the town.

BS. He got his start here. He NEVER got the shaft. He was released because he did not do a good job. He was released by the man who hired him ... TD. So where are the thanks for getting a chance? He was an unknown, darkhorse candidate. What did he accomplish? Nothing. His teams were lousy and boring. He dismantled the #2 defense in the league; replaced good players with scrubs. He was arrogant prick and he helped to change the culture at OBD for the worse. He had no respect for the winning tradition that we had until he arrived. Gregg Williams is my least favorite Bills coach EVER.

Had he drafted Brees he would have probably ruined his career because his offensive game was just so poor. Greg was not ready to be a head coach then, or now.

So it is the City of Buffalo's fault that TD would not listen to his prodigy coach?

I hope The Colts destroy his weak defense. The Aints were lucky last week, but I don't see them getting lucky again. They will need more help from the NFL just to keep it close.

Kind of like how Donahoe wanted Roethlisberger in 2004, but there was no way the Steelers were going to let the Bills jump ahead of them, calling every team between 5-10 (Giants took Rivers at 4, they were at 11) to let them know they were willing to beat any trade offers.

Then the Bills should ahve called all those teams as well and counter-offered higher than the Steelers. Seriously, this team is the worst-run business in all of professional sports. Yes, worse than the Royals. Worse than the Browns. Worse even than the Lions, if you can believe that. If you REALLY have a guy you want, you have to do EVERYTHING in your power to get that guy.

Then the Bills should ahve called all those teams as well and counter-offered higher than the Steelers. Seriously, this team is the worst-run business in all of professional sports. Yes, worse than the Royals. Worse than the Browns. Worse even than the Lions, if you can believe that. If you REALLY have a guy you want, you have to do EVERYTHING in your power to get that guy.

I agree. Like the Jets last year with Sanchez. They have their QB of the future now.

Were his defenses in washington really that good? I can't recall, but I don't think they were exceptional.

The problem with GW and his beloved 46 scheme is that he needs basically a bunch of star players on defense to make it work.

All in all, they were just OK in Washington, but his D in Jax was horrible last year. Give that man a small taste of success, and it goes to his head like Vick's vapo-rub.

All in all, they were just OK in Washington, but his D in Jax was horrible last year. Give that man a small taste of success, and it goes to his head like Vick's vapo-rub.

In the four years he was in Washington the defenses finished 3rd, 9th, 31st, and 8th. In the one year he was with Jax, the defense finished 17th. This year, the Saints D finished 25th. The team was carried by the offense.

Basically, given the record, one can only conclude that his reputation isn't matched by production. Overall his defenses have an average finish of 15.5 out of 32. That's the very definition of average.

I think he's a bit like Donohoe in that he's very savvy at cultivating the national press (clearly, he speaks with Chris Mortenson, who is always singing his praises). He appears to have some sort of rapport with ESPN.

Nobody really decided "against" Brees. The Bills took Clements in the first, where Brees probably would have been a reach, and were unable to trade back up to the top of Round 2 to get him. Kind of like how Donahoe wanted Roethlisberger in 2004, but there was no way the Steelers were going to let the Bills jump ahead of them, calling every team between 5-10 (Giants took Rivers at 4, they were at 11) to let them know they were willing to beat any trade offers.

Lori, There is nothing unusual about any team not being able to successfully maneuver up or down to get their designated player in the draft. Sometimes a deal just can't be made under such time pressures. What is unusual is that a franchise is not able to get an "adequate" franchise qb to replace the former HOF qb, Jim Kelly, who left at least 15 yrs ago. That inability to secure a franchise qb through the draft or free agency is an indictment of a franchise which ranks near the bottom over the past decade and longer.

After every draft I'm sure every team has the same sensation that they missed out a particular player they coveted. Not being able to adjust your picking strategy to adjust to the fluid situation on the board is what sets this organization back. The problem with the Bills' decision-makers is not what they do with any one pick, it is what they do overall. Their body of work is reflected in the team's record.

I believe GW was there from '04-'07, and the Skins defense ranked as follows during those seasons: 5th, 9th, 27th, 11th

I can't imagine why anyone would say that Buffalo was cold!!! what a base canard....he should be tarred and feathered.

Exactly... BFLO is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It is actually tempered by the Lake... As Detroit.

Speaking of cold... I never felt it as cold out as it is here in the mdwest. How often does it get below zero in BFLO?

For some reason people equate snow with cold... Which is far from the truth.

Not a big fan of Greggo but I was recalling the other day that he did get us to 9-7. Would be nice to take a whiff of that again someday.

He did? 3-13, 8-8, 6-10. 9-7, the only winning record in the last decade, was Mularkey's first year.