People quitting the Bills (Only)

mead107

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and will cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

+1

As a die-hard since the 60's, I have to say that they have pretty much run me ragged. The hiring of any coach would not be enough for me to re-invest emotionally. The needs of this team goes so far beyond a coach that the flurry of messages about CG seems surreal. The coach does not play, and we are seriously lacking in any real talent on the field. If we get a QB and an OL, maybe I'll get more interested. For now, if they're on free TV in NC and I have nothing better to do, I'll watch and root. Otherwise, there's other things to do on Sundays in the fall, especially down here. I'd never root against them, but for now I'm just indifferent. In other words, enough talk. Let's see them make the playoffs and then take it from there.

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and want cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and want cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

+2

+1

As a die-hard since the 60's, I have to say that they have pretty much run me ragged. The hiring of any coach would not be enough for me to re-invest emotionally. The needs of this team goes so far beyond a coach that the flurry of messages about CG seems surreal. The coach does not play, and we are seriously lacking in any real talent on the field. If we get a QB and an OL, maybe I'll get more interested. For now, if they're on free TV in NC and I have nothing better to do, I'll watch and root. Otherwise, there's other things to do on Sundays in the fall, especially down here. I'd never root against them, but for now I'm just indifferent. In other words, enough talk. Let's see them make the playoffs and then take it from there.

I am a fan dating to the 60's aswell.....and, hard to believe...I have seen the situation a lot worse than it is now. I remember the 2-12 seasons....I remember the Dolphins coming to town and throwing 6 passes for the game....no need to throw more.......so as discouraging as it has been this past decade...7-9's or whatever, that jumping off point for a new administration is a lot better than the starting point for a 2-14 franchaise. Jauron was clearly flawed in his philsophy...lets hope the new guy(s) have a better head...and that they can assemble a good team of coaches to do the job. I think the Bills lost some talent on the coaching staff....interesting that the guys I thought were competent..April Kugler in particular were immediately snapped up by other good teams.(Phil and Pittsburg) And a little continuity never hurt a coaching staff...that is to avoid the most discouraging types of mistakes...the repeat mistake.....I wish the new crew well. I will still attend, perhaps not every game anymore, the cold hurts more than it used to.

I quit on the Bills once. Then they came back a won a game know as the greates comeback in the NFL or simply "The Comeback." I'll never make that mistake twice.

+1

I stay till the very end of every game I attend and watch every last minute of the away games on TV for this reason. I will be there when they finally turn it around. Who knows when that will be. I have hope. And another 10 years if I have to wait. It feels too good when they are winning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. And every single move they make re-inforces my emotional disconnect, starting with the Jauron hire 5 years ago. I cannot think of a single instance where they have done something really right since then, from DJ hire through Dockery through Lil Donte thru Losman thru McCargo thru Maybin and straight thru to Nix and Gailey hires.

A couple of lucky strikes, even the blind robin sometimes finds the worm, like signing Stroud and drafting Byrd (which if it wasn't for his unexpected stellar play was another blockhead move).

There is no choice, you have to stop listening at some point, or you go nuts.

This is the worst ever franchise and they have just re0inforced that again.

Go Sabres!

I love all this talk of "becoming emotionally disconnected" and not caring anymore and giving up on the team. The losing is part of being a fan. Sports is entertainment. Win or lose, we are still reading these threads and adding our own comments are we not? we still follow the Bills and know about the changes that take place dont we? If you dont care anymore than dont even visit this site or any other Bills-related site. But you wont do that. The Bills give us something to be both excited and upset about, but at least it gives us SOMETHING. i personally would much rather go through the emotional ups and downs of excitement and failure than have nothing to be emotional about at all.

GO BILLS

I love all this talk of "becoming emotionally disconnected" and not caring anymore and giving up on the team. The losing is part of being a fan. Sports is entertainment. Win or lose, we are still reading these threads and adding our own comments are we not? we still follow the Bills and know about the changes that take place dont we? If you dont care anymore than dont even visit this site or any other Bills-related site. But you wont do that. The Bills give us something to be both excited and upset about, but at least it gives us SOMETHING. i personally would much rather go through the emotional ups and downs of excitement and failure than have nothing to be emotional about at all.

GO BILLS

If only there WERE some emotional ups.

Ive disconnected enough emotionally where I don't really care anymore. I'm still a Bills fan and will cheer for them of course. Ive given up on the thought that they can win. Don't expect it and hopefully I'll be surprised one day. I guess I'm just a casual fan.

Ditto.

I quit on the Bills once. Then they came back a won a game know as the greates comeback in the NFL or simply "The Comeback." I'll never make that mistake twice.

Same here. It was actually my dad that told me not to turn the channel, or give up. Similarly, my dad and I went to a Bills game against the 49ers, back in Rob Johnson's day. Everyone was there "to see Rice," or "for the atmosphere," because the Bills didn't stand a chance. Well they kicked the crap out of SF from beginning to end. I'll never give up, and I'll never assume failure, again.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm a true glutton for punishment...Bring it on Ralph! I can take it...

Sorry just had to do it...I know this is supposed to be quitters only...I'm not a quitter...I'm a dumb ass...:thumbsup:

I'm a dumb %$# too! I'm still a diehard Bills fan...but as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner of the team I think we'll remain in the bottom half of the NFL. His faculties must be affected some and it's obious by the decisions that he makes. You can blame Russ Brandon or Jim Overdorf or Buddy NIX but when it comes down to it Ralph has always had his hands in the cookie jar and always will meddle! Yeah, it's HIS team and he can do that! But, he's just running it into the ground...I don't even understand why spending big is an issue with him! Look at the Big spending teams like Dallas..even though they haven't done anything in the playoffs since we did....they pour money into the franchise, new state-of-the art stadium...etc...great marketing, marquee players, and they are oozing money from all ends! So, I am not quitting as a Bills Fan even though I am fed up with them!!!!!!!! I will watch 10-12 games a year with enthusasim and be fired up...then I will quietly watch without emotion the last 4-6 games a year just for the heck of it! That is what we're accustomed to for now! Hopefully, when Ralph expires the Bills will somehow remain in Buffalo as it would be a bitter reward for the allegiance

of the many diehard/dedicated fans to have the team load up trucks in the middle of the night and disappear!!! :lol:

I refuse to support the team financially until I feel they are giving 100% to put a winner on the field. Right now I don't feel that way. I'm still a fan but if this team wants a dime from me I need to feel that they're truly trying to build a winning team, not just survive in the modern mediocre NFL.

As usual on this board, people take comments and turn them into something they are not. I dont recall seeing any posts that claim total abandonment of the team. Mine didn't. As far as money goes; I'm out all the way. The Bills came to NC (and won) but we didn't go. Sunday Ticket? No way! New hat, jersey, etc? NO!

I'm absolutely done supporting this team financially. I have all the Bills stuff I could want and I certainly wont pay $400 a season to watch them on ST. I think the general consensus on most of the posts I read on any thread is this...

OBD, PLEASE do something to resurrect this once fine franchise.

Until or unless OBD shows that they are emotionally invested in this team, I will remain a relatively passive supporter.

Sorry Guys - Long time fan here, 20+ year season ticket holder, and I just can't do it anymore. I quit. At least until training camp, I will barely pay attention to this franchise. Except for the draft, will definitely follow the draft you know just to see if they are really turning things around but until then...well maybe just a glance every now and then to see what kind of staff Chan is assembling...other than that it's over I tell ya...OVER! (what's that number for text alerts?)

Sorry Guys - Long time fan here, 20+ year season ticket holder, and I just can't do it anymore. I quit. At least until training camp, I will barely pay attention to this franchise. Except for the draft, will definitely follow the draft you know just to see if they are really turning things around but until then...well maybe just a glance every now and then to see what kind of staff Chan is assembling...other than that it's over I tell ya...OVER! (what's that number for text alerts?)

Translation = If the Bills end up being a good team, I'll be back.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

I know. I feel the exactly same way. I'm so pissed I don't even want anyone to mention the Bills. Oh, I'll glance at the schedule when it comes out in May, but that's it. Except for free agency - gotta see who we pick up there. And the OTAs - those should be interesting. Probably will keep an eye on the happenings at St. John Fisher come July, but that's it. Sure, I'll catch the first preseason game or two, but other that all that - like you - I'm done with this team. :lol::lol:

Who are we kidding???? The Bills are...

CHAN-TASTIC!!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :worthy:

Quitting on the Bills is like quitting on your 15 year old, blind, arthritic, three-legged mutt. You know you should have him put down, but ya just can't do it. Cuz after all, even though he ain't much of a dog...he's still YOUR dog!!

These are my Bills...always will be (unless of course they move to Toronto!), but until then.....

LONG LIVE CHAN!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!

Quitting on the Bills is like quitting on your 15 year old, blind, arthritic, three-legged mutt. You know you should have him put down, but ya just can't do it. Cuz after all, even though he ain't much of a dog...he's still YOUR dog!!

These are my Bills...always will be (unless of course they move to Toronto!), but until then.....

LONG LIVE CHAN!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!

Well said.... I think lol (nice analogy)

LONG LIVE CHAN!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!

:lol:

Thanks for your past support .

Hope you find a Team to Cheer for that has it all for you.

GO BILLS

mead

I wouldn't say I quit. I just don't care any more.

I mean, Chan !@#$ing Gailey? Really? If Ralph doesn't care, why the hell should I?